One Hand Deadlift Records

tricker383

This is me one arm deadlifting 100kg. I think its a deadlift I dont use my legs only my back

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=waITmoarcKw

That's a one arm deadlift, you can also straddle the bar.

How does the 100kg breakdown?

I've tried to work it various ways, even taking a still from the vid and working the dims. and weight from there.(double checked and erring on the generous)

I make it 5x5kg+10kg+collars each end of a 1.2m solid inch bar((4.75kg)7.5kg for 1.25" bar) making between 74kg-80kg(top and bottom parameters), just wondering where the extra 20kg-25kg is coming from?

Hey Ive been grip training nearly 2 weeks now and I have broke previous PBs for myself :)

1. I got a video of me ripping through a phonebook yayayay

2. I can pinch 5 dimes in both my left and right hand

3. I one hand deadlifted 80kg (all my weights lol)

4. 5 reps weighted pullups 100+ pounds

5. Hold 10seconds one arm negetive at 90degrees :) (so close to one arm pull up)

6. closed my hg 250 i got it 2 days ago haha

Nevermind, that explains the missing 20kg. :)

sorry the name is wrong its 80kg its all my weights sorry i will change straight away

Youtube also changed sorry about that people

Edited by tricker383

May I present Mr Kim 'My word is bond' Wood as one of the prime reasons why video gets it's status. Feel free to search this very site for evidence.

Point well taken on that one.

I dont want to sound like I am bitching here. For example-Steve if you say you pull something off the ground, I dont need a video, because i know you would not put your self out too look mickey mouse with a false thing. You said its good, so its good.

I think the majority of people are honest and would not lie, i think the lies we have seen as a community are a small minority. I am just annoyed to see every person shot at until they can "produce proof" and i would like to think your honest and good to go until you prove other wise. maybe i am wrong :(

Even the OP's 'I will one day pull 350.. err no 100... err no it's 80 should be evidence in court too ha ha. Proof, as per GB rules, is usually required for outrageous/record claims.

I would never want to discourage anyone, but I think having shorter term goals might be wiser. I can say all I want that I'd like to break the one-hand DL record, but it's a little ridiculous.

I've done 245 lbs and I consider 275 to be a reasonable goal. Achieving a triple bodyweight deadlift would be a nice accomplishment. Doing it with one hand is probably not in the cards :blush

Adam,

In the history of the board, there have been guys here and there that were full of crap. While at times I think the standards of proof here are a little overdone, I know why they were put in place.

For me, I would take the word of alot of people active in the community because I know them, or someone I trust knows them, so you can only lie for so long before you get called out.

And, this is independent of grip, but there are people who are world beaters in their basement, but never can pull out a lift when someone else is there.

There’s a reason that the only lifts that “count” for record purposes are those done in competition. And it’s a combination of things responsible for that. Throughout history, many of the world class feats of strength have been done by “strongman” types during shows – and later proven to not have used certified weight and/or were simply exaggerated for effect in the performance or in some cases not actually weighed at all – think back lifts with people as weight etc. Then there are the “Inch” dumbbells – all 3 or more of them of various weights used on stage. Now these guys were strong – sometimes even capable of doing the feat in question but doing it day in and day out is another thing entirely. Of course over time many of these things were discovered and brought to light.

Some of the other feats were simply witnessed by “friends” – again plates etc may not have been certified and over time – the memories sometime “change” as to what was really done – think back to what was done in your HS weight room and what is claimed a few years later when you talk to them. A visit to Iron History will bring you some interesting discussions as to some of these historical claims.

Fast forward to the days of the internet – video – U tube etc. There are some lifts I “know” are fake because I was there – an example is the bench press video from the Arnold Classic last year with the fake plates. Fake plates have been around for quite a while now and it’s pretty hard to tell it from a video. And the plates we all use can and do vary all over the place – I’ve weighed a few hundred plates now and the difference can be quite substantial. Look closely at U tube and see how many 10K bumper plates you find claimed as 45s.

Grip feats can be even easier to “cheat” if the person desires. Finding a few plates that are light isn’t that hard for pinching. A bit of tacky on the hands won’t show on

video either. And then the truly honest people who just happened to luck into a set of light plates with great texture compared to someone with slick plates that might be a little overweight to boot – and we all know how much difference thin versus thick can make. Many of us have lifted enough “blobs” to know that while all of them are hard – they vary all over the place and some are much harder than others. At my first GGC, Richard Sorin told me the only true test possible on any friction lifts is same implements, same place, same day because humidity etc can make such a difference.

Any one who has done much bending knows how greatly steel can vary – and I doubt anyone can tell the difference on a video – that’s why most certification process’s are as strict s they are as to opening on video, and having all the safeguards in place etc.

Grippers – yep – they vary too – all over the darn place. Luck of the draw is one thing but I know a certain #3 was sent all over the country to cert on a few years back.

Another thing that makes a difference – at least to me – is that “gym” lifts can be done on those magical days when you are at your best and by them selves – and competition lifts have to be as part of a complete multi event comp and perhaps not on your best day. And most federations keep separate records of single lift events and full comp lifts for that reason. That doesn’t mean they don’t count of course but I look at them as different at least.

Records are different than feats of strength for that reason – the level of proof and difficulty of cheating or having fake or uncalibrated plates etc goes way down in a competition setting compared to someone’s garage with a camcorder set up over in the corner and a couple buddies hanging around drinking beer. And please don’t think I’m saying everyone’s gym lifts are like that because most aren’t of course – but as usual in life – a few bad apples spoil it for everyone.

Some things simply don’t allow “records” as such easily. Bending is an example. Certifications etc offer those of us who desire the recognition a way to get it but to claim a record is difficult at best.

This year starts my 50th year in the weight rooms of this country and I’ve seen a lot of big lifts done over the years – both gym lifts and competition lifts. But proof isn’t always proof these days especially, the ways to cheat have changed and become more sophisticated in our technological age. It’s a shame when a man’s word is automatically doubted but there is a reason for it – a very good reason sometimes.

Even the OP's 'I will one day pull 350.. err no 100... err no it's 80 should be evidence in court too ha ha. Proof, as per GB rules, is usually required for outrageous/record claims.

LMAO :D:D:D:D:D I love these threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!