Holiday Inn Express

440 Asylum Street, Hartford, Connecticut

(860) 246-9900

Room Rate-$99-$129 a night.

Hotel is directly behind the venue.

Airport Info:

Bradley International Airport

(BDL)

Approximately 25 minutes from the venue.

To Book Your Flights, you can go to:

www.bradleyairport.com

This is an Armsport Videos Exclusive Event. Additional footage to be taken by the staff from In The Hook.com.

Challenge Matches Announced So Far:

Don Underwood vs. Ian "The Grippler" Carnegie Right and Left Handed

Tom Nelson vs. Mark MacPhail Right Handed

Paul Walther vs. Dave Chaffee Right Handed

Dustin Morgan vs. Eric Roussin Left Handed

Angel Cosme vs. Kyle Silito Left Handed

Tim Bresnan vs. John Brzenk Right Handed

The Northeastern Armwrestling Association

Proudly Presents

NORTHEASTERN ARMWRESTLING CHALLENGE VI

Date:02/28/2009

187 Allyn st. Hartford, CT.

Weigh-ins:

Friday-7:30pm-10:00pm

Saturday-10:00pm-12:30pm

First Set of Challenge Matches start at 1:00pm

Weight Classes:

Men's Open-154, 171, 209, 231, 231+ Right and Left Handed

Women's-Open Right Handed

Entry Fee: $25 per arm

Hotel Info:

Holiday Inn Express

440 Asylum Street, Hartford, Connecticut

(860) 246-9900

Room Rate-$99-$129 a night.

Hotel is directly behind the venue.

Airport Info:

Bradley International Airport

(BDL)

Approximately 25 minutes from the venue.

To Book Your Flights, you can go to:

www.bradleyairport.com

This is an Armsport Videos Exclusive Event. Additional footage to be taken by the staff from In The Hook.com.

Challenge Matches Announced So Far:

are you pulling in the open JAMES :D

Any predictions?

Here’s mine:

I don't know too much about "The Grippler" but I am inclined to go with Don Underwood on this, seeing how he's been pulling as of late.

I don't know too much about Mark MacPhail, but seeing that some thought he would be a good match for Michael Todd, I'd say this would be a close one with a slight edge to Tom Nelson.

I have not heard of Dave Chaffee until recently when he beat Tom Taylor in an overall a few months back. This would be another good one. If the conditions are made to mimic an arm wrestling practice, I would say Paul Walther, 6-0, easily. :D However, given that this is an actual tournament, maybe 5-1 or 4-2 Paul?

I cannot call this one as I don't know enough about either competitor.

See above.

Does Tim Bresnan really have more victories over John Brzenk than vice versa? No doubt Tim Bresnan is a beast and knows exactly how to defeat John Brzenk by exploiting John’s weakness via his powerful toproll. However, with John’s recent performance in Europe, I would say John 6-0 or 5-1 without making it look too hard.

I’d LOVE to make it out to this event myself, but I plan on competing a week before at a local event.

Any predictions?

Here’s mine:

I don't know too much about "The Grippler" but I am inclined to go with Don Underwood on this, seeing how he's been pulling as of late.

I don't know too much about Mark MacPhail, but seeing that some thought he would be a good match for Michael Todd, I'd say this would be a close one with a slight edge to Tom Nelson.

I have not heard of Dave Chaffee until recently when he beat Tom Taylor in an overall a few months back. This would be another good one. If the conditions are made to mimic an arm wrestling practice, I would say Paul Walther, 6-0, easily. :D However, given that this is an actual tournament, maybe 5-1 or 4-2 Paul?

I cannot call this one as I don't know enough about either competitor.

See above.

Does Tim Bresnan really have more victories over John Brzenk than vice versa? No doubt Tim Bresnan is a beast and knows exactly how to defeat John Brzenk by exploiting John’s weakness via his powerful toproll. However, with John’s recent performance in Europe, I would say John 6-0 or 5-1 without making it look too hard.

I’d LOVE to make it out to this event myself, but I plan on competing a week before at a local event.

i agree 100% on these picks and i think Tom T probably let Dave beat him seeing how there was no money and they are teamates

I would love to pull Robert, but I am announcing and doing brackets (tough when you run two tables lol) and I am pulling at the Arnold the following week. Why are you planning on making it out?

Garrett, Tim does have a one match edge on John. John will likely be pulling another supermatch that day left handed as well but it is not set in stone.

Dustin Morgan has beaten Rob V Jr. in a hook left handed ( believe once or twice) so he is no joke. Eric Roussin has a very good left hook as well. I think the puller that wins match one wins all three in this one.

Kyle Siletto has some very impressive wins over Ron Klemba and Denis Dubreuill. Angel has done very well in supermatches though and should be the favorite in this one. I think this one has the potential to go all five.

Paul and Dave will either be very interesting or Paul will blow him off the table. I get to train with and lift with Paul very often and he is stronger, bigger and faster than he has ever been on the table.

We will be announcing 5 to 8 more supermatches soon depending on how negotiations pan out.

ONCE...............because of the huge rotn pads and my forearm grazed the pad, but my forearm was straight up and in no danger of losing.

EVERY other time I turned him in I beat him easily.

Tough one to call between these 2, I go with Eric, he is a more polished hooker and IMO a stronger one at that.

Eric will be able to set the hook .

I think I'm gonna go with the Grippler, he has an awesome team and for some reason I think he will be able to catch Don.

I am pretty sure Devon has been preparing him for some time for this.

Tom Nelson

A coin toss in Paul/ dave...I have never pulled either, but from what the people who know are saying it totally depends on what paul shows up.

I think Dave could be some trouble no matter what though and wouldn't be surprised to see him win.

Kyle Sillito

Tim and John..............out of straps....TIM...............in em................John.

This is tough to predict since they have back and forth history and know where to and where not to go with eachother and have probabally been working those areas.

I would love to pull Robert, but I am announcing and doing brackets (tough when you run two tables lol) and I am pulling at the Arnold the following week. Why are you planning on making it out?

Garrett, Tim does have a one match edge on John. John will likely be pulling another supermatch that day left handed as well but it is not set in stone.

Dustin Morgan has beaten Rob V Jr. in a hook left handed ( believe once or twice) so he is no joke. Eric Roussin has a very good left hook as well. I think the puller that wins match one wins all three in this one.

Kyle Siletto has some very impressive wins over Ron Klemba and Denis Dubreuill. Angel has done very well in supermatches though and should be the favorite in this one. I think this one has the potential to go all five.

Paul and Dave will either be very interesting or Paul will blow him off the table. I get to train with and lift with Paul very often and he is stronger, bigger and faster than he has ever been on the table.

We will be announcing 5 to 8 more supermatches soon depending on how negotiations pan out.

no i'm looking more at making maybe ILL or Ohio state this month. I would like a rematch with UNDERWOOD right handed if he makes ILL state like he says on the 24th. Last time we pulled he beat me right but i got him left but i think i'm a little better now tech than i was then :D

How far is Hartfod from Bristol CT?

Not far. About a half hour drive, according to Mapquest.

There's another match in Bristol on the 17th of this month Bob Brown pointed out to me. Both places are 2.5 to 3 hours from me.

Edited by The Writer

Angel Cosme vs. Heintje Bergeron Left Handed

Joe Lagassee vs. Chris Gobby Left Handed

update supermatch list

Sylvain Perron vs. Rob Vigeant JR. Right Handed

John Milne vs. Charles Link Right Handed

Eric Roussin vs. Jim Bryan Right Handed

this is gonna be the balls!!

• 2 weeks later...

update supermatch list

after pulling Don at ILL STATE i think the Grippler will get smoked and should think about withdrawing :D

update supermatch list

I don't mean to take anything away from anyone and I have been wrong on many past predictions. With that being said, I think that many of these matches will be blowouts.

Brzenk will blast right through Bresnan. Walther will blast through Chaffee. Nelson will win clearly over MacPhail and Jim Bryan will dominate Roussin. Don Underwood should win convincingly over the Grippler. Unless Vigeant comes in absolutely top form, the odds are definitely in Perron's favor as well.

G-Man, are you aware that Tim Bresnan has as many wins over John as John has over him (maybe even more I'm not sure)? I can see why you would think John would blast through Tim (loking at both of then at Nemiroff especially) but something about Tim's style John just doesn't know how to deal with.

G-Man, are you aware that Tim Bresnan has as many wins over John as John has over him (maybe even more I'm not sure)?

I am aware that Tim currently has more wins over John than the other way around. Tim beat John at the Arnold Classic and a couple times at Lake Tahoe I believe. John beat Tim at Mohegan Sun.

Tim’s toproll is very difficult for John to stop.

I am basing my prediction on the fact that John is looking to totally turn the tables, based in part on his disappointing supermatch performance against Devon but stellar performance a short time later at the 2008 Nemiroff World Cup.

Edited by G-Man

I could be wrong, but didn't Bresnan's latest victory over John happened at a tourney where John was pulling 198's?

I think if John wants this to be 3-0, it will be. But he always seems to want to test himself in his opponent's strongest spot, so we'll see!

I don't know about Jim Bryan owning Roussin g-man, Roussin doesn't seem like a slouch, I think he beat Rob V. when the latter was starting. Jim Bryan got totally dominated by James Smith in a supermatch about a year or two ago...

Can't say on the others but Rob will beat Perron

and John will beat Bresnan.

Just my predictions.

I think John has come up with a way

to deal with Bresnan.

Perron will not be able to deal with Rob's

new strength.

Mighty Joe

I agree John beats Tim, but I don't think it will be a cakewalk. I think Bresnan will put up a decent fight, and by the way it's best out of 5 not 3.

thanks for the vote of confidence joe, I know that I am an underdog to the people that really know about sylvain............I am pushing for an upset.

Edited by monkeypaws

G-Man, are you aware that Tim Bresnan has as many wins over John as John has over him (maybe even more I'm not sure)? I can see why you would think John would blast through Tim (loking at both of then at Nemiroff especially) but something about Tim's style John just doesn't know how to deal with.
I think that John will make it look easier than it actually is because he will have been prepaired for TIM spec. I dont know what to think of the Chafee match because he is up and coming

• 2 weeks later...

Let me update this prediction - I just spoke with a guy who said Dave Chaffee is an absolute monster - probably only beatable by a small handful of pullers in North America right now - 6-0 or 5-1, in Dave's favor.