Rob Vigeant Vs. John Brzenk

mightyjoe

I think a match between Vigeant and Brzenk would be interesting

if they used a handshake grip and all else stays the same. All present

day rules apply except with the exception of the grip. You can use bodyweight

and all.

I'd be willing to bet some cash that Vigeant would prevail.

WHY? Because of his superior hand strength as evident in several grip

competitions. This type grip makes a difference and keeps technique to a minimum.

Don't bet until you've tried it.

I would even bet a large amount of cash with Magnus Samuelson against Brzenk

with this same type of grip. Magnus winning of course.

Any takers???

What's the ole saying? "Money talks, BS walks" :D

Mighty Joe

I think a match between Vigeant and Brzenk would be interesting

if they used a handshake grip and all else stays the same. All present

day rules apply except with the exception of the grip. You can use bodyweight

and all.

I'd be willing to bet some cash that Vigeant would prevail.

competitions. This type grip makes a difference and keeps technique to a minimum.

I would even bet a large amount of cash with Magnus Samuelson against Brzenk

with this same type of grip. Magnus winning of course.

Any takers???

What's the ole saying? "Money talks, BS walks" :D

Mighty Joe

I'll pass - you may be right Joe ...................... can I borrow some money BTW :laugh

Funny, I seem to recall Rob Vigeant saying, (less than a month ago too), that the strongest hand he has ever felt on a table was Brzenk's. He said "it's like steel".

I think Rob is well aware that he could probably out-crush, out-pinch, out-thickbar John Brzenk... but listen to what he has to say about John's handstrength at the table.

By the way, I always wanted to publicly reply to you about Mac's feat of hanging from a 2" rope at a BW of 300 pounds, but those threads got closed, maybe for language or whatever. Since I'm typing this all nicely, there should be no problem :D

From May 2008, look at Richard Sorin's post:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=27362

A man who trains at Richard's place was witnessed, by Richard and others (very credible witnesses!) to have hung from a 2" bar (I know, not rope, but thickbar) at a BW of 312 plus a 158 (!!!!!) pound dumbell. What's the total there? 470 pounds? Would you say that, if you remove the nearly 160 pound dumbell.... could he hang from a 2" rope? :D :D

Mr. Sorin was once asked in another thread about what his best was, while hanging from a 2" bar, and he said he hung with a huge DB also (in excess of 100lbs, and Sorin is at least 250+). I think he mentioned another guy at Sorinex hanging with Bert Sorin (I think?) attached to him, from one arm. I bet these men that can do this could easily hang with just 300# total weight off a 2" rope. I could not find this thread using the search function however, would have liked to.

I also read that Mac used to squat 400 for reps. If that was mentioned as an attempt to impress anyone, I think most of today's strongman could do way more than that, specially 300 pound strongmen. I don't know why it is that you think Mac was so out of this world....... but if you still think he pinched two 80# discs and walked with then, there is no point argueing with you.

Funny, I seem to recall Rob Vigeant saying, (less than a month ago too), that the strongest hand he has ever felt on a table was Brzenk's. He said "it's like steel".

I think Rob is well aware that he could probably out-crush, out-pinch, out-thickbar John Brzenk... but listen to what he has to say about John's handstrength at the table.

Let's quit talking about it and put the same energy into making it happen.

I've had other pros tell me my fingers are like steel also.

Like I said, try the grip before you make a decision.

You're not even an arm wrestler are you Arturo?

Mighty Joe

By the way, I always wanted to publicly reply to you about Mac's feat of hanging from a 2" rope at a BW of 300 pounds, but those threads got closed, maybe for language or whatever. Since I'm typing this all nicely, there should be no problem :D

From May 2008, look at Richard Sorin's post:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=27362

A man who trains at Richard's place was witnessed, by Richard and others (very credible witnesses!) to have hung from a 2" bar (I know, not rope, but thickbar) at a BW of 312 plus a 158 (!!!!!) pound dumbell. What's the total there? 470 pounds? Would you say that, if you remove the nearly 160 pound dumbell.... could he hang from a 2" rope? :D :D

Mr. Sorin was once asked in another thread about what his best was, while hanging from a 2" bar, and he said he hung with a huge DB also (in excess of 100lbs, and Sorin is at least 250+). I think he mentioned another guy at Sorinex hanging with Bert Sorin (I think?) attached to him, from one arm. I bet these men that can do this could easily hang with just 300# total weight off a 2" rope. I could not find this thread using the search function however, would have liked to.

I also read that Mac used to squat 400 for reps. If that was mentioned as an attempt to impress anyone, I think most of today's strongman could do way more than that, specially 300 pound strongmen. I don't know why it is that you think Mac was so out of this world....... but if you still think he pinched two 80# discs and walked with then, there is no point argueing with you.

Arturo,

You're good at getting off topic.

The thread is about a match with the grip I stated between Brzenk and Vingeant

and Brzenk and Magnus.

No amount of evidence will convince people like you of anything Mac did.

I rest my case!!! :D

Mighty Joe

Thanks for the compliment. Guess I'm almost as good as you are avoiding the very valid points that others bring up while discussing with you. You rock at dodging them and keep on ranting about how he was nearly superhuman because he beat everyone at his bar :rock

Like, for example, when someone asked you about the feat of climbing a stair with a 600lb horse strapped to his back. (hold on, let me stop laughing so I can type correctly). WHY are there no pictures of this? Did he not do this for an audience? Or did he just routinely do this in his backyard for his own, and the horse's entretainment? .. I remember Jesse Marunde (RIP) once climbed a ladder with a 200+ atlas stone on his shoulder, and everyone was like "that was dumb! That ladder could've broken any moment!"... but I guess it was OK for 300# pound mac to strap on a 600# horse and climb ladders - they sure built them rock solid back then.

Mighty Joe: Yes, I am not an armwrestler..... I guess therefore I should believe Mac Batchelor would beat today's greatest like nothing, 'cause you, an armwrestler, say so. I should also believe he pinched two 80# discs when nowdays pinching two 45#'s is considered a near world class. Oh, and he walked with them, and a pair on each hand.. LOL. You're right about something Mighty Joe: you could find PICS and VIDEOS of this particular feat and I would still not believe it. :D

Yikes, I have played around with this alot.

I do think hand size and gripper strength will be much more of a factor than in a regular grip.

John does have the best hand I have felt...............in armwrestling...................flat fingered and containment wise, I am not sure of the open hand power outside of regular armwrestling. I am sure his hand is super strong overall, but this set up might be to his disadvantage, plus it is very hard on your wrists in a weird way since your hand is wide open and he has some wrist troubles as of late.

I'll ask him to give it a spin next time I see him,......................but I am waiting for a real rematch now that I have some more bulk and added strength.

Thanks for the compliment. Guess I'm almost as good as you are avoiding the very valid points that others bring up while discussing with you. You rock at dodging them and keep on ranting about how he was nearly superhuman because he beat everyone at his bar :rock

Like, for example, when someone asked you about the feat of climbing a stair with a 600lb horse strapped to his back. (hold on, let me stop laughing so I can type correctly). WHY are there no pictures of this? Did he not do this for an audience? Or did he just routinely do this in his backyard for his own, and the horse's entretainment? .. I remember Jesse Marunde (RIP) once climbed a ladder with a 200+ atlas stone on his shoulder, and everyone was like "that was dumb! That ladder could've broken any moment!"... but I guess it was OK for 300# pound mac to strap on a 600# horse and climb ladders - they sure built them rock solid back then.

Mighty Joe: Yes, I am not an armwrestler..... I guess therefore I should believe Mac Batchelor would beat today's greatest like nothing, 'cause you, an armwrestler, say so. I should also believe he pinched two 80# discs when nowdays pinching two 45#'s is considered a near world class. Oh, and he walked with them, and a pair on each hand.. LOL. You're right about something Mighty Joe: you could find PICS and VIDEOS of this particular feat and I would still not believe it. :D

Thanks for letting everyone know where you stand Arturo. Your last sentence destroyed you.

You're a very irrational person indeed.

Thanks for making my case.

Valid points I avoided? I admitted possible mistake in judgement, NOT YOU!

You do nothing but set at a type writer and play armchair athlete and probably have never

done any experimenting on your own to find out anything.

There's plenty of people like you that do nothing but keep people down instead of

positive encouragement.

KAPOWWW!!!

Mighty Joe

You call me irrational, and you are finishing your replies with "kapow" in capital letters, like a 12 year old kid. You also imply that I have to be an ahtlete to have any say in this? :blink

I will stand by what I said. I will stand by the sentence that you said "destroyed" me. That sentence, and I will quote myself:

You're right about something Mighty Joe: you could find PICS and VIDEOS of this particular feat and I would still not believe it. biggrin.gif

I will defend it. In my sentence, you can clearly see I was talking about a "particular feat" (see the words in bold, in the sentence that "destroyed" me). The particular feat being a farmers walk of 30 feet while pinching two 80# discs in each hand. This is so laughable, that if you believe it, there really is nothing else for me to type here, not for you.

But for anyone else who even considers the possibility of this being done, just ask yourselves the following questions:

1) how many Gripboard members have pinched 2-45's ?

2) how many people have been witnessed pinching 2-45's in each hand, just deadlifting them?

3) how many have deadlifted 2-45's in each hand, and walked 30 feet with them? ...

4) have you ever seen a video of someone deadlifting 2-45's with weight added?? any extra weight? 10 or 20 pounds via magnets or duct-taping smaller plates?

5) if Mac Batchelor farmer walked two 80 pound discs PER HAND, it is stating he had, at LEAST, a 160# one hand pinch. However, as we ALL know (Mighty Joe too, I hope), when you pinch discs, the total pundage goes down to what you would pinch on a single apparatus. So if he pinched 160# in the form of two plates, he probably could've one hand pinched, say, 180-190 in a single apparatus. Also, he walked 30 feet with that. If we're just talking about deadlifting from the floor, that adds some more pounds than doing a Farmer's Walk, so he could have probably one hand pinched 200+ in a single apparatus, PER hand (including his non-dominant hand).

6) what is the WR on the Two hands pinch? Like 250-ish ?? According to these tales, Mac could've probably exceeded 400 pounds. LOL !!!!!!!!!!

Isn't a 200 pound TWO-hands pinch still considered world class, or near world class? What is the highest ever recorded one hand pinch, on the Euro Pinch setup or any type of pinch block?? Is it near the 200+ pounds that Mac was able to pinch, according to these calculations? (admittedly, based off a 160 pinch, PER HAND, in the form of two sepparate 80# discs, and having walked 30 feet with them).

Since I'm not the one who admires an oldtime strongman, I wont finish my post with a chidlish "kapow" or anything else. ;) Instead, I'll thank you for that other compliment you gave me, of calling me irrational. Much appreciated. :rock

Edited by Arturo