Kaz

Roark

Guest woody36

Dave,

I wish you well for the challenges in the months ahead!

Dave, i don't know if anyone's asked you before,but what

motivates you?. Is it the desire to be the best,or just to

challenge yourself?

Thanks in advance

Ray.

Ray,

I enjoy training, and being strong, well as strong as I can be. Contests motivate me, but nowadays I enjoy meeting people as much as competing. I am not the best, and never will be, but challenges are good fun and keep your mind and body busy. Which can't be a bad thing!

David

I really doubt that anyone will ever do 3 45's smooth side out.  I have done 3 york 25's on several occasions without any difficulty - but I have a long span.  I've been close with 3 35's and think I might be able to get it on a really good day.  BTW, I ran a Blob lifting challenge in the GNC booth at the Mr. Olympia.  About 300 people tried it and nobody was close.  I got Kaz to give it a shot and although he was close it didn't leave the ground.  In all fairness, the blob was incredibly difficult to lift that day with all the oils from peoples hands on it.  I managed to lift it about 25 times over the weekend but towards the end of the first and second days it was near impossible.

Wade

Wade,

Blob domination like you and Jim have is amazing. If I'm lucky on a good day I get it 6 or so inches up, but Jim can nonchantly pick it up likes it's a bag of crisps. Scary!

David

You know what I like about this board? No, not being

embarrassed when I make a mistake as I did in reporting

David's feat, but the very fact that dialogue reveals our

mistakes.

The board from which the initial story was reported is skipping

merrily along without checks and balances in this matter.

Thanks for being here.

If I may, I'd like to add Matt Graham to the list of great blobbers.  He was simply awesome at the Super Grip comp.  I have a few pictures, I just haven't had the time to set the correct size so they're a little tough to look at (that's what I get for using web templates).  Matt did the clean 3 or 4 times, and had the added challenge of overhead rafters.  That was the main reason we moved everything outdoors, as seen in the first picture.

2002 Super Grip Comp Pictures

AnimalCage

Are the results of the competition on that website? If not any chance of posting them please  :).

Jim,

That website is my own personal one.  I keep checking www.usawa.com, because last year's results are there, but I haven't seen any for this year.  Kevin Fulton would be the best resource for event results.  Mary McConnaughey may also have results.  I'll email Kevin an inquiry.

Wanna,

I will try to clear up the pictures soon, maybe even tonight.  Those were some of the better photos.  I'll go through my small stack again to see if there are others worth posting.  Once they are clear, I'll start a new thread.  This is off the "Kaz" topic.

Lessons learned from first competition:  More film, big notepad, lots of sharp pencils!

• 3 weeks later...