The new ironmind catalog

Sybersnott

I am actually pissed about this. My current best is 282 and theres a picture on this site, of which Randall has a copy, showing a darn site more than 253. There's a picture available of David Horne equalling the previous 264 pounds (120 kilos down at 2001 comp). So why a 253 pound image?

If this motivates me to do the 300 come January then all to the good but you're right - I'm gonna want the #### cover now!!

PS Joe: only indirectly... Never full on 'members of the Gripboard said or say...'

We should be sending some pics of a Rolling Thunder 'workout'(NOT max)to the gripboard...hopefully after this W-E.These lifts will go just a "little?"(heh-heh-heh...)beyond Pfister's 253#.

I agree the 'mobsters'lift should be in the cat.though...I'm a big fan of pfister(as a strongman,etc.)and am just glad to see him and whit together in the same cat.(they BOTH did their  pro DEBUTS right here in town when i was a kid)Didn't mean anything against the current champ....

I actually think I've seen a photo of Phil doing a 265 and i think an old catalgue has a pic of Bryan Neese(also did Pro Debut right here in town)doing a 255.....but again-at this moment-officially(whatever official is?)Mobster is the man....

Trivia:there were 3 guys that debuted as Pro Strongmen here that have done 255+Pfister,Neese,Big Tony...and there are  two absolute unknown that have also done over 255 lbs.Whit Baskin has done a 212...he of course was here also.Mike Dean competed also and did a 225 the first and only time he tried also.(5th place 'survival of the Strongest)

If Mobster or anyone else does the poundages they claim like Pfister did (to full lockout, wait for signal, then lower under control) they certainly deserve to be there.  I remember hearing (I think from Mobster directly) that on his max lift the apparatus ripped out of his hand, not a good lift by the current rules.  Hey, January's a coming....let's see what happens :D