Brian Shaw Pinch Grip 3 York 35's

BRIANSHAW

Here are a couple more grip videos....

The first video here is of me pinch gripping three york 35 lb. plates. I put a loading pin through them and a 2.5 lb collar on top. I think I will

be able to pull the loading pin out but for the first time training with this I didnt attempt it without the pin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlzOugNU3XI

Second video here is of the same lift with the right but I threw in a blob 50 in the left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkUpY7lyV7w

super strong lifting :rock its too bad and really a shame there is not as big an intrest in hand strength as it is some other stupid sports that people are making a good income off of.We all know some of them and the effort the guys put forth for a pat on the back is really great. Hopefully one day some of you guys will get more out of this sport other than fun .

Do 45's wimp...

:laugh

But seriously... do it.

That was great You must be close to doing this with no pipe throught the plates it looked easy for you Great job!!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher:mosher

As far as I know, I am the only person to lift 3 - 35's with no pin. I did this a couple times in 2003, no video but with witnesses, and to full lockout. I have also lifted 3 - 35's with an IM pin and additional weight, 5 or 10 pounds. I quit training this because it always tore my thumb webbing up and I had/have crappy plates that don't fit tight. It just wasn't something I could train every week so I lost interest. I think me and Chad's top lifts on this might be going by the wayside real quick from the looks of how easily Brian did this. But until he pulls the pin I still have bragging rights (for at least a week or so). In all seriousness with Brian's age and domination of 3-35's with a pin I would bet he has a real shot at 3-45's some day. Just the fact that he could do this multiple times in a workout tells me he is not tearing up is thumb webbing like I did, so he can actually train this lift - the sky's the limit.

Wade, if he ever does 3-45s I think you need to hand your status as King of Pinch on over to him ;) But in all seriousness, it's possible for you Brian, so go prove everyone who ever said it was impossible wrong :rock :rock

Awesome lifts, Brian. Can't wait to see more :rock

Very impressive!!! :rock

Incredible lifts! :bow I hope you get to try out a two-hand pinch device sometime. I think you'd have a shot at the record with a little training (or none).

I think anyone wanting to try for something beyond the 3-35s would want to take a shot at some plates like Matti uses in the video below. The 20kg plates are really thin and the 25kg isn't much thicker. Most of the 45lb plates I've seen people pinch would be a struggle if they had 3 together due to the width being so wide. Odin has a video doing a two-hand pinch with 3-45s so he found some fairly thin plates.

Incredible!!! :blink

Look out Chad this guy is knocking on your back door. :D

Mighty Joe

Incredible lifts! :bow I hope you get to try out a two-hand pinch device sometime. I think you'd have a shot at the record with a little training (or none).

I think anyone wanting to try for something beyond the 3-35s would want to take a shot at some plates like Matti uses in the video below. The 20kg plates are really thin and the 25kg isn't much thicker. Most of the 45lb plates I've seen people pinch would be a struggle if they had 3 together due to the width being so wide. Odin has a video doing a two-hand pinch with 3-45s so he found some fairly thin plates.

Those York 35's he is pinching are the same width as York 45's. The old York 25's, 35's, and 45's are the same width.