Hang Cleans For 3 Minutes

BigJan85

Today I was tryin not to do real heavy work because of a twinge in my shoulder so I thought i would get some cardio in and hang clean 135 for as many reps as I could in 3 minutes. I ended up with 44 and had to set the bar down a few times because my hands were on fire. I never figured that grip would play that much into it but that was the first thing to go. I think ill do this once a week until i can hit about 55-60 then move up a little in weight.

I've recently started up a similar thing but with power cleans. Last workout I did 155lb for 63 reps in 20 minutes (a set of 3 every minute on the minute for 20 minutes - 21 sets).

Nice work - 44 reps with 135 in only 3 minutes!! - your effort is far better than mine but I still appreciate the cardio effect. All my arm flexors from the grip to the biceps get fried as well.

There is a workout in the CrossFit community that consists of 30 Clean+Jerks (or clean and push press, or "from the ground, to Overhead, in any way you can") with 135# as fast as you can. Some folks have gotten it in like a minute and half. Since you're doing full cleans from the floor here, AND you're moving the bar to overhead, the amount of work you end up doing is huge, it's a very taxing workout. Just a thought in case you decide to try something similar, but a bit different, and compare your time with others.

Arturo, I've got a friend who does crossfit and he was tellin me about the 30 clean and jerks awhile back but he never told me how fast some could do em. WOW a minute and a half is very quick. I think I'll have to try this tomorrow as im sure its a heckuva workout. Ill post my time, however im sure it will pretty far off of a minute and a half.