New ironmind goodies

mobsterone

Fellas-

I thought this would be an interesting read.  Suprisingly this is a very nagative thread.  Was I in awe over IM's new additions? Nope; however, I wasn't suprised.  What did you guys expect?  What grip tools can be developed that PDA and IM have not developed?  Not a whole lot.

I am also very suprised that any of us would think Brookfield would publish a book not worth reading.  If it wasn't for him many of  us in this group would not be where they are in their hand strength development.  I have read that many have not liked his "grip tips" on the IM web site; I myself have found them to be very good exercises.  I guess if your only goal is to close grippers you wouldn't even like his book MOHS.

Is IM a perfect company? Nope.  Is there one?  Nope.  However, I will say that IM, PDA, and the BB products satisify our needs and there is a need for both companies.  Why bash IM when almost everyone of us use their grippers and want to be certified by them?

I love this board, and I love training  my hands.  I appreciate the companies that make products for us, a very small marketing group.  Is everything perfect? Nope; but it aint bad either.

-HH

I don't think anyone bashed IM in this thread?

I agree, both companies are great and I am a customer of both. I have all the MILO back issues for example. :) :)

I checked out the online catologue today as well.  I was surprised that they had an updated (somewhat) TTK but not an upgraded Hardy Handshake.  The modificiation first posted by Chessp1 would be more marketable in my opinion.  I've done the mod myself and it's great!  The force is mainly transmitted to the fingers instead of the base of the palm.  And the retooling for the manufactur of it would be minimal.  

I'll be waiting for the Giftmas Debt to settle a bit before I order Brookfield's new book.  Have to admit the trailer caption is quite captivating...something about if you what to crush popcans...

Jon@han

I din't think anyone bashed Ironmind either but stated that a) there's no point wasting good money for an Ironmind straphold strap when u can buy similar in a hardware store - as most here who use them will have done months ago b) that Mr B's book, which I will almost certainly buy (its aimed at us Gripmasters after all) doesn't immediately make u think its gonna tell us more than we can get here. That said the more books on grip I have the better I hope I can be.

Hey zcor, thanks for the atomic athletic site with the loadable blob. I saw a picture of it in the gallery and I just might buy one. Also, look under weights, and then dumbbells. The solid replicas of Russian Kettlebells are really nice. Thanks. :D

Gripster,

Think about this for a moment. Atomic`s blob can only

load to 25LBs at the cost of $90. I can not say

that is a good bargain. Have you tried York Barbells

website? You can email them for a retailer where or near

where you live with their products. Specifically the

solid cast dumbells.

Theses dumbells are the choice for blob work and you

can get them for $.80 -$1.10 a pound(?) A 70 lb DB will

give you two blocks for less money and more weight.

Just more feasible in my opinion.

Yeah, kettlebells will work your tail off if you like ballistic

movements. I have several (replica) authentic Russian KBs. But not from Atomic

Zcor, I have not been able to find York dumbbells anywhere near me. Since your're right about price of blob being high, I might see if York can ship to me. I do like the idea of it being loadable and the eyelet for finger work though. I can pinch whatever I can and then take weight out to do some tosses. You could even tape weight to bottom to make heavier. If not York, then looks like I'll be working some overtime to save for blob. :p  :p