New ironmind goodies

mobsterone

I was told by Steve at Pullums that there is a new John Brookfield book and some new bits of kit available. Does anyone one know more?

Its possible. I think it is called 'enclopedia of grip masters' or some such. More info pleeaasssee!!

I ordered Brookfield's new book too. Can't wait to read it.

Ironmind now sells straps of different width (1/8 and 1/4) designed specifically for strap holds. They also have a device for finger curls.Also a grip machine like the one in MOHS.

Yeah, one new  one is a 190 buck old style grip machine.   :crazy

And, straps for strap holds. Go to Home Depot guys.

I'll wait for a review of Brookfields new book.  It might be a re-hash of his monthly grip tips (which aren't too useful for me personally).

Yeah I thought I would step up to the plate and

get Brookfields' book. Just hope it is not a "DUD".

But what the hey.... Maybe it will have some

innovative grip material to post on the board here.

You know, kinda of give a "fresh coat of paint" to

the place :D

By the way Wannagrip, with your innovative ideas

on gripper techniques, you yourself oughta script

something! :) (being serious with this statement too).

The new Ironmind grip machine seems to be for one inch hole plates rather than Olympic. It does not say it's capacity or what kind and size plates it will hold. These are important considerations when buying a grip machine.

I agree with your assessments OldGuy. Also

the length of the loading pin is relevent. If

the pin is say 8 inches, you will not be able

to go very heavy. But if the pin is 12 -14in.,

one can get quite heavy.

Ironmind should have given the dimensions.

I would call Ironmind and ask before I would

buy.

You can go to Weightlifters Warehouse and get basically the same grip machine for less than half the cost.

As far as those straphold devices go, go to a local sporting goods store and pick up a pair of lifting straps for $5.  They work fantastic. :)

Go to a place like Home Depot and go to their "rope" section. I bought one of those trailer strap thingys and cut it up. Burn the ends with a lighter.  Gives you a lot of strap for replacement straps as well.

Strossen should have consulted with those that have applied the strap hold concept with much success. Most would have likely told him that 1/8 is too thick.

This board represents most of, if not all of the grip community. This means that very many of Ironmind's customers are found right here, and also that business is generated for Strossen by the publicity for his products made possible by the existence of the Gripboard. As far as I know, even though he must be aware of this place he has chosen for some reason to ignore it. This is kind of selfish as is his poor relationship with PDA.

''You can go to Weightlifters Warehouse and get basically the same grip machine for less than half the cost''.

Most of Ironmind's grip tools can be found at Weightlifters Wharehouse for quite a bit less cost. They are the same articles. No doubt from the same manufacturer. The new grip machine is also most likely made by the same people as make Weightlifters Wharehouse's machine. It certainly looks identical.

IMHO they would better sell new types of nails to close the gap between green/yellow, yellow/blue and above all blue/red...Or even an adjustable pinch block (with knurling if need be)...or maybe a loadable blob...

They would better do that instead of turning old stuffs into new ones  ???