Brute's Log

THE BRUTE

here's what i bent so far...i'm goin to keep a log of what my bending...

10-30-08

----------

6- 60D nails

2- Grade 5 bolts 6" x 1/4"

then i went back and did some volume with 60D nails...probably went thru 12 more of those nails

11-26-08

-----------

2- 60D nails

1- Grade 5 bolts 6" x 1/4"

1- 5" CRS

1- 7" CRS

2- Grade 5 bolts 6" x 1/4"

1- Grade 5 bolts 5" x 1/4"

12-03-08

-----------

16- 60D nails (this batch was harder than a grade 5)

***just started bending not too long ago and its my first few months. i started with bending only a 60-penny to moving up to doing 32 of them later and bending my first grade 5. i have some tendonitis on my right hand at the moment that is more annoying than anything and i did a lot of these bends primarily using the DU style which in order for my hand to heal, i would need to switch to a slim style DO which i managed to bent 2 of the 16 60p nails that way to my surprise and not to mention they were the same strength as a grade 5(this last batch however). so my next session will be me using the DO style doing 6inch by square inch square and 6inch grade 8. i plan on doin some more vids down the road to for some help in making my bending a lot smoother since right now i'm using more strength and less technique...lol

TB

Edited by THE BRUTE

Good bending man! Welcome to the addiction. You'll go very far if you stick with it and dial in your DO form and modified DU.

Good bending man! Welcome to the addiction. You'll go very far if you stick with it and dial in your DO form and modified DU.

He will be hitting some huge bends very soon. He has some major flexibility issues that he is working on at the moment that are holding back his DO bending. Actually we both have the same problem, just can't get the bar up into a decent leverage position. Our DO bends end up being slim style every time.

i believe so...my main issue though is the head shit...it takes me a minute to pull my head out of my ass before i start bending and once i do, i do it...but next bending session i won't be thinkin at all...just bending whatever jon gives me...

TB

He will be hitting some huge bends very soon. He has some major flexibility issues that he is working on at the moment that are holding back his DO bending. Actually we both have the same problem, just can't get the bar up into a decent leverage position. Our DO bends end up being slim style every time.

true..i hit 2 of those bends easy slim style...lol!!

TB

"POSTED FOR THE BRUTE"

12/09/2008

2 - Grade 5 Bolts 5.5" x 1/4"

ISOs - 7" x 1/4" FBBC Square

Tonight was about working on improving my flexibility with DO style. Right now I am still basically in a DO Slim style when I go to bend. I am having the same flexibility issues that my training partner Jon has had. But weeks of active stretching have really helped him, so I am going to be doing the same. The Grade 5s were no problem. Then Jon had me work on a 7" x 1/4" fbbc square piece basically just doing ISOs. I was working on keeping the bar up high and hitting the bar for at least 5 seconds each hit. well the end result was a nicely kinked bar that should serve me well as an ISO bar for another couple sessions. My goal is to complete that bar over the next 2 sessions, then finish a new square piece in the session after.

Edited by JDarty6173

12/10/2008

3 - 7" x 1/4" FBBC Round

Did a little bending tonight with Jon (JDarty6173). My only focus was to work on flexibility, primarily with the longer 7"stuff. This turned out to be my most productive bending session yet as far as learning how to actually bend properly. Once my form comes together some more and flexibility improves then I can start hitting some big steel.

Damn Curt,

Your every where bro...LOL....

Nice work so far..I hate 7" stuff, seems almost impossible some days....Us bigger fellers have the most trouble...That whole flexability deal....

Keep killing it bro, soon enough you will be bending them 60's with your teeth.....

-BigB from PR...

Damn Curt,

Your every where bro...LOL....

Nice work so far..I hate 7" stuff, seems almost impossible some days....Us bigger fellers have the most trouble...That whole flexability deal....

Keep killing it bro, soon enough you will be bending them 60's with your teeth.....

-BigB from PR...

hahaha...what's up bigb? figure you might be here...yea...i've mentioned my bending on my log on PR...i love it and cannot wait to get my hands on the 7" FBBC square...it doesn't stand a chance this time...

TB

• 3 weeks later...

12/14/2008

7"x1/4" square

6" grade 8

12/18/2008

7" IRONMIND RED NAIL

12/28/2008

7" Bastard

01/01/2008

3 - 5" x 1/4" fbbc Round

3 - 60D reverse Grip

1 - ISO with a 6" Edgin at 2"

1- ISO with a 6" grade 8

**as you can see i've been making slow progress lately if i can place my head out of my ass long enough to accomplish it. tonite's session i didn't think was productive but jon believes it was so that's enough for me. i worked on some 5" FBBC rounds and worked the crush then did 3 60D reverse grip for the first time and did a ISO crush with the 6" edgin and then a grade 8. then i attemped a 7" x 5/16" Fastenal 304 Stainless but couldn't finish it...i got it to my weakest point which was the sweep and couldn't break it past that point. i was exhausted at this point so it sucked ass. the kink and the crush are ok its the sweep that i have problems with lately and can never get to a good place where i can put some power into it. the current sweep has me driving my left hand into my right as its open but i feel like i have no power there and its all muscle, no tech. any ideas on this would be awesome. if not, i'll just keep trying to bend...i'll figure it out at some point...

TB

Edited by THE BRUTE