Power Clean On 3" Bar

BigJan85

Yesterday I was doing some different lifts with a 3" bar and decided to do some power cleans. Eventually I put up 155 and it was pretty dang hard I must admit. The thing is, I have no frame of reference to know if this is a good lift or not. Anybody know anything about it? Thanks

Yesterday I was doing some different lifts with a 3" bar and decided to do some power cleans. Eventually I put up 155 and it was pretty dang hard I must admit. The thing is, I have no frame of reference to know if this is a good lift or not. Anybody know anything about it? Thanks

A 155 clean on a 3" bar is good. many would be unable to deadlift it DO. Use caution with it, dont overstrain your thumb

Adam is right be careful with the thumb. The 3" size can push it a little to much.

Alright, thanks guys. So would you recommend not doing this lift at all anymore or just using it sparingly?

Alright, thanks guys. So would you recommend not doing this lift at all anymore or just using it sparingly?

Sparingly :)

It's a good lift just listen to your hands. I have used a 3" bar and wrist roller and that's what I ran into. They all have a place in training.

I could call north of 200 world class. Maybe 220 or so would be world class. Big hands though. I would guess.

well it looks like i got my work cut out for me then eh? I could maybe pull 165 if i was fresh so ill keep workin on it and listen to my hands like you guys said.

I tried 100 pounds on a 3 1/2 inch thickbar at the gym once. Cleaned it and half-way through the movement it FLEW out of my hands and landed 10 feet in front of me. Good thing I didn't knock-out any gym patrons during my stupidity :blush

I tried 100 pounds on a 3 1/2 inch thickbar at the gym once. Cleaned it and half-way through the movement it FLEW out of my hands and landed 10 feet in front of me. Good thing I didn't knock-out any gym patrons during my stupidity :blush

haha yeahh I was kinda worried about that happening but luckily at my gym there is a little sectioned off area for deadlift and all that so there was no real danger of it hurting anyone.

• 2 weeks later...
I could call north of 200 world class. Maybe 220 or so would be world class. Big hands though. I would guess.

how much can you do???