Video Of Training Day And Cryotherapy Sessions

kinselbj

Hi guys,

I am an Olympic weightlifter and have been training for the last six months. Yesterday I went to a facility in Wexford, Ireland to train three sessions and have three cryotherapy sessions also. This is an excerpt from the website of the place I used. It explains the process of cryotherapy so much better than I can:

Whole Body Cryotherapy is the stimulating use of extremely low temperatures below minus 110 degrees Celsius. The chamber works by cooling the entire skin surface of the body in order to develop defensive reflexes and reactions such as stimulation of blood circulation, endocrine system, the immune system and the central nervous system. Such stimulation makes the therapy beneficial to a range of conditions.

The therapy stimulates the temperature receptors in the skin to communicate with the brain. The brain then transmits messages throughout the body causing the peripheral blood vessels to constrict redirecting the blood to the core of the body to conserve heat. Once the treatment is over the same blood is pumped vigorously back around the body. The enhanced blood supply that Whole Body Cryotherapy stimulates increases the oxygen and nutrient supply to areas that need revitalizing.

The extreme cold also stimulates the body's hormone system to secrete enhanced levels of endorphins and adrenaline. The immune system is enhanced by increased production of lymphocytes. Better communication between the Central Nervous System and the muscle groups is stimulated by Whole Body Cryotherapy.

Anyway, here is a video of some of our lifts. If you want to see the basic template of our sessions check it out in my training log. Otherwise I hope you enjoy the video. I think many of you will be interested in the process. I did 3 full sessions and have no muscle soreness the day after and was able to get a pb squat at the end of our third session of the day after going to max on the Snatch and Clean and Jerk:

http://vimeo.com/2334425

As you might guess I am the Barry in the video and am the taller brown haired guy.

Nice O lifting! I like to do it but am not that great and my form sucks. It's tons of fun thoe. If you tape more workouts post them for sure.

Hey,

The cryo therapy was interesting. I'd not heard of it before. Where did you learn your oly lifts, if you don't mind my asking?

I joined the only Olympic weightlifting club in Dublin six months ago and a week pr so before I arrived I got my snatch up 90kg and my clean up to 105. Then I had to completely unlearn the way I lifted before and start from scratch. It really is fun and I cannot recommend it enough. Weightlifting develops your speed, flexibility, footwork, strength, power and your testicular fortitude also.

Excellent stuff - keep us up to date please!

Thank you for the support gentlemen. I have a competition next Sunday where I will Snatch 108 and Clean and Jerk 138. Hopefully I can make a video of some of the lifts and post it. Otherwise, I will definitely make videos of our next training weekends. Cheers and good luck in your own training.

very impressed! awesome workout! how can you not be sore from that?! :blink have to look into making mini cryo chambers for my elbows down :laugh

• 2 weeks later...
very impressed! awesome workout! how can you not be sore from that?! :blink have to look into making mini cryo chambers for my elbows down :laugh

.... to make little chambers is easier than build a room like that

if kinselbj tell us how its work... i can start to think about that

for the Elbow I Don't know... but for the hands & Wrists it could works very well...

:D

Great Speed!