3/4 Get Up With 175lbs

AdamTGlass

I deadlifted a lot tonight-then decided to fire up some BB get ups. Everything was pretty smooth--stacked up to 175 with the right side.

the whole rep is looking good until its time to stand up, right leg felt froze to the ground. Next time i will shoot this before i pull. One a really good day i am one point for one or two reps in the 185-190 range. Today I felt more smashed down and beat up.

video is on the blog, have a nice day

Nasty workout Adam, you just did a bunch of things individually that only a handful of people can do. Together, I don't know if anyone else could do them in the same day. Don't feel bad about that getup, you had the hard part all wrapped up, you are definitely good for 200 on that before too long for sure.

QUICK edgin too, and very pretty chain break as well. Has anyone ever calibrated any chain? I am curious how much weight you would need to hang off that to break it.

Oh and the suitcases were nuts too, those rock. That and the bent press and side press movements have to be the most underrated ab and back lifts ever. And you are about the only person I see doing them with any real amount of weight.

Nasty workout Adam, you just did a bunch of things individually that only a handful of people can do. Together, I don't know if anyone else could do them in the same day. Don't feel bad about that getup, you had the hard part all wrapped up, you are definitely good for 200 on that before too long for sure.

QUICK edgin too, and very pretty chain break as well. Has anyone ever calibrated any chain? I am curious how much weight you would need to hang off that to break it.

Oh and the suitcases were nuts too, those rock. That and the bent press and side press movements have to be the most underrated ab and back lifts ever. And you are about the only person I see doing them with any real amount of weight.

Thank you my friend

The get ups with the BB are hit and miss above 160 right now. The difference between a good day and bad day is 40lbs. I will get a nice clean 185 up on camera this weekend for kicks.

I was suprised about the edgin. I have not messed with big DO bends for sometime, but this felt good.

my suit case lifts get better all the time. my working weight is usually 250 working to 275, some days i am good for 300+ with the right hand. Great lift and it has a lot of power carry over for other movements.

300 suitcase barbell deadlift? That's cool. I assume you use a hook grip for this weight?

Never assume anything. I use an overhand grip.

Edited by SSGGLASS

300 suitcase barbell deadlift? That's cool. I assume you use a hook grip for this weight?

Impressive.

Impressive.

Matt

really i do not think much of it. Steve's one handed DLs are what impresses me. I think most strong griped men could get a 275+ suit case lift with some dedication to the lift.

It would help a lot of you out with your back pain, the lift strengthens the deep muscles in the hip and lower back. break in slowly and use intelligence as you progress-i find it really helps with the strength breaking the weight off the floor with the DL.

Impressive.

Matt

really i do not think much of it. Steve's one handed DLs are what impresses me. I think most strong griped men could get a 275+ suit case lift with some dedication to the lift.

It would help a lot of you out with your back pain, the lift strengthens the deep muscles in the hip and lower back. break in slowly and use intelligence as you progress-i find it really helps with the strength breaking the weight off the floor with the DL.

Yeah first time I pulled a one handed DL I hit 285 I think. You know, I've always been a big proponent of heavy weighted side bends, but I might start including these again. We'll see, man.