525 Double Overhand Axle Deadlift (2")

John Dennis

I haven't done this since 500lbs, and a torn pec. I wanted to see how things would hold up, and it was raining in Pittsburgh so we couldn't do farmer's walk. The laugh was something that just came out, I failed at my first attempt and was pretty excited to get this lift and have the pec feel really good. I will also post it in my training journal. I had some people question me last time about the weight and what it looked like and lighting so I tried my best make it as clear as possible. It is a 55lb 2" axle with 5 45's on each side and a 10. The larger plate at the beginning of the stack is a bumper plate, and the smaller plate in there is a Gold's Gym 45 lb plate (bought at Wal-Mart).

No way!!!! you need to post this in the gripboard forum - thats absolutely amazing!

That's impressive :blink

Edited by The Writer

thats a great lift, what are your other, grip related, numbers

I haven't done alot of grip related things, like I mentioned before I do alot of strongman training. Grip related things are 400lbs farmers walk (hook grip) 57 feet, I believe a 210lb rolling thunder, 630lb overhand deadlift (hook grip), 525 overhand 2" axle (slight hook grip)

No way!!!! you need to post this in the gripboard forum - thats absolutely amazing!

Paul,

I can't PM you can you give me the date and time of that grip competition, I think it sounds like something cool to do!

Bro,

With some technique work, I am sure you will do great in Grip contests!

Any time you are in my neck of the woods, please let me know! I'd be glad to show you some stuff.

-Jedd-