One Legged Deadlift

Tunafish

I know there are some very strong guys on here. I am not overly strong in conventional deadlift 445lb a while back . I may be around 500lb or so now.

I managed to do a 220lb deadlift on one leg with an olympic bar, as part of my rehab . I was quite pleased. I know some coaches at t-nation use this exercise a lot but their athletes use quite small weights even the strong ones.

The dragondoor lot do them a bit too I think

I was wondering what the '1 percenters ' can do in this exercise?

I saw a local guy do a 315lb one leg deadlift a few years back. It was around bodyweight and he was built to lift. It was part of his warmup for his other lifting (which I unfortunately did not get to watch) so he just did a single with 225, then 275, then 315. First left leg and then the right. I asked him how much he had done for a max and he said he'd never tested a true max-but that he had done 425 a few years earlier.

That is amazing . What do you think he could actually deadlift two hands? I am about 200lb (a fat 200lb though I could easily be 170 or a bit less even,). Should for example a 400lb deadlifter be able to lift a certain weight on one leg .

I have never heard of anyone doing them heavy . They can be quite tough on the hip flexors when it gets heavy.

I don't know what he could deadlift since that was the only time I saw him. I've heard other lifters say somewhere in the 700s. Not sure if that's low or high 700s though.