How did you do this past year?

Clayton

Guest Jay Ansuini

I plan to close the #3 and get certified by year end.  I am going to try to close it for the 1st time tomorrow (1st time getting it closed, not trying to close it).  I'm pretty close, so hopefully I will have some big news tomorrow.  Other than that, I plan to work on ending my injury streak once and for all.... Clayton, you know what I'm talking about.

Jay

Robert,

I want to BP 500 pounds, DL 500 pounds and SQ 500 pounds.  This is my long-term goal.  Something very exciting happened to me today.  I started off my squats (after a very small warm-up) at my max squat, which is 235 pounds.  I was able to get three solid reps!!  This was after doing my BP routine.  I feel like I need to have enough to do the routine, and if I do too much or too long of a warm-up, I have nothing left to do the real heavy stuff!

Guest JoeQ1966

my goals are to close the coc 3,,pinch 2 -45s .I can close the 2 and right now pinch 2 35s with 5s on a dowel rod in the middle..im sure I will get the 45s but the 3 is going to be real tuff.I bench 350 now but I usually do more reps in the bench due to some shoulder pain.I am mostly just tying to maintain in my leg and chest routines.Im 37 and feeling good so my major strength challenges are in the grippers now.I still get gains in my arm and grip workouts so thats what im into now.

good luck to everyone in their goals

Joe

Wait.  Now I have a NEW goal....

To become..... The Strongest Man Who Ever Lived!!!!  :p  :p :hehe

Uh oh.... here comes the door.....      :0  :crazy  :p  :hehe

Guest T-Bear

I began training my grip week 47 year 2001. Week 6 this year I got my Supergripper and two Weeks ago I got MoHS and CoC T, #1 and #2. I can close #1 5 times each hand, pinch grip 50,6 Lbs each hand and Suportgrip with 2,5 inch handle 110 Lbs with my left hand. My goal is to get 50% stronger in my hands, so I can compete.

This past year was good in some aspects, but bad in others.  Of course-the year is far from over!

Grip wise, I started training in Jan. and so far I have closed the #2, a PDA 323, a PDA 378, a PDA 387, some of RiotGrip's stock (we gotta do it again soon man!!!) , and my #3.  

I have also pinched 2-35s

picked up 160 on my PDA farmers bar with 1 hand using the thick part, not the handle.  

Hoisted in the 700s with both farmers, using handles-

levered sledge hammers,

picked up 2-8 pound hammers in the double hammer squeeze

bent a 60-penny nail

I think that is it grip wise.  It has been a very productive half year so far-and I only see myself improving.  Also grip related:

I have met some really cool fellow grippers (COC#3 Greg D'Eramo, Mike Destroyer, Kaz) and been kicked off a forum by others.

Powerlifting wise, 2002 has been crappy.  I did the BFL program and dieted down to 185 from 240-this was good except it zapped some of my big lifts.  I have had to sit down and reorganize myself for the remainder of 2002.  My goals are to compete in the USAPL event in Williamsport Pa in November with my wife (148) and step son (220).  I want to stay in the 198 class and squat 600+, bench 400+, and pull 700+-totalling over 1700.  From there-who knows!

Rick Walker :hehe

Rick, I don't know if you've talked about this here already, but what is this BFL program.  What did you have to do to lose 50 pounds?  What does your non-grip routine look like?

Guest 103-1023791186

I had a nervous breakdown,due to being victimised and harrassed at work,by my employers over,health and safety issues i brought against the company.THis resulted in me

looseing my job and 2 stone in bodyweight,and almost going over the edge.

Thankfully i was able to get a grip,on my life and get back to some serious training..

I have now got a new zest for life,thanks to all the positive

things i have read on the gripboard.

I have just bought an inch bar,from pda,and also some sos grippers,sadly some blert at customs,helped himself,to one of

my grippers.

Anyway thanks again for all the inspiration off,of you guys and girls,and keep up the grip work.AWESOME!

Gazza.