A. Voevoda

pawel r

A real dumbell row with 400 pounds is impossible IMO.

I don't think so at all - and I think Voevoda is a lot stronger than this guy:

DB Row - 300 x 7

Those aren't real rows either. Very strong and I can appreciate him doing it for power or whatever but calling that a row is like calling the 90 degree curls AW's do real curls.

I can't tell whether there was sarcasm involved, but whether Vovoeda is "a lot stronger" than Kroc - that's a conversation starter if ever there was one.

I can't tell whether there was sarcasm involved, but whether Vovoeda is "a lot stronger" than Kroc - that's a conversation starter if ever there was one.

I was thinking the same thing. How can anyone be "A LOT STRONGER" than Kroc? Lol. Edit: I guess it depends on your definition of "a lot" though.

Edited by Arturo

I was thinking the same thing. How can anyone be "A LOT STRONGER" than Kroc? Lol. Edit: I guess it depends on your definition of "a lot" though.

and strengths

and strengths

jad: I agree but that's not the case here. I know what you mean, maybe Kroc is "overall strong" and in some armwrestling specific movements Alexey might very well be "a lot stronger" regardless of how you define "a lot". However, we're being very specific here: the Dumbell Row is the exercise in question and it seems to me this Kroc guy is plenty strong in this particular move, strong enough that it's hard to believe someone is "a lot stronger" than him in the Dumbell Row.

Edited by Arturo

and strengths

jad: I agree but that's not the case here. I know what you mean, maybe Kroc is "overall strong" and in some armwrestling specific movements Alexey might very well be "a lot stronger" regardless of how you define "a lot". However, we're being very specific here: the Dumbell Row is the exercise in question and it seems to me this Kroc guy is plenty strong in this particular move, strong enough that it's hard to believe someone is "a lot stronger" than him in the Dumbell Row.

Fair enough. Considering Chris Chandler has been reported to do db rows with 300, which were no doubt the half deadlift/half row thing that Kroc was doing, and Chris is not even in the same universe as Voevoda, I feel confident that Vovoeda is "A LOT "stronger than Kroc on this. Also consider the video of Vovoeda doing a OAP at a BW of 260-270#, imagine how that's going to translate into a loose one arm db row.

Here's a video of him doing tricep extensions with 120#x20

I haven't trained tris in about two months due to some RC tendonitis but back then I could consistently get 8 reps with the 120 or 125#(whatever the biggest one in our gym is) and I've hit 10 on more than one occasion. I'm a nobody so imagine what Vovoeda or someone known for their press like a Michael Todd, could do. Kroc is monsterously strong, especially considering he competes at 225# but he's really not in the same league as Vovoeda IMO.

I haven't trained tris in about two months due to some RC tendonitis but back then I could consistently get 8 reps with the 120 or 125#(whatever the biggest one in our gym is) and I've hit 10 on more than one occasion. I'm a nobody so imagine what Vovoeda or someone known for their press like a Michael Todd, could do. Kroc is monsterously strong, especially considering he competes at 225# but he's really not in the same league as Vovoeda IMO.

:blink

Vovoeda cant deadlift 800 pounds. Kroc can

and Kroc couldnt stand a chance with Vovoeda at the arm wrestling table.

they both are in their own leagues, and its not really fair to compare two different sports...

as far as the form goes for the db row..that looked real good as far as form.. im sure he didnt work up to rowing that much weight in that exercise or any other lift by doing super super slow reps, holding for an eight count at the top of the lift and lowering the weight at another 8 count.

I guarantee you, most of the old-time legendary athletes did not do the lifts they are known for in Perfect textbook form.

Yeah the rows weren't that bad, and maybe Voevoda can do 400, but it's hard to believe... and yeah Chris Chandler has been reported to be able to do 300 lbs there's no proof. All I know is on the Armtv road trip he was doing dumbbell rows for reps and then Gary Roberts couldn't even get the dumbbell Chris was using off the floor, but that means it was over like 100 and that's all...

they both are in their own leagues, and its not really fair to compare two different sports...

as far as the form goes for the db row..that looked real good as far as form.. im sure he didnt work up to rowing that much weight in that exercise or any other lift by doing super super slow reps, holding for an eight count at the top of the lift and lowering the weight at another 8 count.

I guarantee you, most of the old-time legendary athletes did not do the lifts they are known for in Perfect textbook form.

:blink Ummm...no. He's barely even bent over at the completion of the movement and if you watch the distance his elbow travels or lackthereof it's pretty obvious he's deadlifting it more than rowing it. Again, I can appreciate the fact that he's training for power but you have to call it what it is and that is not good form. If his form is so good I'd like to see him do one rep with that db on a supported bent over T-bar row apparatus while keeping his chest on the pad and making the db touch the pad/support bar.

I bet Vovoeda could DL 800 shortly if he decided to pursue it. He decided to try bobsledding and was part of the silver medal team. He's not the martini glass build typical of most armwrestlers.

Edited by jad

I agree with Josh here. By the way, I've read his deadlift max was 350kg.

Yeah Chris has awsome genetics and awsome physical power !!! As he entered first time the gym for lifting weights as an 14 years old boy he benched 100kg !

Also he is an 2 time world champion power lifter.

1. IMO those are not very good bent over rows.

2. I have known Chris for about 7 years. He has great genetics. He has always been super strong. I believe he is NOT on roids. I have seen video of Chris 300 bent over rows. There not very good either.

3. Vevoeda is a great athlete and could probable excel at anything he put his mind too.

To the whole good quality bent over rows and high numbers. I would bet no one on earth could do a full range, full bent over row with 300 pounds.

I once met a guy who said he could bench 400. I finally saw it. His back was crazy arched off the bench. When he actully did a legal bench. He drop to 315. Proper Technique will drastically change the numbers.

Anybody that has a row named after them is probably a pretty good rower ;)

:blink Ummm...no. He's barely even bent over at the completion of the movement and if you watch the distance his elbow travels or lackthereof it's pretty obvious he's deadlifting it more than rowing it. Again, I can appreciate the fact that he's training for power but you have to call it what it is and that is not good form. If his form is so good I'd like to see him do one rep with that db on a supported bent over T-bar row apparatus while keeping his chest on the pad and making the db touch the pad/support bar.

I bet Vovoeda could DL 800 shortly if he decided to pursue it. He decided to try bobsledding and was part of the silver medal team. He's not the martini glass build typical of most armwrestlers.

omg, why does veryone think because voevoda pawned in arm wrestling think hes gonna pawn in everything else. he was the strongest arm wrestler ever, thats it. next youl tell me hes capable of flying like superman?

just cause he was good at arm wrestling doesnt mean he can auto do a 800 lb deadlift, 400lb rows, and 70000000 bench press. get a grip. he might b completey useless at some things.

omg, why does veryone think because voevoda pawned in arm wrestling think hes gonna pawn in everything else. he was the strongest arm wrestler ever, thats it. next youl tell me hes capable of flying like superman?

just cause he was good at arm wrestling doesnt mean he can auto do a 800 lb deadlift, 400lb rows, and 70000000 bench press. get a grip. he might b completey useless at some things.

Gee, I don't know.... He can do OAP at 260+, I don't think it would be a stretch to think he could do 400lb rows in the style shown on the Kroc vid. Considering he decided to try bobsledding and ended up making the silver medal team, I think it's fair to say he's good at more than just AW

There is an old saying I hear a lot in this game... "Strength is strength." Guys like Nick Winters, Mark Henry, Brian Shaw, Kaz, etc are just plain strong. Whatever they do in strength sport, they will accel at. Mark Henry didn't even train a year to win the Arnold in 2002 and squatted 959 in a belt and wraps twice due to judging error. 1000+ suitless was his that day. Guess what? Henry is also incredible at grip and, though thick and wide, his hands are not monstrous. Winters is after the raw bench record and reports are that he's doing 700+ regularly on strong days. After a few months training the deadlift specifically, he hit 855 raw. Shaw tries some grip stuff at a friends house and manages to do a feat requiring crazy strength and people tell him he's good. So he goes into grip a tad more and does things that have previously been done by only 1 or 2 people. Kaz is just Kaz.

Strong is strong. Voevoda is just plain strong. I'm sure that if he really focused on PLing as he does/did AW, he'd be a world class competitor in his weightclass. That means 800+ pulls.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

The STRONGEST Arm Wrestler ever would be a toss up between Voevoda

and Lupkes. Interesting note though, Brzenk told me last year at Europa when

asked this question that it was either Voevoda or Scott Norton in his opinion.