A. Voevoda

pawel r

armwrestling

bob-sleighs

judo

what it will be next ?

Pavel, on armpower.net are some news about Alexey and Judo, but I don't understand polish. Could you help?

Pavel, on armpower.net are some news about Alexey and Judo, but I don't understand polish. Could you help?

Florian, does this help? <click here for fully translated page>

Bekannt, es sei denn, alle armwrestler, olympischen (Bob) - Alexey Voevoda aus Russland wieder einmal überraschend der Welt. Tym razem zmienia dyscyplinę sportu, w której zdobył medal olimpijski (Turyn 2006) na …? Dieses Mal, verändern die Disziplin des Sports, in dem er gewann Olympia-Medaille (Turin 2006) zu ...? – UWAGA! - ACHTUNG! JUDO! Taka zmiana wymagała u Voevody obcięcia włosów na krótko oraz zrzucenia wagi. Eine solche Änderung erforderlich Voevody Haar kurz geschnitten und Entsorgung Gewicht. Na dzień dzisiejszy Alexey waży ok. 105 kg, co dało jemu możliwość poruszać się na macie z niesamowitą szybkością. Derzeit, Alexey wiegt über 105 kg, was ihm die Gelegenheit, um Sie mit erstaunlichen Geschwindigkeit. Plany rosyjskiego zawodnika są ambitne: Russisch-Player die Pläne sind ehrgeizig:

„Podobnie jak dwa lata temu w Turynie, tak iw kolejnej olimpiadzie do kraju przywiozę medal olimpijski. "Genau wie vor zwei Jahren in Turin und in den nächsten Olympischen Spiele in das Land przywiozę Olympische Medaille. Bobsleje to już przeszłość. Bob ist bereits Vergangenheit. Już nie będę uprawiał tej dyscypliny sportu. Ich werde nicht mehr praktiziert die Disziplin des Sports. Teraz tylko i wyłącznie interesuje mnie judo.” – powiedział nam Alexey Voevoda w rozmowie telefonicznej. Jetzt nur Interesse an Judo. "- Sagte Alexey Voevoda uns in einem Telefongespräch.

Ciekawe jaką dyscypliną sportu zajmie się trzydziestodwuletni Alexey (tyle wtedy będzie miał lat) po Olimpiadzie w Londynie (Anglia). Ich frage mich, was Sport wird trzydziestodwuletni Alexey (so haben Sie Jahre) nach den Olympischen Spielen in London (England).

Skomentuj artykuł na: http://www.sfd.pl/ w dziale armwrestlingu. Kommentar zum Beitrag: http://www.sfd.pl/ in der Abteilung armwrestlingu.

Edited by odin

Thanks, Bob!

Bob already translated ;)

• 6 months later...

http://www.armpower.net/index.php?page=new...een&id=1417

"On November the 18th Alexey Voevoda together with the Russian national team had visited a German town of Winterberg. During this time Alexey hasn't been in the preparation period to another stage of the Bobsleigh World Cup but he was glad to tell us about his current form. As Alexey said: a couple days earlier he did a standing start 60m run in 6.40 sec. The World record on this distance is 6.39, set by Maurice Green on the 3rd February 1998. Alexey said that at this moment his form is on a high level. If the big Russian remains in such form we can be sure that we will see him on the highest step of the podium during the Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada in 2010.

After such a performance in running, many journalists have wondered why he doesn't start competing in athletics. Alexey himself prefers bobsleighs and of course armwrestling. We hope that one day Alexey will come back to armwrestling."

What on earth!? I would have never guessed he was such a fast sprinter. At what weight did he do that? Sounds almost incredible. I wonder what his 100m time is.

Not knocking Voevoda but, that wasn't an official time at a meet I'm guessing and I'd have to see that to believe it wasn't exaggerated. If Voevoda is that close to breaking the WORLD RECORD for the 60M spring and he doesn't even train for track and field, he needs to drop a few pounds, start training for it, and smash the record. Who knows, maybe he could if he trained for it but I don't buy that time. It'd be like if someone training for strongman or something came up and gave John Brzenk a war or Devon Larratt.

http://www.armpower.net/index.php?page=new...een&id=1417

"On November the 18th Alexey Voevoda together with the Russian national team had visited a German town of Winterberg. During this time Alexey hasn't been in the preparation period to another stage of the Bobsleigh World Cup but he was glad to tell us about his current form. As Alexey said: a couple days earlier he did a standing start 60m run in 6.40 sec. The World record on this distance is 6.39, set by Maurice Green on the 3rd February 1998. Alexey said that at this moment his form is on a high level. If the big Russian remains in such form we can be sure that we will see him on the highest step of the podium during the Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada in 2010.

After such a performance in running, many journalists have wondered why he doesn't start competing in athletics. Alexey himself prefers bobsleighs and of course armwrestling. We hope that one day Alexey will come back to armwrestling."

I have no idea on the training bob sleighers do but HIGHLY doubt that. :dry

a couple days earlier he did a standing start 60m run in 6.40 sec. The World record on this distance is 6.39, set by Maurice Green on the 3rd February 1998
No disrespect to Alexey as he is one of my favorite arm wrestlers of all time - along with Richard Lupkes, John Brzenk and Devon Larratt. Indeed, Alexey is one of the most amazing athletes on the planet who does not have a seven or eight figure income.

That being said, I think the claim on him being within 1/100 of a second of the world record is either a gross mistranslation or complete nonsense. If there was a trace of truth to this, someone would post a YouTube clip and he would have NFL recruiters all over him.

We have all heard of Alexey's 209-pound concentration curl - but where is the evidence of this? In the modern age of cheap, web-friendly cameras, why no on-line clips of this? :(

I also get tired of hearing how Alexey is the "greatest arm wrestler of all time" when he won one [!!!] really tough, world-class level competition - and then quietly retired. I am convinced that John, Devon, and Richard at their best would beat him.

Also, who else but John could stay on top of the sport for 25 years, pull six different weight classes in tournament after tournament and win them all 90% of the time - and despite all that wear and tear on the arms, remain the number two ranked puller overall?

In summary, Voevoda:

· A legendary puller, but nowhere near “the best of all time”; if came out of retirement, probably could not touch Devon or Richard in their current shapes

· The 209-pound concentration curl – doubtful, until we see the actual video evidence

· 60m run in 6.40 sec = a total fabrication

Edited by G-Man

a couple days earlier he did a standing start 60m run in 6.40 sec. The World record on this distance is 6.39, set by Maurice Green on the 3rd February 1998
No disrespect to Alexey as he is one of my favorite arm wrestlers of all time - along with Richard Lupkes, John Brzenk and Devon Larratt. Indeed, Alexey is one of the most amazing athletes on the planet who does not have a seven or eight figure income.

That being said, I think the claim on him being within 1/100 of a second of the world record is either a gross mistranslation or complete nonsense. If there was a trace of truth to this, someone would post a YouTube clip and he would have NFL recruiters all over him.

We have all heard of Alexey's 209-pound concentration curl - but where is the evidence of this? In the modern age of cheap, web-friendly cameras, why no on-line clips of this? :(

I also get tired of hearing how Alexey is the "greatest arm wrestler of all time" when he won one [!!!] really tough, world-class level competition - and then quietly retired. I am convinced that John, Devon, and Richard at their best would beat him.

Also, who else but John could stay on top of the sport for 25 years, pull six different weight classes in tournament after tournament and win them all 90% of the time - and despite all that wear and tear on the arms, remain the number two ranked puller overall?

In summary, Voevoda:

· A legendary puller, but nowhere near “the best of all time”; if came out of retirement, probably could not touch Devon or Richard in their current shapes

· The 209-pound concentration curl – doubtful, until we see the actual video evidence

· 60m run in 6.40 sec = a total fabrication

As cool as it'd be for this to be true, I agree with G-Man here.

Sprint training and speed are as essential for bobsleight as wristcurls and wrist strength are for armwrestling.

Edited by Florian Kellersmann

i just couldnt see a 100 kg man running that distance in that time :s

209 curl is what 95kg? seems reasonable. i know that igor dude has said he saw alexey hold 165kg, which i def dont believe. but anyway, like you said, wheres the proof.

I also heard Chris Chandler say that Voevoda can do one arm dumbbell rows with 400 lbs. dumbbells. Is that true?

Floria, sure speed is necessary for bobsledding but to be that close to beating someone who trains their entire life running? No way. Think about it. Grip strength is essential in armwrestling. But does that mean the best armwrestlers can beat the best gripper competitors at closing hand grippers? Doubtful.

Nowhere near? So you don't think he's anywhere near John at his prime? Maybe you're right, but personally I'd be surprised if anybody could beat Voevoda without at least a decent struggle. I also wouldn't be so fast to put the current Richard Lupkes up with Devon and a training Alexey just based on his performance against Nick Zinna. Honestly, let him face a top guy (Brzenk, Bagent, Bath) before putting him on that level. Maybe he is up with Larratt... but maybe Ron Bath can beat him.

I also heard Chris Chandler say that Voevoda can do one arm dumbbell rows with 400 lbs. dumbbells. Is that true?

I don't know Chandler's source for that information, but a one armed dumbbell row with that kind of weight is quite possible - the key is in how tight you wrap the straps.

Nowhere near? So you don't think he's anywhere near John at his prime?

Voevoda at his best would be a damned good match for John Brzenk at his best. Voevoda's domination of one major tourney, however, is nowhere near what Brzenk did for 25-years.

Compare the recent Richard Lupkes vs Nick Zinna with the Alexey Voevoda vs Michael Todd. Assuming Todd and Zinna are about as strong as each other in those clips (I think this is a safe assumption), who looks stronger - Lupkes or Voevoda? I'd say Lupkes does.

Edited by G-Man

Alexey is essentially famous because of his one tournament win, and primarily because of his one win against Brzenk. Regardless of how good he may have been, winning one tournament with one win against brzenk does not qualify him as the greatest ever. Anything added on to his win such as comparing him to other armwrestlers "at their prime" is pretty pointless because it never happened. Just leave it at him being a good armwrestler in his time, because unless he comes back then anything else is just speculation.

he was the greatest in 2004. and its not like he only pulled in 2004, hes pulled all his life. but now, he wants other things ;)

I also heard from crazy standing long jump numbers by Alexey Voevoda, that would be world records. Maybe somneone heard/read this too. Pavel?

oh i read this from one website

2010 - plans to race in F1 and win the championship in his first season

2011 - plans to defend f1 crown and start training for NASA

2012 - will win every single event in the olympics

2013 - he's not decided yet

I also heard from crazy standing long jump numbers by Alexey Voevoda, that would be world records. Maybe somneone heard/read this too. Pavel?

I'm not heard this

I don't know Chandler's source for that information, but a one armed dumbbell row with that kind of weight is quite possible - the key is in how tight you wrap the straps.

The source is Michael Todd who had a supermatch with Alexey. Chandler trained a lot with Todd, so that's the path. A real dumbell row with 400 pounds is impossible IMO.

Compare the recent Richard Lupkes vs Nick Zinna with the Alexey Voevoda vs Michael Todd. Assuming Todd and Zinna are about as strong as each other in those clips (I think this is a safe assumption), who looks stronger - Lupkes or Voevoda? I'd say Lupkes does.

Styles make match-ups though. I'd place Michael above Nick in a supermatch format. I would say Rich over Voevoda if Rich can keep his hand, but if Alexey is able to take Rich's hand then I'd give him the advantage. Also who has more endurance between Rich and Alexey? It would probably be a good match, but who knows. I'm also guessing Rich and Andrey Pushkar would be fairly even (Engin said that's a match everyone would like to see, and they would have pulled at Worlds last year had Rich not gotten injured) so maybe it would go similar to how the Alexey vs. Andrey match went (I'm assuming you've seen that one on youtube).

The source is Michael Todd who had a supermatch with Alexey. Chandler trained a lot with Todd, so that's the path. A real dumbell row with 400 pounds is impossible IMO.

Hey thanks for letting me know the source! I had wondered that. I don't know if it's possible, but, if it were wouldn't that be a world record? I would imagine so.

• 3 weeks later...
A real dumbell row with 400 pounds is impossible IMO.

I don't think so at all - and I think Voevoda is a lot stronger than this guy:

DB Row - 300 x 7