#3 lost vs me

Patrik_F

Patrick,

Nice job on the #3!  I went through about three rolls of film before I got that "magic moment" that I was looking for!  Try a place with low lighting and then take the shot.  The flash should be at least three feet away, with the lens focused right up on the hand and the gripper.

Patrik,

Good job on the #3 close.  Some other tips on getting a picture:

-Try going outside when it's sunny and using no flash.

-If you have a zoom on the camera have the photographer zoom all the in and step back farther so that the flash doesn't overpower the hand/gripper.

-Use a neutral background.  In photography terms that would be gray, but try to use something with the same light reflectivity as your hand.  The reason why this is important is that most modern cameras will average the whole scene.  If the background is white, then the camera thinks its bright and shuts down the flash too quick.  If the background is black, the camera thinks it's too dark and overexposes the hand.  Gray, or medium blues and browns seem to be the best backgrounds.