Rotn 2008 Rob Vigeant Rules

mightyjoe

I think Chris is too bulked up to be in the 198's. He's a ball of muscle, but it's not all useful for armwrestling and just puts him in a higher weight class. Rob, Rakers, and Selearis all have huge hands, not sure about Johnson and Silvers. Other than Fisher, I can't think of too many others that would be around his old weight, that have a huge hand.

I think Chris is too bulked up to be in the 198's. He's a ball of muscle, but it's not all useful for armwrestling and just puts him in a higher weight class. Rob, Rakers, and Selearis all have huge hands, not sure about Johnson and Silvers. Other than Fisher, I can't think of too many others that would be around his old weight, that have a huge hand.

It's Allen Fisher's hands

point is that he wants to throw stones about how overrated anyone is, when in my opinion he is the MOST overrated guy out there.

He has a legion of fans and whenever the topic of TOP 198 is out there he always gets a mention..............how?

who did he beat ? the losses I mentioned were all pretty recent and at his new weight................which by the way he is not "TOO BIG" for 198. He was piping off at nationals that he "has NO weaknesses" , "has toooo many national titles", "might as well pull 220 as well since the 198 was gonna be soooooo easy and nobody good was in that class", and ..................this is a good one.........."you are ducking me"........what happens?................he got chumped by B. Rakers twice..........hmmmmmm......no weaknesses, ........same story at the arnold. Chris is good, and strong, and can ruin many a pullers day in the right spot, but until I see him beat a quality puller he remains GOOD, and not among the best in my book. If he was in ROTN he would not have made top 4.....there were no easy roads, and he would have had to go through a superior puller at some point....................doubtful.until there is some validity in how STRONG he is, find someone else to try to glorify with a better history at this weight.

PS....saying that Silvers beating him was a year ago, and chris is bigger now, and blah,blah,blah.........................means nothing.

Chad is heavier now too and would DESTROY him............just like he ALWAYS has since the dawn of Chris' career.................they have NEVER, no matter what weight, what circumstance, what style............had remotely even a good match..........it has always been very quick. Silvers and chris are on a different playing field.

monkeypaws: your arguments are 100% valid and I would myself agree that the only 198# right handed USA puller that could give you fits right now would be John B. if he diets and dehydrates a little bit to make weight. However, even if you've beaten everyone who has beaten Chandler, since you haven't pulled him (that I remember), I guess his "fan club" will keep on talkin' about how inhumanly strong he is, his 300# one arm dumbell rows and crap, and he's "too strong" and all that crap. I guess you'll have to eventually pull him, heh.

AND.... I must say I would like to see you pull an in shape James Smith. I've seen videos of him beating you (yes, I know what you're gonna say, you were a newbie to armwrestling just a couple of years ago). But I've also seen videos of Smith owning heavier people like Jim Bryan.. although that was not very recent. Recently (rather recently) at the Arnolds I think he got betaen by Selearis but I think it was due to the latter's "craftyness" as you might say (Chandler also lost to Selearis at this one), but he beat Brent Rakers at some tourney I saw on ArmTV just a few months ago, he's strong.

Who took Sonny Larson out of the right hand finals at this ROTN? You gotta remember he beat you twice at the Harley.

Don't get me wrong, I'm cheering for you dude, not saying any of the above should be ranked higher or anything. :rock :rock

Sonny got beat by mike bowling and ?????? I remember bowling because it was very fast.......impressive win.

Arturo, I am just plain old excited to pull, I am not the same as the harley pull......I have had a great team in Vegas to train with and learned how is the best way for me to pull.

This event I was a little bit of everything hook, toproll, press......I was more agressive and versatile and my basic armwrestling approach was totally different, I feel I am starting to use my tools more efficently.

Chandler is very strong................I just don't see him beating me and a few others...........not to say he can't catch you in a bad spot...........but his hand will always be up for grabs, a hook is nice and all......but why do the work if there is a much easier path?

question: In MMA you can have two fighters fight each other ie.. Chuck and Keith Jardeen (sp) and chuck lost, but when chuck fought silva he won - then when jardeen fought silva, he got smashed

stylistically some fighters can beat another fighter and that same fighter that lost can be a fighter that can beat him - make sense?

(the guy that got beat by Jardeen, beat the guy who beat Jardeen) I'm getting a migrain

so my question is: does this apply to armwrestling too? cause I'm reading alot of "this guy beat this guy who beat you, so doubt you'll beat that guy" not sure if that makes sense either? - I quit

in short: do some AW's match-up against others better?

Paul, this rule absolutely applies to armwrestling.

But, with the examples I gave I covered almost all areas .......deep hook, raw power, toprolling, weight differences........etc.

While styles do make good matches, you do have to be of the same calibre.............in MMA if someone is faster, stronger, better at submissions, better striker, and all around has a better record with a higher level of fighters........it is safe to say that he will win against the lesser opponent ( not less in 1 area, but in all areas ),...........not saying that an upset CAN'T happen, but if they fight 10 times most likely the superior fighter will win 9, and anything but will be an UPSET............they happen all the time, but the smart man puts his money on the favorite..................unless you are a gamblin' man and the odds are great , and also have lot of $$$$$$ to burn.

The same applies to armwrestling.

arturo, James Smith is the 1 guy I haven't managed to get a win on yet, we haven't pulled in about 2 1/2 years , but it is still with me that he has stopped me from a bunch of first places. On his game he is a MONSTER, I would love to see him come back in top form.