John Bernor 1st Single Ply Meet

MalachiMcMullen

Absolutely insane. His deadlift #'s seem a bit off though. I've seen vids of him pulling 750+ with bands/chains and all kinds of dangly clanging bling bling hanging off of it.

Absolutely insane. His deadlift #'s seem a bit off though. I've seen vids of him pulling 750+ with bands/chains and all kinds of dangly clanging bling bling hanging off of it.

Christ im weak. He didnt even have wraps on the squats.

WOW He has so much more potential in him. I can see him being 1000+ squatter EASILY, a mid 800 deadlifter and higher 700lb bencher. He has the potential for a 2600total as a single ply lifter which is absolutely ridiculous to even think of. Usually really good squatters and deadlifters are not great at bench but he is so he could easily become the greatest single ply heavyweight of all time.

He is inspirational! :rock

a mid 800 deadlifter

Looking at his build type, current deadlift in that meet, and past history of how long he's powerlifted, I don't see this at all.

bb.com?

and for the guy who said he can be a mid 800 DLer, before his injury his highest was in the high 700s

Edited by Jacob_Seanor

bb.com?

and for the guy who said he can be a mid 800 DLer, before his injury his highest was in the high 700s

Yes, I saw it on BB.com and felt it was thread worthy here :)

He's definitely not a mid 8's puller but I was surprised to see him pulling only 730. The thread on BB.com mentioned him missing a 3rd attempt at 770. As I said, I've seen him pull 750+ with all manner of gadgetry hanging from the bar and some from platforms. I've never seen an 800 pull from him, but he couldn't have been far off. I didn't realize he was injured. What happened?

His deadlift #'s seem a bit off though. I've seen vids of him pulling 750+ with bands/chains and all kinds of dangly clanging bling bling hanging off of it.

You should see me DLing. I've only got two 1" bars, and only one that I can fit over 300lb on. So, I end up having to tie

more weight to it with rope. Then, if I wanna fine tune it, I hang stupid stuff off of it, like my hub, some little plastic weights, or wrap some chain around it, etc. By the time I'm done, it looks like the Cat in the Hat was doing some deadlifts.

His deadlift #'s seem a bit off though. I've seen vids of him pulling 750+ with bands/chains and all kinds of dangly clanging bling bling hanging off of it.

You should see me DLing. I've only got two 1" bars, and only one that I can fit over 300lb on. So, I end up having to tie

more weight to it with rope. Then, if I wanna fine tune it, I hang stupid stuff off of it, like my hub, some little plastic weights, or wrap some chain around it, etc. By the time I'm done, it looks like the Cat in the Hat was doing some deadlifts.

Oh man that is too funny, I have been there too. I need to get some more plates is my only problem. I remember one time I had some dumb bells and cinder blocks and some other weird stuff all on there. I was so excited to try my new dl max when my friend got me in as a guest at his gym one day, I just ran around collecting a butt load of 45s first thing.

Maybe this is a stupid question but are there any official records for max raw powerlifts?

Also are the squat vs dl numbers a suit issue? I have heard something about suits assisting allot more in a squat, I just have never been able to squat more than I could deadlift. I am not trying to say that isn't incredible, just watching him squat that much weight is scary.

Tim I, Mark Henry holds both the raw squat and raw deadlift records at 948 and 903(935 unofficially) respectively. Don Reinhouldt used to have the record at around 920 or so. Scot Mendelson holds the raw bench record at 715, has 3 or 4 700+ raw benches in competition, and only the second person to bench 700 or more in a competition.

bb.com?

Yes but I believe that was raw. He pulls sumo, and has a huge squat so over 800 is possible imo.

Tim I, Mark Henry holds both the raw squat and raw deadlift records at 948 and 903(935 unofficially) respectively. Don Reinhouldt used to have the record at around 920 or so. Scot Mendelson holds the raw bench record at 715, has 3 or 4 700+ raw benches in competition, and only the second person to bench 700 or more in a competition.

Is there any record of those lifts being recorded as the raw records? There is actually a video of the record of Don Reinhouldts squat here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFiO4rgq_t. crazy they didn't even have spotters back then. A lot of things about mark henry are a bit exaggerated so not sure about his lifts being raw or if they were official.

Is there any record of those lifts being recorded as the raw records? There is actually a video of the record of Don Reinhouldts squat here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFiO4rgq_t. crazy they didn't even have spotters back then. A lot of things about mark henry are a bit exaggerated so not sure about his lifts being raw or if they were official.

They were both done in meets I believe and were official lifts.

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/records

They were both done in meets I believe and were official lifts.

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/records

Those are all equipped lifts, I know he hit those lifts but I was pretty sure they were with powerlifting gear. Although it is strange henrys records are not in the record books for the federation he competed in.

Edited by shizen

The 900+ DL list is for all-time records. Henry happens to be on both lists with raw lifts. The 903 was done with a belt and singlet only, the 948 squat was done in the same.

I think you missed the last Y in that link for the Don Reinhoudt squat video http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=EFiO4rgq_tY That is really scary with no spotters like you said. What year was that?

And speaking of raw squatting and John Bernor have you guys seen this video? http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=pr9JD9QG7jo I think he has gotta be good for upper 800's raw as well.

Well guys, I guess the heaviest raw deadlift caught on video was done just recently by Kevin Nee.

905 :whacked

The 900+ DL list is for all-time records. Henry happens to be on both lists with raw lifts. The 903 was done with a belt and singlet only, the 948 squat was done in the same.

yeah but that is just a listing under the federation he supposedly competed in doesn't have him as having the record. Also wow is all I can say about the kevin knee pull, not sure what happened to him in strongman he kind of fell off the map and isn't that competetive right now.

I think there have been more people than Henry with 900+ raw deadlifts. Bolton's for sure, would not be suprised if Heisey's were raw.

Incredible strength!!! :rock

And since nobody has mentioned it, I will...that girl holding onto the monolift for the squats has one hell of a body on her! :kiss:tongue