Your M.v.p (grip) Goes To ...

ewokhugo

i'd like to ask u to vote for your M.V.P or most valuable gripper guy ,

i mean the guy who is a "perfect" example to follow; someone very qualificated to share knowledge ect ...

I cant pick just one name ...

i pick 3 !

MATT ("Cannon")/SAM("#coc3)/MIKE("Autolupus")!

p.s- Temmu I got my vote last year:-) He's still a great example of "no limits" attitude.

Edited by ewokhugo

I will pick 3 GB members,

Teemu I / Mobsterone / Magnus

Also thanks to Hugo for including me. I try my best to help others with what i have learnt in my time training grippers. In my opinion it is best to share training knowledge why keep it to yourself?

Edited by CoC#3

In no particuliar order

John Eaton

Ben Edwards

Clay Edgin

Clay was the original "feat cheater" who would gladly showed people the ubersecret techniques for free. This irked a lot of people and got him accused of "literally decimating the iron game" when a more accurate statement would be "literally decimating my sales". Clay even posted something to the effect of that he didn't want to beat somebody because they didn't know how to perform a feat, he wanted to beat them because he was stronger.

John and Ben will both give you any tips they have even if it's at the comp and it means you might beat them. John loaned me his pads at Gripmas and even wrapped the steel for me to help me hit a PR reverse. Ben and John have in the past and continue to loan me equipment, expensive equipment at that, to train for comps, even if it's a comp they're going to be in.

My "3" in no particular order:

Sam

Teemu

Mr Horne

Mr Sorin

Clay

Eaton

Mob

Fred (in the one to watch catagory, my brains, his brawn? Fear him!)

Ben Edwards

Gazza

John Beatty

The Jeddster

Woodall

Paul Savage (I'll come back to this in 3 years and show you how wise I am)

Amidon and Morton.

Climber511

Acorn

Jad

Wannagrip (father of a thousand gripspawn)

Big Nasty

Eric Milfield and his crew

Vikingssuck ;)

Magnus (Frank)

Hubgeezer

Plus a bunch of Europeans that I apologise but I don't know your real names.

Plus everyone I've forgotten, like Smitty.

It's really impossible to pick 3, there are so many "MVP"s , but just to name a few:

Teemu

Chris Mathison

Ben

Luke

Cannon

Sam

Mobster

Hugo

Clay

Aaron

Twig...

...and alot more...

I will pick 3 GB members,

Teemu I / Mobsterone / Magnus

Also thanks to Hugo for including me. I try my best to help others with what i have learnt in my time training grippers. In my opinion it is best to share training knowledge why keep it to yourself?

............Magnus (Frank).............

Thanks alot, Sam and Twig! I'm honored! :)

Edited by Magnus

I enjoy reading information from a lot of different people on this board, but

the two members that have been the most infuential to my gripper training

(because of the info they share on this board or other blogs) are:

bencrush and CoC#3

My "3" in no particular order:

Sam

Teemu

Mr Horne

Mr Sorin

Clay

Eaton

Mob

Fred (in the one to watch catagory, my brains, his brawn? Fear him!)

Ben Edwards

Gazza

John Beatty

The Jeddster

Woodall

Paul Savage (I'll come back to this in 3 years and show you how wise I am)

Amidon and Morton.

Climber511

Acorn

Jad

Wannagrip (father of a thousand gripspawn)

Big Nasty

Eric Milfield and his crew

Vikingssuck ;)

Magnus (Frank)

Hubgeezer

Plus a bunch of Europeans that I apologise but I don't know your real names.

Plus everyone I've forgotten, like Smitty.

I think you but me on here by mistake I don't think I am in this company but thank's.

I can't go with just 3.

1.Josh

2.Ben

3.Clay

4. Tim Tolbert

5.Jedd+Smitty

6.John Beatty+David Horne

7.Bill Piche

8.Michigan Crew

1+2+3+4 because out of all the grip guys I know, they have done the most to help people learn what they do. No whining or complaining, they just do the best they can and give their all to help any one else do the same.

5 because of the Diesel Crew and the GGC. Also, I don't know Smitty well but Jedd belongs with the guys mentioned above.

6 because they are they equipment companies that sponsor the most and are in touch with grip competitors the most- Certs, etc.

7 because of the Gripboard, duh.

8 because of me being a little selfish, they helped me start the Michigan grip comp and made it someplace special to be. Jeff, Dave, Don+Jerri, Taylor, Steve, Brian, Kip, Zach, Mark, Paula (yes my wife!), forgive me if I left anyone out!

Hell, i missed a few like Eric and Chris Rice, too many people I respect here!

Edited by Bob Lipinski

Bill Piche for keeping this board running.

Thanks Hugo! :blush

Too many to name all but a big nod to Brendan Dwyer (ox3782) :)

Well, I am probably unqualified to vote on who is actually the best, but I can mention a few names of people who influenced me, and if I leave out anyone more talented, it is probably because of unfamiliarity, bot disprespect.

Too many to name all but a big nod to Brendan Dwyer (ox3782) :)

I will agree here. I was only on the gripboard for a month or so before he invited me to his house for some training, and I learned a lot. what I know of DO bending I owe in large part to him. I bent my first G5 there.

I could also add...

John Eaton - very helpful. Showed me in person how to set a gripper, plus the only other Upstate New Yorker I know about on the boards :D

Teemu I - I don't know him, but his posts on grippers have been very helpful to me.

Gazza - Inspiring, every time

Ben Edwards - Wiling to take time to give bending advice to anyone.

Zach Coulter - I never figured out how to even bend a UL horseshoe until I watched his videos.

Derek Graybill - For inspiration. I know that kid can't be stronger than me :D But he is...

John Beatty - For all the steel and some other toys :cool

Jedd Johnson - because he can do anything, it seems.

M.v.p (grip) Goes To

Two really stand out for me.

Bob Lipinski: For getting the Contests going in Michigan. Through which many of us have met many others with similar interests.

Don Larkin: Provided me with excellent advice/goals. Don has helped make me stronger than I should be. I am proud to have equaled some of Don's feats that he did long ago.

Thanks Magnus.

I forgot to mention your name as the runner -up for the "title";but i had to pick just 3 names.

i thought 3 names was the limit ... lol TWIG ...

3 more :

Magnus, Ben Edwards and Temmu I .(both are(VERY) good people, always available to help)

Edited by ewokhugo

Big Nasty
I think you but me on here by mistake I don't think I am in this company but thank's.

Biggest muscle in the Human Body is the Heart, and you, my friend, have that in spades.

David Wigren: Very good bender whos always willing to give advice

I meant to add him as well. He gives me hope since we have a similar bending style...I just suck at it compared to him :D

Big Nasty

Biggest muscle in the Human Body is the Heart, and you, my friend, have that in spades.

Thank you sir your so gracious being mentioned in the same breath with any of these guy's is a cool deal !!!! :D

Thank you Twig for putting me on your list. :rock

When I get my COC Number 3 certification before the end of November this year, I am sure there will be others that will put me on their lists. :cool

Why? Because come Christmas, it will have been TEN YEARS since I started doing grippers, and if I get certified just one month shy of 10 years, I think that will count for something. Maybe one other person will put me on their list! :D

My picks for gripper king, in no particular order, and I do not think there is a King, as no one is in a class by themselves:

Edgin

MobbinStein

Morton

Shrug

Patrick

Chad

Bussi

Teemu

Magnus S

Tex

Edited by Hubgeezer

I'm honored to be on Matt and Neil's lists :D

I can't go with just 3 either and I'm pretty sure no matter what I'm going to forget someone

John Hicks - got me started in grip, so in a sense I owe him everything, hilarious and very helpful

Tim T - helped me A LOT through the last year with braced, odd objects, etc. I would ask him one question and he would have a full page response with everything in amazing detail. Very nice guy

Aaron C. - The first grip guy I actually met and has been a great friend of mine for well over a year now. Has taught me A LOT and if it hadn't been for his help I wouldn't be where I am today

Paul Knight - One of my best friends in grip even though we only met a few months ago. Not to mention he's a little strong ;)

Eric Milfeld - Really nice, VERY strong guy

Zach C. for always pushing me :D

Gazza - no words necessary

Jeremiah Fox

ALL the people from the bending forum for the motivation

AND whoever I may have forgotten :laugh

Edited by vikingsrule92

There is no way that I could narrow it down to 3, 10, or even 20. Problem is I've never seen an "online community" or whatever we'd be classified as, that had such a high percentage of "grade A" people that this board has and I'm not just saying that.

I'm amazed on a regular basis how knowledgable and generous with that knowledge so many on this board are.

Even if I just wanted to mention a few, I'd start mentioning so many that I'd feel horrible for the one or two I forgot. I'd look like the credits at the end of a great movie!!

To me it would be like asking me to pick which of my sons I like the best.

Great guys on this board. There are real pros on this board.

Tim

Wow, I usually stay out of threads like this one because I hate having to choose people or name names. I guess I have no choice having been mentioned 3x's :blush

I'm with Tim T on this one. I wont be naming names. It would be faster to copy and paste the members list.

I also think Bill deserves a big mention here. Let's face it, without the Gripboard, very few of us would be into this stuff like we are, there would be no talk of the "sport of grip", there would be no regular competitions, the feats of strength we all hold dear would not constantly see improvement as they have, and no one here would be able to talk to the fantastic crowd here without Bill and his Gripboard. Thanks Bill! :rock :rock :rock

Everyone I've met in the grip world to date has taught me something.

It started with the ohio boys; chris rice, nick/stew rosendaul, sean dockery

Zack coulture, Dave thorton, Jedd, smitty, PKight, EricMilfred, Barbe, Stefan Falke

too many to name all.

I'm also going to throw in Rick Walker. Without him, I never would have started grip training.

I'm going with the Geezer crew considering I'm one

Mike Corlett

Mike Hadland

Chri Rice

Steve B.

After that my list would be

Ben Edwards

John Eaton

Eric Milfeld

Ryan Klien

Kevin Bussi

And I'm sure I'm leaving someone out