Smolov Squat Cycle

ScottW

well, i just finished my last workout two days ago. I started with a 295 max (But this was very fabricated, i had never actually maxed and th emost i had done was 245 x5, in hind sight i dont think i could have done even 285 for a single), this workout I was able to do 290 for 10X3. The 40-50 increase was just an estimate based on how i feel. Im gonna max out this wednesday, so ill be able to give a moire precise gauge of my gains fromt he program. Im looking forward to it and feeling really strong, ill let you all know how it goes. Im thinking ill video tape it, even though its not really impressive weight.

Quick question though how much rest is usually suppose to be taken between sets, I was taking a good 2-3 minutes during the later sets and it was needed, just wondering. Next step the intense phase base don my new max.

yeah intense is based on whatever your new maximum is after base meso. The rest varies from person to person, I take as much as I need also until I feel ready the 10x3 days took me forever because I took long rests also. Intense is very tough on the 5x5 days, good luck. Also you should video tape if you want its always good to see a new pr.

Edited by shizen

Maxed at 325 today so i got a 30 pound max increase in about 4 weeks yay i also got a power rack today yay

Great gains, gratz :mosher . The power rack should help quite a bit also :laugh

Maxed at 325 today so i got a 30 pound max increase in about 4 weeks yay i also got a power rack today yay

Goodie :) I really need to get a power rack. There was a really nice deal on one in the paper a few weeks back on one, and I can kick myself for not taking it. It was a power rack, 390lb of olympic weights, and a few olympic bars for $270. Dang :(

Goodie :) I really need to get a power rack. There was a really nice deal on one in the paper a few weeks back on one, and I can kick myself for not taking it. It was a power rack, 390lb of olympic weights, and a few olympic bars for $270. Dang :(

Come to MI and I'll kick you for not taking that deal ;):laugh

Does anyone know if "york co." 45 pound barbells are any good. i got one of those too pretty cheap caus ei thpough ti heard york was good. Anyone know what york bars retail for approx?

Edited by TKtheGreek

Does anyone know if "york co." 45 pound barbells are any good. i got one of those too pretty cheap caus ei thpough ti heard york was good. Anyone know what york bars retail for approx?

I hear they're pretty good, but I also heard they had a recall on some of them breaking. Don't know when that's from, though.

caus ei thpough ti

Wow, you really are Greek :D;)

Edited by Magnus