Beastly Bb Gm?

MitchSA

Hi Friends

Ive been training grip intensely for 6 months now with great results.

I'm closing my #3's ( I own 2 ) in a 40mm choker

I can TNS my #2.5 and SM for a rep each

I do overcushes with my #2.5 and BB SM

My SM is a fair bit tougher than my #2.5 at the crush down

My #3's are pretty equal but the older one is slightly easier at the initial sweep (due to seasoning no doubt)

but here is the thing! my BB GM is a great deal tougher than my 3's!! Its so tough that even a 2 hand forced neg is tough!

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Mitch

I've got one of each as well: #2.5/#3/BBSM/BBGM. BBSM is tougher than #2.5 throughout the range. My BBGM also is harder than #3, but I cannot yet close these two. I get my #3 to about 1cm and GM to maybe 1.5-2cm.

I've got one of each as well: #2.5/#3/BBSM/BBGM. BBSM is tougher than #2.5 throughout the range. My BBGM also is harder than #3, but I cannot yet close these two. I get my #3 to about 1cm and GM to maybe 1.5-2cm.

Thanks very much bud! that is interesting to know!

is it that the older gms used to be near a 3 and the newer ones are harder. as the newer elites are around a 3.5 and they used to be roughly a 3.2-3. I think thats what ive read. my thor sm is harder than both of my 2.5s and my thor gm feels harder than my 3

is it that the older gms used to be near a 3 and the newer ones are harder. as the newer elites are around a 3.5 and they used to be roughly a 3.2-3. I think thats what ive read. my thor sm is harder than both of my 2.5s and my thor gm feels harder than my 3

I agree with this. I also feel like I've read a few times in older posts that a BBGM is a good stepping stone to the #3 because it will generally be a little easier. I don't think that's true for BBGMs maybe 2006-ish or later.

I've closed a few #3s, and never closed any BBGMs.

....although I recently missed my 155# BBGM by a hair! :D

I've actually had the opposite experience. I have two GM's, one from '07 and one from '08. They are both easier than

my #3's. I actually thought that was normal for the GM's to be a little easier. Maybe mine are mutants?