Problems With Hg 200

Ignatov

Hi , all.Before 1 week I bought HG 150,200 and 250.Becouse of problems i started training before 2 days and i done only 5x15reps on 150.Yesterday i started to do 30reps on 150 ,but i still have a problem on 200.I know friends of mine that close 150 about 25 times with their other hand on the top of the gripper not to slip in the hand and can do 2-3 reps on 200.What must i do to close 200?Anybody with the same problem?

P.S - I can really fast improve my power at all.I'm 16 years boy , 67 kg , 180 sm , forearm ~30sm , Biceps ~32-33sm.Can do reps with 40kg for biceps in stand position.Armwrestling maniak ;) I'm really sorry for my bad English but i'm from Bulgaria and i only learn this language at school.Sorry again!Hope for fast answer!

use a coin and when you close the HG 150 hold the coin for a s long as you can in between the handles

also close the 200 HG and use your thigh to close it and hold it shut for as long as you possibly can train hard, then take a break of about 3 - 4 days and with a breif warmup you should have the HG closed

-best of luck

Ok, I will try it.Anybody try this?Is there need of doing many ot reps on 150 cuz i can reach 40 reps maybe in a week but is it matter that of my power?Am i gonna close HG200 if i make 40 reps of HG150?Thanks for the help!

Doing high reps doesn't always translate well to maximum strength, I would focus most of your energy on trying to kill that HG200 for a few attempts, then maybe do max reps on your HG150 as a finisher.

Well, becouse i will start my training now you want to say to try to kill the hg 200 and if i see i cant and the gap go bigger to continue my training with HG 150 ?

P.S - I have only 150,200,250 HG....And if i ask another question that is off topic - Can you tell how HG - CoC are ranged i want to now what is stronger 300 or #3 .. can you compare them?

Well, becouse i will start my training now you want to say to try to kill the hg 200 and if i see i cant and the gap go bigger to continue my training with HG 150 ?

P.S - I have only 150,200,250 HG....And if i ask another question that is off topic - Can you tell how HG - CoC are ranged i want to now what is stronger 300 or #3 .. can you compare them?

A #3 COC is harder than an HG 300, An HG 300 is about the same strength as a COC #2.5.

Today i kill the HG 200 but i cant believe yet....After 5-6 min of relaxing i tried to do it again but this time i cant do the same...After 30 min i tried again but the result was the same.I have a question about squeezing - can i use my other hand to grab the gripper on the upper side not to slide in my hand.In this way i dont use it to help with the squeezing only not for slip.

Today i kill the HG 200 but i cant believe yet....After 5-6 min of relaxing i tried to do it again but this time i cant do the same...After 30 min i tried again but the result was the same.I have a question about squeezing - can i use my other hand to grab the gripper on the upper side not to slide in my hand.In this way i dont use it to help with the squeezing only not for slip.

While attempting to close it? No. In order for it not to slip use chalk on your hand, it will help greatly

Can i Buy chalk from ebay cuz my city is so small that i think nobody here sell this thing....I tried with school chalk but i dont now is it have the same effect..And is there effect to try killing 200 again and if i cant is there effect on my strenght, i mean that is this gonna help me to kill it once for all?

It will take a bit of time before you can close it every time, just keep working with it and after a while of closing it, the gripper will become easy

Can i Buy chalk from ebay cuz my city is so small that i think nobody here sell this thing....I tried with school chalk but i dont now is it have the same effect..And is there effect to try killing 200 again and if i cant is there effect on my strenght, i mean that is this gonna help me to kill it once for all?

Yes you can buy chalk from ebay, ironmind, and pretty much any site at all that sells weights or related stuff. It'll cost you $10-15 for 1 lb (8 blocks) of chalk which will last you a LONG time, well worth it. It will help a lot with your strength because the gripper won't slip in your hand and won't be a detriment to your strength.

You should use your 150 AND 200. Make as many attempts on the 200 as your hands can muster without injury. Also, instead of trying to get as many reps as you can on the 150 just close it, and hold it closed until you can't any longer, rest and repeat.

Thanks to everyone about the interesting info...Today i notice that i have problems with my left hand.When i tried to close the 150 i cant becouse of the pain in my hand.The pain is like a pain from handshacking and the pain is in my palm that si close to the fingers..What can i do now?My left forearm is weaker and with it i can only make about 20 reps and not even close to kill 200 with it , and if i now give it a rest i must train only my right hand and the difference of their power will go realy big..What to do..

P.S - Made 24 seconds closed 150 with Right Hand and 0 seconds with my left cuz i even cant close it with this pain...I used a coin to be sure that it is closed

Edited by Ignatov

Thanks for the tips.I stopped training for 1-2 days but my left hand is still hurting.Today i closed HG 200 for whole 2 reps...I can close it once whenever i want...Thank for the tips once again...Still have problems with my left hand and still have troubles with 200 with it....

the left hand will take a bit longer, stay patient dont overtrain, your making good progress there

After takin 2 days of relaxing(this is the first relax since i got my grippers),yesterday i made whole 6 reps with my right hand and 0 with my Left....I'm thinking about if i stop making reps i start making negatives is that gonna help me faster to master 250.Is there a need to start to attempt or to do negatives with my 250?

yes if youve got the foundation, negatives with the 250 is gonna be the ticket to mastering it

-Steve

Well, i found out that everything is very variable...Of today my workout i fully close 200 for 2 reps i than i feel so tired....I make only 1 set and that was..I think i need chalk (magnesium carbonated) becouse it will help me to gripping....I lose many power of trying to position my gripper and if it is not verry comforatble it is hard to close it ... After a shower i made whole 6 reps (yesterday , and i dont know why that was after a shower....) then again i tried and i close it twice...Can anybody tell me why?Is there a need to making negatives with 200 to master 250 or to master 200 for reps for sets...10x Again and sorry for my bad english again.

P.S - Is this gonna last for a long time or just for a few days ? - Click!

i ve used that it will last for a very very very long time

A #3 COC is harder than an HG 300, An HG 300 is about the same strength as a COC #2.5.

That not always true.

I have CoC 1, 2, 2.5 3 and HG 250,300,350

My 250 and my 2 I ant tell apart. I can TNS close the 2.5 for reps. I can get the 3 to 1 mm with a set. I can only get the 300 to about 10 mm !! I only opened the 350 out of the package to see if I could chest crush it or not.. Its a freaking monster!

I just filed the 250 down so I can work on getting that last mm on the 3 consistantly. Been focusing on the coin hold in the 2 / 2.5 and the extremely filed 250 to work on the tightest part of the squeeze as thats where I seem to struggle the most.

• 2 weeks later...

That not always true.

I have CoC 1, 2, 2.5 3 and HG 250,300,350

My 250 and my 2 I ant tell apart. I can TNS close the 2.5 for reps. I can get the 3 to 1 mm with a set. I can only get the 300 to about 10 mm !! I only opened the 350 out of the package to see if I could chest crush it or not.. Its a freaking monster!

I just filed the 250 down so I can work on getting that last mm on the 3 consistantly. Been focusing on the coin hold in the 2 / 2.5 and the extremely filed 250 to work on the tightest part of the squeeze as thats where I seem to struggle the most.

I think the problem with the HGs is that they're much less consistent than the CoCs in terms of their range so there could be two say HG 250s that are pretty different. Also the HGs don't maintain their rigidness over time as well as the CoCs.