Travis Bagent Superhuman Video

raikkonen

I don't know a lot about Christain except that at the Harley Pull last spring Travis crushed him. And he's ranked like 10th on armpower.net and Cyplenkov is ranked #1 above Bagent even.

How can Cyplenkov be number one? Dont you have to beat the current #1 to get there? Anyway.... I´m really looking up to this if it happens.

My money would still be on Travis.

every match i've seen of Dennis he always catches people in a loosing postion and holds them off then brings them back which he would have to be far stronger then Christian to catch him in a loosing position and then pull him back in a hook which is Christians move but as far as Travis goes he would take his hand IMO

Left Handed - 95kg+

1. Travis Bagent, USA

2. Denis Cyplenkov, RUS

3. Dima Kochiev, RUS

4. Andrey Pushkar, UKR

5. Farid Usmanov, UZB

http://www.worldofarmwrestling.com/index.p...4&Itemid=60

I actually agree with this ranking, with the possible exception of fifth place - I might be inclined to put Marcio Barboza at fifth instead of Usmanov (but not sure).

I don't agree with his current top 10 right:

1. Devon Larratt, CAN

2. John Brzenk, USA

3. Andrey Pushkar, UKR

4. Farid Usmanov, UZB

5. Travis Bagent, USA

6. Ron Bath, USA

7. Richard Lupkes, USA

8. Tim Bresnan, USA

9. Normunds Tomsons, LAT

10. Michael Todd, USA

I think it should read:

1. Devon Larratt

2. Denis Cyplenkov

3. Dave Randall

4. Travis Bagent

5. John Brzenk

I am not sure about the rest, but the rest MIGHT look like this:

6. Andrey Pushkar

7. Farid Usmanov

8. Alexey Semerenko

9. Ron Bath

10. Michael Todd

Honorable mention to Marcio Barboza, Tim Bresnan, Normunds Tomsons, Dima Kochiev, Taras Ivakin, and others.

I don't think Richard Lupkes should be ranked because he is injured.

Back on topic: I think Travis's match against Denis has got to be the most anticipated left-handed match up in a very long time. I think the odds are definitely in Travis' favor as he is so damned fast, but Denis is a fearsome opponent who has the capacity to turn the tables; if Denis catches Travis’ hit in a hook, it is over.

Edited by G-Man

denis vs travis for me is the match im most looknig forwald too ever.

i dont see how denis can be ranked #2 on right hand. sure he would prob beat most of the top 10 including john brzenk etc but if he hasnt puleld them yet he shouldnt be ranked.

I think it should read:

1. Devon Larratt

2. Denis Cyplenkov

3. Dave Randall

4. Travis Bagent

5. John Brzenk

I am not sure about the rest, but the rest MIGHT look like this:

6. Andrey Pushkar

7. Farid Usmanov

8. Alexey Semerenko

9. Ron Bath

10. Michael Todd

Honorable mention to Marcio Barboza, Tim Bresnan, Normunds Tomsons, Dima Kochiev, Taras Ivakin, and others.

I don't think Richard Lupkes should be ranked because he is injured.

Back on topic: I think Travis's match against Denis has got to be the most anticipated left-handed match up in a very long time. I think the odds are definitely in Travis' favor as he is so damned fast, but Denis is a fearsome opponent who has the capacity to turn the tables; if Denis catches Travis’ hit in a hook, it is over.

You can only be ranked if you pull international, so Cyplenkov dindt pull right hand neither Randall....

Engins List is based on facts.

Flexor I agree with you 100%. Plus why John B. ranks lower than Travis right hand? Travis should not be top 5 right hand, period! I am not sure even top 8. Why Tim Bresman is not there as well? He beat John B. and richard L. too

Flexor I agree with you 100%. Plus why John B. ranks lower than Travis right hand? Travis should not be top 5 right hand, period! I am not sure even top 8. Why Tim Bresman is not there as well? He beat John B. and richard L. too

John B. was not feeling it at all when Bresnan beat him and the only time he "beat" Lupkes was when Lupkes tore his bicep. Lupkes was winning before that happened and before that his record with Bresnan was 2-0. Bagent is most definitely top 10, and most likely top 5 right handed. At the ROTN yesterday he was just playing with everybody except Michael Todd but he still beat MT right handed 3 times in a row. Remember, Michael Todd has given Ron Bath countless tough matches. Also at the ROTN someone (not sure who, Gary Roberts or the refs or what) tried to set up a challenge match between John Brzenk and Travis Bagent right handed to occur at the end of the ROTN but John didn't want to do it. Point being, Bagent and Brzenk are very close and Bagent may be able to beat him at this point. I actually agree with G-Man's top 5, but I am not sure about the order other than Devon being #1.

On a side note, John B. beat Marcio and Ron Bath on Saturday right handed (Ron bath put up an amazing battle) and left handed (Marcio was the only one to slow John down - Bath didn't stand a chance! :blink ). I'd say Brzenk's left hand is at it's prime right now, 2nd or 3rd in the nation, what do you think Bob (if you see this)?

Edited by Josh H

I was personally surprised to find out John beat Marcio leftie!! Marcio's got a mean left hand, and John lost to Tom Nelson leftie not too long ago... I think Marcio has beaten Nelson leftie in most of their encounters.

I mean this with no disrespect, but G-man's list is way off. David Randall??? Why would he be ranked above Brzenk? For that matter, why should Travis be ranked above him too? And Denis? ... I understand Devon, but not them. Randall supossedly has this deadly shoulder roll or shoulder press or whatever, but I've seen on ArmTV a clip of John getting almost pinned by Randall doing that move, then bringing him back over completely and winning. It was amazing. Plus, John was wearing the nerdy-looking glasses in that match I think, which adds to the excitement :D

Yes I agree Lupkes was winning against Bresnan when he popped his tendon. Upon closer look, I discovered a striking familarity between that match and the one where Tim Parker popped his bicep: Bresnan was holding Lupkes and actualy stalling Lupkes dead in his track. Then Lupkes 's tried to lean away from his hand to top roll it. That'd created a tremendous amount of negative pressure on his arm (stretching yourself out) That was exactly when it popped. You could see Lupkes was holding his bicep right after that. if Bresnan was NOT holding it solidly then that wouldn't happen, therefore he won regardless. I plan to start a topic about this NEGATIVE PRESSURE soon. Yes we all heard about "do not lean away from your hand" or "do not seperate your shoulder from your hand" lot of time you still win this way. But it takes only one wrong time to pop your bicep tendon. Leaning away from your hand is a sure way to get injured sooner or later

I mean this with no disrespect, but G-man's list is way off. David Randall??? Why would he be ranked above Brzenk? For that matter, why should Travis be ranked above him too? And Denis? ... I understand Devon, but not them. Randall supossedly has this deadly shoulder roll or shoulder press or whatever, but I've seen on ArmTV a clip of John getting almost pinned by Randall doing that move, then bringing him back over completely and winning. It was amazing. Plus, John was wearing the nerdy-looking glasses in that match I think, which adds to the excitement :D

Dave Randall crushed Bresnan this year and crushed Ron Bath and Todd Hutchings last year. And I mean crushed them. Bagent also beat Ron Bath at last years ROTN and he beat Lupkes once, who beat Brzenk. To deny that these great armwrestlers are not close ot one another at least would be foolish. What video is it that John beats Randall? I would love to see it!!!

fightertrainer, that is true, Bresnan did win, but despite that would you rank Bresnan above a healthy Lupkes? Because I sure wouldn't.

Josh: did you by any chance know, that in the tournament where Dave Randall "crushed" Ron Bath and Todd Hutchings, they were allowing pullers to start with their shoulders in? Meaning, their shoulders did NOT have to be "square" at the beggining of the match? Did you know this? It makes a huge difference, seeing as Randall's powerful move involves him getting in that possition.

I cannot remember what tourmanet it was that John brought him all the way back to win. I must repeat though, the match did not go from center of the table to John's winning side. Randall got his shoulder in, right on top of his hand, pressing, and John brought him aaaaall the way back, it was awesome. I'm gonna try to find out that video, but you must be a member of ARMTV to watch.

Josh: did you by any chance know, that in the tournament where Dave Randall "crushed" Ron Bath and Todd Hutchings, they were allowing pullers to start with their shoulders in? Meaning, their shoulders did NOT have to be "square" at the beggining of the match? Did you know this? It makes a huge difference, seeing as Randall's powerful move involves him getting in that possition.

I cannot remember what tourmanet it was that John brought him all the way back to win. I must repeat though, the match did not go from center of the table to John's winning side. Randall got his shoulder in, right on top of his hand, pressing, and John brought him aaaaall the way back, it was awesome. I'm gonna try to find out that video, but you must be a member of ARMTV to watch.

Yes I also read Bob Brown mentioning about John beat Randall back then. Randal is very tall man. With that height when he leaned in his head is on another side of table and all his weight behind it, that created an unfair advantage if you ask me. If I have my way, it would be a rule where you can not lean onto another side of table. YOu must stay on your side of table with your shoulder and head. But current rules did not prohibite it so Randal is doing very well with it. If there is a lazer beam shines across the table, leaning into it would trigger a false alarm ...well just a thought.

Josh, NO I would not rank Bresnan above Lupkes. But if in a super match format I would pick Bresnan over Lupkes (if he's healthy)

Wow... imho Lupkes would beat Bresnan 5-1 if healthy.

I agree Lupkes is stronger. The reason I said that was IMO Lukes is not back all the way yet! His stamina will takes times at 50s plus to gain. He basicly crahsed after beating John B at Arnold's. And I think it's the reason he popped his bicep: trying too hard to beat Bresnan in the final after he ran out of gas. Any fresher he would have done easily w/o injury. Therefore any super matches now would favor his opponent, who is close to his level of strength.

Edited by fightertrainer

fightertrainer: I am pretty sure that Lupkes beat Brzenk AND Bresnan at the Arnolds.

It was at a different tourney where he tore his bicep vs. Bresnan. I could be wrong, but I'm almost certain it's like this.

fightertrainer: I am pretty sure that Lupkes beat Brzenk AND Bresnan at the Arnolds.

It was at a different tourney where he tore his bicep vs. Bresnan. I could be wrong, but I'm almost certain it's like this.

yes I saw him beat both at Arnold. But at Arnold he was totally spent after beating John B. dued to lack of fitness or stamina. This is NOT to say he is not strong. People mistake power for fitness or stamina. I have faced guy who much stronger in AW, but after beating me 1st match easily, every match afterward I won faster and faster. In the end I flashed him so bad...I was just fitter not stronger. I am not sure sure how you come to the conclusion of your reply??? since we all know the news of all events (Lupes hurt himself in Utah, btw)

The reason for my reply is this:

He basicly crahsed after beating John B at Arnold's. And I think it's the reason he popped his bicep: trying too hard to beat Bresnan in the final after he ran out of gas. Any fresher he would have done easily w/o injury.

Reading that, one would think you were saying that because he "crashed" after beating John B., he popped his bicep vs. Bresnan. But he popped his bicep in a different tourney, not when he beat John B.

Maybe I was the one who got things mixed up, but from your post that is what I understood (and still understand) when reading it.

YOu got your point there Arturo. But this is about stamina or fitness point of references. What I said is still true in time frame. 1st he dropped to his knees (crashed as in exhaustion) at Arnold's. Then 2nd, he popped his bicep in Utah later. Did you think "crashed" means popping a muscle? NO my friend! Crash as in "I crash to bed from exhaustion"...totally spent of energy, that was what I meant...all good

Wow... imho Lupkes would beat Bresnan 5-1 if healthy.

I agree Lupkes is stronger. The reason I said that was IMO Lukes is not back all the way yet! His stamina will takes times at 50s plus to gain. He basicly crahsed after beating John B at Arnold's. And I think it's the reason he popped his bicep: trying too hard to beat Bresnan in the final after he ran out of gas. Any fresher he would have done easily w/o injury. Therefore any super matches now would favor his opponent, who is close to his level of strength.

Why will he have to gain his stamina back? He has been lifting weights the entire time he was away from armwrestling. So he is in great shape for his age, and Bresnan is probably just as old as Lupkes is (Lupkes is 52-53 btw). Being exhausted after beating John Brzenk, well yeah, almost anybody (note I said almost) will pretty tired after a 30+ second match. John himself was exhausted, too, after that.

Seeing as Lupkes didn't run out of gas during a longer match with Brzenk, I don't see why he would have been out of gas during a shorter match with Bresnan. He just got in a bad position is all, it had nothing to do wiht him running out of gas. He wasn't even breathing very hard after the match.