The Most Muscular Hands I Have Seen

shizen

Trey Brewer is a pro bodybuilder 20 something, check out his hands around 4:20

How do I work that outside of my hand, the part by the thumb has had some good growth from pinching and grippers but his muscle in his hands by his pinkey is ridiculous. Is it just a genetic thing or is it possible to work that area of the hand?

Imagine what this guy could do in grip!

I knew the video you were talking about before I watched it. Trey has some beefy hands. Without getting into rule #7, it's partly just how his hands are constructed. Just pinch and your hands will grow. I bet if some of the big guys here dieted down to the same bf% they'd have similar looking hands.

I knew the video you were talking about before I watched it. Trey has some beefy hands. Without getting into rule #7, it's partly just how his hands are constructed. Just pinch and your hands will grow. I bet if some of the big guys here dieted down to the same bf% they'd have similar looking hands.

Yeah that is true, his very low bodyfat definitely has a role in the way his hands look. The pinching has given me good growth by the thumb that he has, yet the bottom part of the hand by the pinkey is lacking and has almost no visible size. Was curious if there are some grip exercises that could work that area of the hand. Maybe more thick bar, since he has probably just had that hand size from having smallish hands and having to hold tremendous weight.

Edited by shizen

Wow, yeah he has some monster hands, no idea how to work the side by the pinky, though I have noticed gains in that area with gripper work.

My hands have got thicker over the years while traning grip. That and the fact that in 5 years i have gone from 150lbs to 240lbs. Closing grippers at or above a #3 level 50+ times a week, combined with regular pinch training with 90kilos+ is bound to have some sort of effect on hand thickness.

All pro bodybuilders tend to have very thick hands. look at Ronnie Coleman that is another example:

http://www.celebheights.com/starimages/ronnie-coleman.jpg

http://www.joemcnally.com/blog/wp-content/...nie_coleman.jpg

Edited by CoC#3

uææh. that guy freaks me out. rather be obese than be that muscular. to some degree :p

yeah seriously having super thick forearms, and lifting heavy 5 days a week your hands are bound to thicken, great shot of Coleman truly an inspiration to all those bodybuilders the guys is in the league of his own

When I look at guys like this I find it hard to believe that only a few people in the world could certify a #4. I think that

a) many of the people who are strong enough to do it don't even know about COC

b)some people may not have bothered to do a certification

---------

p.s.

Now, this guy has muscular hands but his fingers don't look that fat in comparison.

Edited by Grippster

The hands in the links above look pretty normal to me. ;)

What doesn't look normal to me are the many hands I see each day that look sadly atrophied to a thin layer of flesh over bone or pudgy and shapeless.

We all have our own strengths and weaknesses, it's all a matter of perspective regarding what you think looks "right", influenced by your activity/sport of choice (if any).

What doesn't look normal to me are the many hands I see each day that look sadly atrophied to a thin layer of flesh over bone or pudgy and shapeless.

WELL SAID BOB :rock

He has freaky muscular hands. I heard that someone handed Dorian Yates an IM #2 and he could not close it. My hat goes off to Yates for not running from it, as many pro bodybuilders do. Many of them have fantastic forearms but no grip strength.

I would believe the grip strength of this fellow only if he showed me something.

He has freaky muscular hands. I heard that someone handed Dorian Yates an IM #2 and he could not close it. My hat goes off to Yates for not running from it, as many pro bodybuilders do. Many of them have fantastic forearms but no grip strength.

I would believe the grip strength of this fellow only if he showed me something.

this is very true, size doesn't matter. i handed one of my friends who's 6'3 and 350lbs and trains in jiu jitsu the #1. he couldn't close it. my brother, who is 5'9 and 170lbs closed it on his first try with no training or learning to set or anything.

grippers require a lot of technique though, they DO have strong hands since they are holding tremendous weight. There forearms would not look the way they do if their hands were weak. Bodybuilders when dieted down are never very strong though-in comparison to offseason-. I do think if some of the HUGE strongman or powerlifters dieted down to the low single digit range their hands would probably look similar or even better then this guy.

Trey Brewer is a pro bodybuilder 20 something, check out his hands around 4:20
How do I work that outside of my hand, the part by the thumb has had some good growth from pinching and grippers but his muscle in his hands by his pinkey is ridiculous. Is it just a genetic thing or is it possible to work that area of the hand?

Imagine what this guy could do in grip!

I have muscle in my hand that looks just like his......one of my buddies called me muscle fingers one time because of it.

I think it is genetic because mine is thick like that with very little training. It's gotten even bigger as I got older relatively easy without direct stress.

My fingers are thicker than his though....

You can train that area of the hand a million different ways though.

It might have to do with the smallish joints in his hand. Maybe the muscle needs to work harder to support his joints because of there size.

grippers require a lot of technique though, they DO have strong hands since they are holding tremendous weight. There forearms would not look the way they do if their hands were weak. Bodybuilders when dieted down are never very strong though-in comparison to offseason-. I do think if some of the HUGE strongman or powerlifters dieted down to the low single digit range their hands would probably look similar or even better then this guy.

You obviously need good technique to improve on grippers, regardless of the level you start at. Two of my roommates are landscapers who have worked with their hands since they were 15 or so, you'd have to show em a couple beers to get em off the couch. Both of em destroyed a #1 despite absolutely horrific technique. My third roomie, a bodybuilder with hugely ''muscular'' forearms still can't shut it despite my showing him how to set and hold the thing properly.

Edited by dunebuggy31

• 2 weeks later...

Trey has enormous potential as a BB but his contest prep for this year's Junior Nationals was butchered. If he had have hit it on the head properly he would have earned his pro card (pretty sure they gave one out there). From memory he is going back to the drawing board until next year

How many pro bodybuilders and The Strong Man participants could close #3 on their first try ?

I'd like to watch Mariusz Pudzianowski on IM.

I think Manfred Hoeberl, although, I'm not 100% sure weather it was his first try. He's a CoC, either way.

Ronnie also clamped a very hard #3 down to under 1/8" with zero set on his first try.

Edited by Magnus

I believe I read on Marunde-Muscle that there was an instance at either the Arnold or some other expo where Jesse, Mariusz and one other WSM competitor were handed some grippers. Jesse is a CoC and closed it, Mariusz attempted it(no set obviously) and didn't come close. Mariusz smiled and walked off for a bit :) Closing grippers is a very specific strength to have without training.

I think most of elite strongmen have enough power to close at least #2.5 on their first try (with proper set). Raising big stones requier developed palms to keep the stones from falling down.

I hope Mariusz could improve his hand grip fast cuz few people have such determination in reaching goals like he has.

Btw Magnus Samuelsson is oficially certified CoC on #4, but I've never seen any clip of his close by IM rules. Only the clip with Svend Karlsen, but that close is not by rules. Does Magnus train with higher than #4 grippers too ?

Is there on the net video of successful #4 certification by IM rules of any of 5 CoC #4 ?

No, because no one has closed a #4 to IM rules.

Kinney's vid shows him using a set which is my opinion is slightly wider than a credit card width but it was not with a brand new #4 out of the package and it was not done with the insertion of a credit card hence it would not pass under current IM rules. Could Kinney in his prime close a #4 under current IM rules? In my opinion, yes.

There are vids online of Dave Morton and Clay Edgin closing a #4 with a deep set.

No, because no one has closed a #4 to IM rules.

There are vids online of Dave Morton and Clay Edgin closing a #4 with a deep set.

1. So how do all of them got certified by IM ?

2. Where could I watch these vids ?