Power Rack-(safety Bars/pins)?

blueparrot10

hi,i have a powertec-power-rack:will the "safety bars/pins"-safely hold/cope-with "years of heavy-weight=500-600-pound being laid on them? will they "safely"-stand up to a lifetime of this kind of weight being laid on them?

hi,i have a powertec-power-rack:will the "safety bars/pins"-safely hold/cope-with "years of heavy-weight=500-600-pound being laid on them? will they "safely"-stand up to a lifetime of this kind of weight being laid on them?

It depends how "gently" it gets laid on them. One "drop" can do more damage than a lifetime of easy catches. The Powertec rack is not a commercial quality rack as far as the thickness of the uprights go - it's fairly thin compared to say a heavy duty rack sold for a high school or college weight room. But normally the uprights stand up just fine - it's just the pins that get bent with a big catch. And those are easy enough to replace and fairly cheap. I don't think it would ever "fail" to do it's job of protecting you - just bend something. One thing you can do is to make sleeves for your pins from schedule 80 PVC pipe - it adds considerable strength and also protects the knurling on your good bars.

It depends how "gently" it gets laid on them. One "drop" can do more damage than a lifetime of easy catches. The Powertec rack is not a commercial quality rack as far as the thickness of the uprights go - it's fairly thin compared to say a heavy duty rack sold for a high school or college weight room. But normally the uprights stand up just fine - it's just the pins that get bent with a big catch. And those are easy enough to replace and fairly cheap. I don't think it would ever "fail" to do it's job of protecting you - just bend something. One thing you can do is to make sleeves for your pins from schedule 80 PVC pipe - it adds considerable strength and also protects the knurling on your good bars.

climber511-thanks very-much for this advice-this is very-helpfull mate! thanks.