Larrat 6-0 Vs Brzenk

fightertrainer

It said here:

http://teammaine.proboards107.com/index.cg...mp;thread=12622

I am still surprise. I saw Devon in training video pulling against 2 hands still win. That was amazing. I am talking 'bout one of the hand was floating in the air to pull Devon while another grapped it normally. The pulling force must be over 300 lbs and Devon still prevailed.

I was there watching, John seemed to simply lack the power to put Devon away. :blink

Devon literally blasted through him the first few matches, then John seemed to regain some control but couldn't get Devon into a convincing losing position. There was a lot of battling in the middle ground and some high hooking used but Devon waited for his moment in each match and then just went for the pin. It seemed that once Devon had won 4 matches he let John get a better position and give Devon everything he had, but it wasn't enough for John to get one back.

Devon did look huge, apparently 118kg, and John was just under 100kg (if I heard it correctly).

John was very gracious in defeat and Devon made a really cool speech about how proud he was to have had the opportunity to arm wrestle John in the first place and how he'd always looked up to John for the years he'd been coming up in the sport. Obviously John isn't at his best right now and Devon is at his "all time best" according to himself, but the result is still surprising. They obviously had a huge amount of respect for each other which was really great to see.

Right at the end of his speech Devon basically said he considers himself the best in the world now, so anyone who wants to test him, bring it on! Maybe a certain Russian puller will take him up on it! Devon did look ridiculously dominant throughout, so perhaps said Russian puller would be less otherworldly against Devon than people are predicting, hopefully we'll find out for certain soon enough.

On a side note me and a friend both met John pre-match earlier in the day, and he was an absolute legend, chatting with us and letting us take pics of us with him. :rock His forearm and hand are ridiculous, his hand literally felt like a huge solid ham in mine.

Also the Todd vs Barboza match was extreme, every match went to the strap with the competitors actually calling for the strap as the matches went on!

Edited by mithras

Unbelievable!

Great work for Devon!

I'm a big fan of John, but he seems to be on the decline.

He told me at Europa 08 his right wrist is still injured and

nags him a lot.

John is also pretty light right now.

Regardless, 6 - 0 is unquestionable.

Mighty Joe

devon is just hammering it . bath, bagent, john, i dont thin ktherd be anyone out there that could beat him?

118kg is massive though, hes no joke, hes the man, he will pull denis c arm off :D

Thanks for the report, it sounds like this was an awesome event. I wish I could have been there...

It really was a great day, so many matches with the British championships BEFORE the USA am wrestlers even started! They interspersed the main card matches with the British finals for each weight class, some amazing pullers there too.

Michael Todd was unbelievable, he came back from a losing position to win each of his matches (I think the final result was 4-2 to him, but one of Marcio's wins was a foul). They literally gave it everything they had, and practically collapsed after each match. Marcio was so close to pinning him so many times, but just couldn't quite finish him.

The event was literally in the middle of a shopping centre, with quite a lot of people watching at times. Neil Pickup did an awesome job compere'ing and keeping the event going in the gaps when the people videoing were making a mess of things. They had technical issues right before the John-Devon match (which the camera crew obviously had no idea about the significance of) and we overheard Neil say to the camera crew something to the tune of "all the other events today don't mean shit, if we don't get this one on the tape or we run out of tape, there'll be trouble".

We found out after we left that there was a free for all type super match, with Devon, John, Marcio, Michael Todd and Lindholm from Sweden too, it'd be really interesting to know how everyone did there.

Edited by mithras

10 World, men right

1. Devon Larratt, CAN

2. John Brzenk, USA

3. Andrey Pushkar, UKR

4. Farid Usmanov, UZB

5. Travis Bagent, USA

6. Ron Bath, USA

7. Richard Lupkes, USA

8. Tim Bresnan, USA

9. Normunds Tomsons, LAT

10. Michael Todd, USA

I have to say I am a little suprised by the result's I have met John Brzenk he is a class guy he has alway's taken defeat as so congrad's to Devon Larrett !!!! :D

I am a little surprised but not a lot. Devon just keeps getting better and better, and he already gave Brzenk a good fight in 2006. Plus Brzenk said he would get kileld by Devon and hasn't been training much.

As for who could beat Devon, once Richard Lupkes heals I would like to see him pull Devon or what if Dave Randall came back? Denis vs. Devon would be fun to watch as well. I think Devon would beat Lupkes.

i just saw some picstures of john vs devon and devon is a monster. not just his arms the guys just getting ridiculus lol :D

I saw those, too! On inthehook.com it says Devon has 15" forearms and 17" biceps but I think those must be old stats. I would estimate that Devon's forearms and biceps are both near 18" though I could be wrong. What do you think? In that pic of him flexing his forearms look about the same size as his biceps do to me at least, and they were bigger than John's.

Edited by Josh H

i saw them on the milton keynes website. seach mk arm wrestling into google and it should be the top link. sorry i dont know the link exactly lol. you have to register but once u do click on gallery then british then guest

Unbelievable performance by Devon :rock Devon seems like a super nice guy in his videos; if someone is going to beat John, glad it was him.

Is it me or is it John B. 's been taking AW too casually lately? I meant he lost to Ron Bath, Lupkes, Tim B. ...lately. I he went to Europa event 2 weeks or so prior to his match vs Larrat. For me it is too casually an approach for such a puller of Larrat's level. He'd complained about wrist problem but never stop competing. I think he need 4-6 mothns for Larrat, who has been quitely building up his power up north wiith no matches. I think he needs to rest and recovers in order to go back to the level he was in '06 at 230lbs . I am a fitness trainer and I feel he got burned out with too many matches w/o proper recovery in between, but maybe It's just me. Maybe he behaves like Elvis Presley... YOu know making a lot of movies that he did not need to make.

Brzenk probably isn't training as much as he used to, but the Europa was 4 weeks before the match with Devon. That was back before the match was even confirmed. About 2 weeks before it he went to the Nevada State Championships (where he won, btw), but that's two weeks. More than enough time to rest. I usually take only 1-2 (perferably 2) days off of lifting before a tournament, and feel fine. Most people take a week. 2 weeks is plenty of time to be fully rested.