Gpp W/sandbag

Guest indi

ive searched around already and gathered information but ive a few questions remaining, so if people could fill me in, itd be great.

long story chort, i wanna do some sandbag gpp once a week (i do sprints on another day also). already got a sandbag set (i can vary the weight from 5kg-120kg by 5kgincrements with relative ease)

aim: just get in a little better shape, and have fun at the same time! (jogging SUCKS)

figured id do something along the lines of:

bearhug carry

carry bag on left shoulder

carry bag on right shoulder

bridal carry

(all for 50ft, turn, then 50ft again)

and then repeat a few times.

questions:

-how long should the duration be? im guessin 10-15 mins? any more? less?

-when carrying, should i be aiming to move as fast as possible from A to B, or just walking at a set pace?

-is this sufficient, or can/should i be performing other types of carries, or anything else with the sandbag?

any help/advice/criticism would be appreciated :cool

Combat core has some great exercises in it from the Dieselcrew.com

you can just shoulder left, drop it down, shoulder it right, drop it down etc. that takes it out of you, bearhug squats, lunges etc. there are many things, just build up the intensity. Watched a program before the olympics about one of our rowers and im sure he had built up to one hour of carries with his sandbag.

Best "conditioning" training I've done with a sandbag has been: 1) Shoulder 50 reps in 20 minutes, 2) Carry for 1/2 mile. Both whipped my lazy butt. Done consistently and with an eye towards poundage progression will make a man of you.

really, anything you do, slow or fast, moving or stationary, will help with a sandbag.

stairs are a great addition to the sand bag