Into My First Tourney.

Chris Mathison

I took 2nd place out of 7-8 in HWY right hand. I didnt pull left because it didnt feel good after warmups. 1 guy beat me and he was very very good. I won all my other matches. It was fun and I learned alot. I hope to start practicing and do more tourneys when it doesnt interfere with strongman. Thanks for the help everyone

Congratulations! :rock

Joe, in what sense are you talking about Remer being a bad boy? Do you mean he was a badass at armwrestling? If this is the case, he is all done with the sport and I have talked to him on the phone and he will not come back, Harold Ryden has talked to him as well. On the other hand, Dave invites Rhett to one practice, Rhett considers it and decided to come, and Marty jumps back into it on his own, wihtout any coaxing.

Perhaps you were talking about something else, but I hope to see you at the ROTN. You can lose 10 lbs in a month if you really want to I'm sure. I will go in medal class 165 lbs.

Edited by Josh H

I took 2nd place out of 7-8 in HWY right hand. I didnt pull left because it didnt feel good after warmups. 1 guy beat me and he was very very good. I won all my other matches. It was fun and I learned alot. I hope to start practicing and do more tourneys when it doesnt interfere with strongman. Thanks for the help everyone

I'd guess it will, but work through it. I will make sure to call you when I am back that direction and we can grapple a bit. Should be fun.

Nice job, too.

I'd guess it will, but work through it. I will make sure to call you when I am back that direction and we can grapple a bit. Should be fun.

Nice job, too.

Ya.. You might be right about it interfering.. Focus will always be strongman but... I love grip training as well. Can't do without either of them. I would be offended if you didnt get ahold of me if you are around here or in MN. by then I will most likely have a table as well.

Joe, in what sense are you talking about Remer being a bad boy? Do you mean he was a badass at armwrestling? If this is the case, he is all done with the sport and I have talked to him on the phone and he will not come back, Harold Ryden has talked to him as well. On the other hand, Dave invites Rhett to one practice, Rhett considers it and decided to come, and Marty jumps back into it on his own, wihtout any coaxing.

Perhaps you were talking about something else, but I hope to see you at the ROTN. You can lose 10 lbs in a month if you really want to I'm sure. I will go in medal class 165 lbs.

By bad boy, I meant he was a good arm wrestler. I didn't mean anything

negative. If my memory serves me correctly, Jason Remer is in a few of

the Arm Bender Magazines of that time frame. You mentioned Jason beating

Brzenk one time in your post. That makes anyone a bad ass at AW.

Yes, I can lose 10 lbs. in a month. What I can't get in a month is the power I need

to compete with those guys in 198. There's some really good pullers at 198. James

Smith (I heard he's done, family problems), Dan Wittle, Kyle Norman (training partner),

Chris Chandler, etc. I still might go though. I have a ride. I just got to make up my mind

to go or not.

What's your last name Josh?

Mighty Joe

By bad boy, I meant he was a good arm wrestler. I didn't mean anything

negative. If my memory serves me correctly, Jason Remer is in a few of

the Arm Bender Magazines of that time frame. You mentioned Jason beating

Brzenk one time in your post. That makes anyone a bad ass at AW.

Yes, I can lose 10 lbs. in a month. What I can't get in a month is the power I need

to compete with those guys in 198. There's some really good pullers at 198. James

Smith (I heard he's done, family problems), Dan Wittle, Kyle Norman (training partner),

Chris Chandler, etc. I still might go though. I have a ride. I just got to make up my mind

to go or not.

What's your last name Josh?

Mighty Joe

Okay then I got you, Remer is no longer a bad boy though as explained in my last post. My last name is Handeland, and you wouldn't want to go in the medal class if you don't think you're good enough for cash class? There ain't no shame in competing in the medal class, imho, considering the greatness of the competitiors in the cash class. But alright maybe I'll see you there.

Edited by Josh H

Here are some videos, they are not all of me and Chris but they are videos that I took at the tournament of lots of people because I know lots of the guys who show up to these local tournaments. Me and Chris are in them too:

Nice job, too.

Ya.. You might be right about it interfering.. Focus will always be strongman but... I love grip training as well. Can't do without either of them. I would be offended if you didnt get ahold of me if you are around here or in MN. by then I will most likely have a table as well.

I built one just for the hell of it...did I ever send the pic to your phone? I'll likely buy one once I decide AW is something I wanna do for real (as in actual try it...heh).

Somebody should have turned the lights on ;)

You could see fine in the bar, but my camera needs a lot of light to take great videos, otherwise they turn out darkish but you can see see most of the matches alright.