"time" For A New List?

wscorpion

There's no need to worry about length, stronger steel always wins, regardless of length. It's up to the individual to bend the bigger steel.

So a 7" piece of 5/16 Stainless will beat an Insane bastard?

As a bender of both of em I will gladly say that I never wanna have to bend another Insane Bastard unless I'm being held at gunpoint and forced to. I'll gladly bend shiny's every single day of my life though :tongue:laugh

I would agree with that assessment. I liken a shiny to a nice after dinner mint and the insane to full can of Bear deterrent pepper spray used for a tickle in your throat.

- Aaron

HAHAHAH....pause....HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! :laugh:tongue:laugh:tongue

btw I still have a bunch of insane shiny's if anybody would like to try some out.

I'll gladly give the insane shiny a ride!! :devil

PM me your address Fox and I'll send you some out. I was just using them for kink and sweep work on the Insane Bastard.

From my point of view, my cert lists will stay as they are for a couple of reasons:

a) I certainly don't have time to watch a 15 min vid, sometimes if I haven't watched certs for 2-3 weeks (sometimes a month) I have 30-40 certs to watch. Even if I fast forward through the wrap, once I see it's standard, I'm usually watching a 2-4 min vid on average. If you do the math, that equals a lot of time... :D .

b) after the one time I tried to make a small change in the rules regarding WC bends, I decided that I would not ever change them as I didn't need the headache.

c) with my wife returning to school, I've kind of become a single dad, and until next year when my son starts full day school, my time is even more limited, so I certainly can't add a whole new category with really long vids.

On the positive, it amazes me what bending has become, and what you guys are accomplishing, Stuff I never thought anyone would bend after I started & got a feel for it is now commonplace, and the high end of things (which is well above the commonly amazing level) is incredible.

I'm all for someone else running a cert list for longer bends, but I just can't do it.

Right on John. Your cert lists will always be well respected. The longer time limit sure won't take it over, but it's just a little spice you might say.

From my point of view, my cert lists will stay as they are for a couple of reasons:

a) I certainly don't have time to watch a 15 min vid, sometimes if I haven't watched certs for 2-3 weeks (sometimes a month) I have 30-40 certs to watch. Even if I fast forward through the wrap, once I see it's standard, I'm usually watching a 2-4 min vid on average. If you do the math, that equals a lot of time... :D .

b) after the one time I tried to make a small change in the rules regarding WC bends, I decided that I would not ever change them as I didn't need the headache.

c) with my wife returning to school, I've kind of become a single dad, and until next year when my son starts full day school, my time is even more limited, so I certainly can't add a whole new category with really long vids.

On the positive, it amazes me what bending has become, and what you guys are accomplishing, Stuff I never thought anyone would bend after I started & got a feel for it is now commonplace, and the high end of things (which is well above the commonly amazing level) is incredible.

I'm all for someone else running a cert list for longer bends, but I just can't do it.

John, your lists are great as they are, no reason to change that ;)

Like I said before, I don't mean a certification list, I mean a top 20 list.

So one can be kicked off the list by a better bend, unlike with a certification.

For a certification I fully agree, no way a 15 minute video would be interesting. Especially not with the average bends.

But for a top 20 list where only the best benders can aim for would be well worth the time to view those videos since they would be the most amazing bends! :rock

John, your lists are great as they are, no reason to change that ;)

Like I said before, I don't mean a certification list, I mean a top 20 list.

So one can be kicked off the list by a better bend, unlike with a certification.

For a certification I fully agree, no way a 15 minute video would be interesting. Especially not with the average bends.

But for a top 20 list where only the best benders can aim for would be well worth the time to view those videos since they would be the most amazing bends! :rock

well said mark......i think this is the next evolution to bending big iron