Finally Closed My 3.17-hg300!

Magnus

How do I know how tough it is? What I do know is that my BC200 was tough when I first got it, then the 250 felt alot tougher than I would have imagined it to be, and then the 300 was literally a bear trap. I'm only 16, so an easy 300 might feel harder to me than it may to others. Can I determine the difficulty by the spread or something like that? The coil looks damn fat.

You'd have to RGC-calibrate it, which is what I did to mine. Spring size is the same on them, and the spread won't really affect the overall strength of the gripper (though it makes it harder to set), so the RGC is really the only way to compare them. But, what are some of your other grip feats besides grippers?

Hey Grippster I am 16 aswell, I can close the HG 250, but right now im working on mastering it with my left hand aswell.

The BC 400 and 500 were to hard for me because of the spread, not necessarily the strength of the gripper. I cant even do negatives on them as I cannot set it. Also what I noticed is these BC 400 and 500 are different then the other BC grippers because it seems as that they have no knurling so it slips alot. Anyways thats my opinion. The other BC grippers are ok though, although a few of them lost their handles.

How do I know how tough it is? What I do know is that my BC200 was tough when I first got it, then the 250 felt alot tougher than I would have imagined it to be, and then the 300 was literally a bear trap. I'm only 16, so an easy 300 might feel harder to me than it may to others. Can I determine the difficulty by the spread or something like that? The coil looks damn fat.

You'd have to RGC-calibrate it, which is what I did to mine. Spring size is the same on them, and the spread won't really affect the overall strength of the gripper (though it makes it harder to set), so the RGC is really the only way to compare them. But, what are some of your other grip feats besides grippers?

I'm gotta try putting my pliers in the calibrating to see how tough they are lol. Some of my other grip feats? Well I don't really know what I can do for pinching and bending because I'm relatively new at this and I haven't tried any of the other stuff that much. When I work with drywall, I know the sheets can be pretty heavy (maybe 70 lbs or so) and I do a lot of pinching with those things. It's pretty hard cause drywall has a paper covering which means you have to hold on harder so it doesn't slip. Also you can't drop it or it will crack, so it gets tiring. I do this all the time when I work, is that good or not bad?

Hey Grippster I am 16 aswell, I can close the HG 250, but right now im working on mastering it with my left hand aswell.

The BC 400 and 500 were to hard for me because of the spread, not necessarily the strength of the gripper. I cant even do negatives on them as I cannot set it. Also what I noticed is these BC 400 and 500 are different then the other BC grippers because it seems as that they have no knurling so it slips alot. Anyways thats my opinion. The other BC grippers are ok though, although a few of them lost their handles.

The more the gripper slips around in your hand the harder you have to squeeze it to move it. I used to have one of my grippers taped before my hands got tough enough to deal with the sharp knurling, and when I took the tape off my 250 I suddenly found it much easier. Almost like I was cheating or something. I haven't got my 400&500 package yet so I can't really comment on how I would use them, but are you saying the handles are bare, like no knurling at all?

I'm gotta try putting my pliers in the calibrating to see how tough they are lol. Some of my other grip feats? Well I don't really know what I can do for pinching and bending because I'm relatively new at this and I haven't tried any of the other stuff that much. When I work with drywall, I know the sheets can be pretty heavy (maybe 70 lbs or so) and I do a lot of pinching with those things. It's pretty hard cause drywall has a paper covering which means you have to hold on harder so it doesn't slip. Also you can't drop it or it will crack, so it gets tiring. I do this all the time when I work, is that good or not bad?

Dude, that stuff is GOOD. I do that exact same thing..., OSB, concrete blocks, smashed slabs of side-walks and slate and stuff. That's really good for the grip. As a matter of fact, I've been doing more of it recently, and I think it's really improved my grip.

I think the avg. set of pliers is around a 3.21 :D

Edited by Magnus

Yeah, Magnus sure does have one tough 300 :blink None of my grippers are calibrated, but I have enough of a collection by now that I can make a decent progression level for myself. My HG 300 is easier than my #3, and a bit harder than my RB260N. RGC number? Based on what I've heard, probably 130's to 140's, but who knows? It's still good for training.

Dude, that stuff is GOOD. I do that exact same thing..., OSB, concrete blocks, smashed slabs of side-walks and slate and stuff. That's really good for the grip. As a matter of fact, I've been doing more of it recently, and I think it's really improved my grip.

After a weekend of holding drywall there's no question my grip feels stronger. Work is really the best way to build strength. Mechanics from the older days who didn't have automatic tools were beasts, especially in the grip department from pulling on wrenchs all the time.

lol you wish. I would guess mine are at least the equivlent to an HG500. When I get my bone crusher 500 I'll be able to say whether or not it's harder or easier. I just have a feeling that by the time I can close a 400 I still won't be able to budge the pliers. I've put them in a vice before and I was able to see just how much pressure it takes to bend them a bit.