Superhuman: Superstrong

raikkonen

travis owned voevoda left handed at vendetta. then voevoda training with denis some time after? he could hold denis itl ooked like left handed.

thanks for posting the vid jimwylie1

travis owned voevoda left handed at vendetta. then voevoda training with denis some time after? he could hold denis itl ooked like left handed.

thanks for posting the vid jimwylie1

You're right, Travis totally destroyed Voevoda left handed, and in the video he does indeed hold Cyplenkov left handed a few times in training and appears to "beat" him right handed at one point.

However as has been pointed out in plenty of places, in the training video which as raikkonen states is much later, Voevoda is carrying MUCH less muscle mass than when he was at his arm wrestling "peak" a few years ago i.e when he beat Brzenk the once right handed and Travis beat him repeatedly left handed at the Vendetta, so if he can hold Cyplenkov in that state, it's plausible he could have beat him when at his best.

We'd have to get an answer from Voevoda himself as to how strong Cyplenkov really is in lieu of some more matches against ranked competitors to determine more accurately how he'd fare against Travis (who's probably training like crazy right now to beat Cyplenkov).

I saw Corey Miller beat quite a few guys with his speed on top of his strength. Flash his opponent before they can react to it. I think Travis can do the same thing to Dennis C. Travis is not going inside with Dennis any way

Travis is very fast, but speed can only do so much. Those guys Corey beats are close enough to him in strength that they cannot slow his speed down before they get pinned. Put Corey against a slower but much stronger opponent who can catch him and he won't win just because of his faster hit. I have seen Travis get the jump on his opponents and still lose pretty much as soon at they catch him.

For example, Travis speed did little to help him in this match:

Denis is way stronger than Travis, if he catches him at all it won't matter. And Travis won't purposely go inside with Denis, but maybe Denis will be able to turn him in.

Like others here already told you Josh. You seemed never get your point true. You always mixed up you examples when you compare using a pictures. I kinda like big guy like Dennis for sheer fun of seeing huge man, and he is indeed powerful. But Alexey could hold Dennis for few seconds left hand while he was so far from top form, then Travis who is much stronger then Alexey left hand, can flash Dennis. This is Arm Wrestling, to wrestle means you use certain skill to implement your power. Such as in wrestling (Greco Roman or frees style ex) strongest guy may not always prevail if he has lousy technic. Travis has much better tactical skills than Dennis and experience to boot.

I kinda like big guy like Dennis for sheer fun of seeing huge man, and he is indeed powerful.

He's certainly the freakiest guy I've ever seen and I agree, there's the entertainment factor in rooting for him but size isn't everything.

downlaoded that clip. will put it on youtube for those who cant see it outside UK etc. i dunno but at the beginning you see travis vs devon left handed (from arm wars 11 maybe?) and hes just toying with larrot

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=QvS6jksToPM

look not fari nto it to see denis hand with semerenkos and compare the size lol

Edited by raikkonen

That was right handed though. He even flashes voevoda left handed.

I know, but it still justifies the point that I was making, which is speed alone may not be enough to give Travis the win.

Josh,

You talk about Travis as if he is not strong. And Dennis is MUCH stronger then Travis. All the clips and matches you show are him Right handed. You do realize that Travis is Left Handed. He is MUCH stronger left as he is Right. I would bet that Travis will keep Dennis Flat handed and his hit will take him directly to the pad. Unfortunately, Travis and PAL dont get along to well. So I would not expect this to happen any time soon.

How do I talk about Travis as if he is not strong? You yoursewlf just admitted that Denis is much stronger than Travis, which is the same thing that I said. I only showed one match, so I don't know where "all" the clips and matches are, but if you had read my post, you would have realized that my point was that speed alone may not be enough; I even said, directly above the link, "For example, Travis speed did little to help him in this match". I have no doubt that Travis is much stronger with his left, but Cyplenkov's is, too, and he smashed Semerenko with his right hand.

Like others here already told you Josh. You seemed never get your point true. You always mixed up you examples when you compare using a pictures. I kinda like big guy like Dennis for sheer fun of seeing huge man, and he is indeed powerful. But Alexey could hold Dennis for few seconds left hand while he was so far from top form, then Travis who is much stronger then Alexey left hand, can flash Dennis. This is Arm Wrestling, to wrestle means you use certain skill to implement your power. Such as in wrestling (Greco Roman or frees style ex) strongest guy may not always prevail if he has lousy technic. Travis has much better tactical skills than Dennis and experience to boot.

I used pictures? I was unaware that I posted links to any pictures in this thread, would you care to explain what you are talking about? And Voevoda stood no chance against Denis. If you watch the video again, Voevoda even used 2 hands against Denin's 1 and he cannot move him. And that was just practice and doesn't really justify anything anyways. People keep talking about technique will work against Cyplenkov. Was this the case with Pushkar? He certainly has more technique than Cyplenkov does as he has been armwrestling a lot longer and more frequently than Cyplenkov. Did technique help when Semerenko pulled Cyplenkov? Cyplenkov has a trainer, he has learned technique from Voevoda, and he has been armwrestling for 4+ years so don't think that his technique is lousy. All the Europeans on the NE message board are saying that Denis is unstoppable - all the americans say that Bagent can beta him for sure. Seems like somebody is being biased, and considering that no american (that I know of) has ever even pulled Denis I think the Europeans probably are more likely to know what they are talking about.

Josh, picture or video whatever...The comparision was about left hand but you use a video with Travis using right hand in a match. That won't prove your point at all. When you use 2 hands the way Alexey did vs Dennis, you only use your 2 biceps to hold against the hold arm, but you still have only 1 wrist against Dennis. This is how I showed it to my friends and beat them 2 hands. It looked as if you are twice as strong doing that. But in truth you're not. 2 hands that way really limit you from using your forearm rotation while your wrist is vunerable still. Dennis stil has to be very strong indeed. I saw Devon L. beat another AWer in practice while the man was holding his extra hand (free in the air) by cupping his whole left palm over both of their hands, yet Devon still pulled thru. That for me was powerful, much more than they way you saw Dennis vs Alexey video. Watch it in : In the hook video with Devon

having done semi-pro boxing for the past three years, I can tell you that about half of the sport is psyching out your opponent, just as there is trash talking done in the ring, I don't see why it would be any different in arm wresting. It may be annoying and childish behavior, but if it makes his opponent think about anything other than his game plan, then it is worth it to look childish if it means winning.

Josh, picture or video whatever...The comparision was about left hand but you use a video with Travis using right hand in a match. That won't prove your point at all. When you use 2 hands the way Alexey did vs Dennis, you only use your 2 biceps to hold against the hold arm, but you still have only 1 wrist against Dennis. This is how I showed it to my friends and beat them 2 hands. It looked as if you are twice as strong doing that. But in truth you're not. 2 hands that way really limit you from using your forearm rotation while your wrist is vunerable still. Dennis stil has to be very strong indeed. I saw Devon L. beat another AWer in practice while the man was holding his extra hand (free in the air) by cupping his whole left palm over both of their hands, yet Devon still pulled thru. That for me was powerful, much more than they way you saw Dennis vs Alexey video. Watch it in : In the hook video with Devon

Yes, but I was specifically talking about speed when posting the video of Travis B. right handed. Sorry I saw again and Voevoda was using 2 hands against Cyplenkov's right arm and still couldn't move him. I know using 2 arms doesn't make you twice as strong or good but it is an advantage over using 1 hand. If you watch the video that raikkonen posted, you will see that Voevoda stood NO chance against Cyplenkov left handed but Travis and Cyplenkov both trashed him so I don't think we can say who would win from that video alone either way. I have seen the video with Larratt before and yes it is very impressive. I can't remember the details of the match but I doubt the guy Larratt went against is on Voevoda's level, however, even if Voevoda is not in his prime. And Larratt is one of the best - possible the best - right handed armwrester in the world right now, I believe.

i dont think its too much of an advantage. the person using 2 arms cannot rly win, the purpose is to just hold on for hell. so the person attackin can have a little more resistance while also having and using hand control etc.

remebmer josh. speed power and strength. you need 2 of these to get the 3rd one. ive seen a few vids with travis (right handed) and ive seen him litterly be just 1 mm away from pinning them and they catch his hit and pin him the enxt milisecond. but he is left handed. and im sure travis only really cares about his left hand.

tbh josh, watch the training video in full. even people at the time said voevodas left toproll could take denis c to the pad. i dunno if its true, wel never know.

i just saw 3 matchs from arm wars x1. the first 2 (left handed match's) travis put devon down like taht. in the 3rd one (i tihnk its the 3rd) he let him get into a hook i think, and toyed with him abit, then pinned him a milisecond later. travis has such power and strength in his left arm, so much more sigificant than his right arm.travis is a lefty, so maybe better to judge him by his left.

on the video, he trained his left arm, basically he was standing up with some harness around his hand and forearm, and he put his arm in the arm wrestling psotiion but in mid air, and pulled 2 giant guys who puleld as hard as they could, and he pulled them across the gym. wicked stuff. the money maker as he said =)

then he did some pull up holds, not sure if someone was pulling ihm down or he had wight on him

some quotes by travis...

'im not alwasy the strongest...but im alwasy the smartest.i like to control the match mentally'

'i do whatever i can to get his mind off his plan of attack'

'even his ungodly strength couldnt get him through' (talkin about vendetta vs voevoda)

'theres no way devon has any chance against me' (talkin about his upcoming match vs devon left handed)

'his hopes and dreams are way stronger than reality '(talkin about his competitors)

'devond larrat, i cant beleive ive gotta even sweat to pull this guy'

'we dont alwasy get a good stage liek this..em so itl be a good sight to see me crusify devon later' (talkin about the trafford centre)

' you see this guy, this guys a bum' (talkin about devon when on stage)

"you can beat this guy, you tihnk you couldnt, you could beat this guy' (talkin to the crowd)

'i told you he cant beat me, me came up here for all this'

'i could probably of beaten that guy 6 months ago with me on thew couch' (talkin post match)

'hes right, i do think im superior, and by far the greatest arm wrestler that ever lived'

'i have no problem losing..it just hasnt happened yet'

'he acts obnoxious, but, you know, travis is travis arm wrestling, off stage hes a totaly different guy, andi f you dont know him, you either lvoe him or you ahte him' (his wife comments on him)

QUOTE (bob brown @ Sep 5 2008, 03:50 PM) *

Josh,

You talk about Travis as if he is not strong. And Dennis is MUCH stronger then Travis. All the clips and matches you show are him Right handed. You do realize that Travis is Left Handed. He is MUCH stronger left as he is Right. I would bet that Travis will keep Dennis Flat handed and his hit will take him directly to the pad. Unfortunately, Travis and PAL dont get along to well. So I would not expect this to happen any time soon.

How do I talk about Travis as if he is not strong? You yoursewlf just admitted that Denis is much stronger than Travis,

I think Bob meant to put a comma instead of a fullstop, i.e You talk about Travis if he is not strong, and Denis is MUCH stronger than Travis.....

remebmer josh. speed power and strength. you need 2 of these to get the 3rd one. ive seen a few vids with travis (right handed) and ive seen him litterly be just 1 mm away from pinning them and they catch his hit and pin him the enxt milisecond. but he is left handed. and im sure travis only really cares about his left hand.

If he only cared about his left hand, why would he even go right handed, and even do supermatches right handed? Just because he is better with his left doesn't mean he doesn't care about his right.

tbh josh, watch the training video in full. even people at the time said voevodas left toproll could take denis c to the pad. i dunno if its true, wel never know.

Who were these people? The video is in Russian so I have no idea what they are saying. But by the time the training is over and Cyplenkov faces Artem Klimenko, people are saying tha his left is unstoppable, including Artem himself.

i just saw 3 matchs from arm wars x1. the first 2 (left handed match's) travis put devon down like taht. in the 3rd one (i tihnk its the 3rd) he let him get into a hook i think, and toyed with him abit, then pinned him a milisecond later. travis has such power and strength in his left arm, so much more sigificant than his right arm.travis is a lefty, so maybe better to judge him by his left.

In the hook he didn't toy with him. On the NE board people said he went into a hook to give Devon a chance and I thought Devon won 1 of the matches? Maybe I'll have to watch again, but I remember this much. "Devon's nt a left handed armwrestler."

on the video, he trained his left arm, basically he was standing up with some harness around his hand and forearm, and he put his arm in the arm wrestling psotiion but in mid air, and pulled 2 giant guys who puleld as hard as they could, and he pulled them across the gym. wicked stuff. the money maker as he said =)

then he did some pull up holds, not sure if someone was pulling ihm down or he had wight on him

I'm sorry. Who is it who did this?

some quotes by travis...

'im not alwasy the strongest...but im alwasy the smartest.i like to control the match mentally'

'i do whatever i can to get his mind off his plan of attack'

'even his ungodly strength couldnt get him through' (talkin about vendetta vs voevoda)

'theres no way devon has any chance against me' (talkin about his upcoming match vs devon left handed)

'his hopes and dreams are way stronger than reality '(talkin about his competitors)

'devond larrat, i cant beleive ive gotta even sweat to pull this guy'

'we dont alwasy get a good stage liek this..em so itl be a good sight to see me crusify devon later' (talkin about the trafford centre)

' you see this guy, this guys a bum' (talkin about devon when on stage)

"you can beat this guy, you tihnk you couldnt, you could beat this guy' (talkin to the crowd)

'i told you he cant beat me, me came up here for all this'

'i could probably of beaten that guy 6 months ago with me on thew couch' (talkin post match)

'hes right, i do think im superior, and by far the greatest arm wrestler that ever lived'

'i have no problem losing..it just hasnt happened yet'

'he acts obnoxious, but, you know, travis is travis arm wrestling, off stage hes a totaly different guy, andi f you dont know him, you either lvoe him or you ahte him' (his wife comments on him)

Ok. Good quotes but like you said hate him or love him, he does talk a lot of smack and usually proves up but that doesn't mean he is NEVER wrong, and that he cannot be beaten.

I think Bob meant to put a comma instead of a fullstop, i.e You talk about Travis if he is not strong, and Denis is MUCH stronger than Travis.....

If so, yes, I think he is much stronger than Travis is in terms of all-around strength. I have also seen a 200 lbs armwrestler beat Travis in a hook, left handed. So I think Denis's hook is leagues ahead of Travis's. Travis even says his hook is weak. Do I think Travis has a chance against Denis? Absolutely. Do I think he can toproll Denis? I'm not sure. I can see the match going either way but side with Denis, only time will tell however.

by saying he only cared about his left i meant he is a lefty so this is the arm he cares most about, comon no need to be a smartallik

it was someone who commented on the training with voevoda vs denis c. it was on one of these forums actually i think, maybe not. you can see in the vid that voevoda look like he could take him, well, imo anyway, but thast all i have =)

emmm and about travis in the hook with devon. youve just answered your own comment more or less. have u sene any footage of the left handed match devon vs travis? cause hwen i saw it it looked like travis went in the hook with him to give him a chance, aka toy with him. travis knew he was never gonna lose it, it was a walk in the park for him like he said before the match. just read some of the quotes that i posted here.

'usually proves up but that doesn't mean he is NEVER wrong, and that he cannot be beaten.'

stop taking things so literally lol

josh h 'So I think Denis's hook is leagues ahead of Travis's. Travis even says his hook is weak. Do I think Travis has a chance against Denis? Absolutely. Do I think he can toproll Denis? I'm not sure'

so if you dont think his toproll cant beat him, and his hook is not strong, can u explain how he will beat him if you tihnk he has a chance. cause its quite min baffling tbh

Edited by raikkonen

by saying he only cared about his left i meant he is a lefty so this is the arm he cares most about, comon no need to be a smartallik

it was someone who commented on the training with voevoda vs denis c. it was on one of these forums actually i think, maybe not. you can see in the vid that voevoda look like he could take him, well, imo anyway, but thast all i have =)

emmm and about travis in the hook with devon. youve just answered your own comment more or less. have u sene any footage of the left handed match devon vs travis? cause hwen i saw it it looked like travis went in the hook with him to give him a chance, aka toy with him. travis knew he was never gonna lose it, it was a walk in the park for him like he said before the match. just read some of the quotes that i posted here.

'usually proves up but that doesn't mean he is NEVER wrong, and that he cannot be beaten.'

stop taking things so literally lol

josh h 'So I think Denis's hook is leagues ahead of Travis's. Travis even says his hook is weak. Do I think Travis has a chance against Denis? Absolutely. Do I think he can toproll Denis? I'm not sure'

so if you dont think his toproll cant beat him, and his hook is not strong, can u explain how he will beat him if you tihnk he has a chance. cause its quite min baffling tbh

You can see that Voevoda looked like he can tak him? Lol, mind telling me why, if Vovoda can take Cyplenkov, why he "let" Cyplenkov take him in 2 seconds? How is that going to give Cyplenkov practice? And why did he have to use 2 arms just to stop Cyplenkov's 1? I understand using 2 arms in the way Voevoda did won't help Voevoda get Cyplenkov to the pad, but it definitely helps with Voevoda's defense. If Voevoda could take Cyplenkov, how come all the Europeans on the NE board say Cyplenkov is unstoppable, and cannot be toprolled?

I saw the match between Devon and Travis soon after it happened. You're right in a sense that he hooked Devon to give him a chance but they way said it made it seem like Travis easily beat Devon when hooking.

'so if you dont think his toproll cant beat him, and his hook is not strong, can u explain how he will beat him if you tihnk he has a chance'

I said I wasn't sure if Travis could toproll Denis. Not sure doesn't mean don't think he can. It means not sure. I don't know, undecided. Meaning also maybe Travis can toproll him, I'm not sure if he can toproll Denis, and am also not sure if he can't toproll Denis. The toproll is how he would beat Denis, well, a combination of toproll and speed.

I was being sarcastic and repeating your thoughts.

I think that if you are measuring hooks than Denis is stronger than Travis. But not as much as you think. Also as any toproller would say, "Who cares about your hook if can't get me there"

Now if you are measuring back pressure and wrist than IMO Travis is stronger than Dennis. I don't think that Dennis could stop Travis' hit.

And for your knowledge, A "HIT" is not only about speed, it is also about power.

I am curious, In your opinion, If AW "A" beats "B" and "B" beats "C" does that mean that "A" beats "C".

I was being sarcastic and repeating your thoughts.

I think that if you are measuring hooks than Denis is stronger than Travis. But not as much as you think. Also as any toproller would say, "Who cares about your hook if can't get me there"

Now if you are measuring back pressure and wrist than IMO Travis is stronger than Dennis. I don't think that Dennis could stop Travis' hit.

And for your knowledge, A "HIT" is not only about speed, it is also about power.

I am curious, In your opinion, If AW "A" beats "B" and "B" beats "C" does that mean that "A" beats "C".

How do you think Travis would do against Denis in a hook, left handed, then? And you could use that quote the other way, too, who cares about a toproll if you can't get me there?

I agree that Travis has more rotational strength than Denis does, but am not sure whether Travis's rotation strength beats Denis's wrist curling strength or not.

As for your question, no, I don't believe that. However, if A toys with B and B barely beats C then I would say it is highly likely that A could beat C, assumign they have never gone against each other before and we don't have anything else to go by. Out of curiouslty, has anyone even slowed down Travis left handed in the past couple years?

As far as I have learned if a very good top roller want to top roll a hooker he will get it. I've talked to a very good toprollers in S. Cal when at Les Rollman's home about it. And his answer was "I will get it period" . Think about it: at starting position flat wrist always favors top roller. When the wrist is slightly turned it could go either ways. YOu can shoot in for a hook but I am not sure Dennis C. is that experienced on the table against a superb top roller like Travis. WAF rules say you start with flat wrist. So what do you think? Remember Travis almost toprolled DEvon L. right hand with his speedy hit recently. It was like 1/4 inch from the pad or so. With left hand wow, I can't imagine Dennis can recover enough. And his TRavis's mind game it would confuse Dennis. But it's not to say Dennis will lose for sure. I am sure he 's been training like mad for Sloty Tur

Edited by fightertrainer

I agree that Travis has more rotational strength than Denis does, but am not sure whether Travis's rotation strength beats Denis's wrist curling strength or not.

to be honest. they havnt puleld yet. so no you dont know. denis could pull out a surprise, so could travis.

p.s. be the time denis thinks about curling travis's wrist, travis will of pinned him 6 times already :D :D =)