Superhuman: Superstrong

raikkonen

"Arm wrestler Travis Bagent could quite possibly be the most annoying man in the world. He plays mind games with his opponents, strutting around the stage telling everyone how fantastic he is. He must have studied footage of Muhammad Ali as a small child. I really wanted his Canadian opponent Devon Larratt to "whoop his ass" as they settled in to their world championship match at Manchester's Trafford Centre, but sadly Travis was victorious in the end with three straight... umm... wins. Whatever you call a win in an arm wrestle. Guess he'll have to keep looking for an opponent with an even stranger name that can beat him."

well something was on TV last night in England (2nd sept) and apprently travis was in it. this is what the writer of an article put about him., also in it were other strong people, magnuson, this karate guy but i missed it. anyone think theyve seen this?

I think he's good for the sport and friends of mine that aren't even into armwrestling, remember his name and bring it up with me when they see me, if they've recently seen him on tv or something.

On a side note, as far as Travis's comments: Christian Binnie put a post on the NE Board something to the effec of how Travis has told him before that prior to their match, he was going to cheat him (something to do with squaring the shoulders) and there wasn't anything he could do about it and then would go out there and do it :D As a proud member of the Feat Cheaters Club, I love a good technician! :rock

I watched the program, the karate guy was most impressive doing a karate chop through a redicilous amount of concrete. They also showed this impressive young ukranian girl think she was like 18, she could at 15 years old get her mum and dad on her back and do a squat whilst holding 2 pretty heavy kettlebells or something, looked impressive.

"Arm wrestler Travis Bagent could quite possibly be the most annoying man in the world. He plays mind games with his opponents, strutting around the stage telling everyone how fantastic he is. He must have studied footage of Muhammad Ali as a small child. I really wanted his Canadian opponent Devon Larratt to "whoop his ass" as they settled in to their world championship match at Manchester's Trafford Centre, but sadly Travis was victorious in the end with three straight... umm... wins. Whatever you call a win in an arm wrestle. Guess he'll have to keep looking for an opponent with an even stranger name that can beat him."

well something was on TV last night in England (2nd sept) and apprently travis was in it. this is what the writer of an article put about him., also in it were other strong people, magnuson, this karate guy but i missed it. anyone think theyve seen this?

Ryan Espey could do it very soon. Devon isn't left-handed, but Ryan is. :coolhttp://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn9dJwaJB2c He's the monster on the left side of the table, that slaps his own face. He took first place left and right at the 2008 Canadian Nationals. I got "schooled" by him and Len Houghton at Best in the West in Red Deer. Ryan taught me some technique after the tournament. Good times.

I hope to see Cyplenkov vs. Bagent soon. Maybe at Zloty Tur this year?

I could be wrong here, but I'll go out on a limb and predict that Cyplenkov

won't hardly feel Bagent left handed. Dennis will stop Travis' hit right handed

and then like a freight train pull him straight across for the pin.

Question: Does anyone know if Travis has lost left handed yet?

If he hasn't Cyplenkov will give him first defeat, easily, IMO.

Mighty Joe

Ryan Espey could do it very soon. Devon isn't left-handed, but Ryan is. :coolhttp://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn9dJwaJB2c He's the monster on the left side of the table, that slaps his own face. He took first place left and right at the 2008 Canadian Nationals. I got "schooled" by him and Len Houghton at Best in the West in Red Deer. Ryan taught me some technique after the tournament. Good times.

he won the first match cause oif fouls?

i tihnk mioghtyjoe could be right, or is right about denis vs travis. if they ever meet. denis is just such of a beast. but i will be hoping for travis =)

I could be wrong here, but I'll go out on a limb and predict that Cyplenkov

won't hardly feel Bagent left handed. Dennis will stop Travis' hit right handed

and then like a freight train pull him straight across for the pin.

Question: Does anyone know if Travis has lost left handed yet?

If he hasn't Cyplenkov will give him first defeat, easily, IMO.

Mighty Joe

Travis all day lefty :rock

he won the first match cause oif fouls?

i tihnk mioghtyjoe could be right, or is right about denis vs travis. if they ever meet. denis is just such of a beast. but i will be hoping for travis =)

He did win the first match because of fouls by Earl Wilson. I guess that makes Espey weak and no match for Bagent. :rolleyes

Sometimes it just goes that way. Winning due to fouls sucks!

Was Devon Larratt there, and if so did they pull?

Is Travis going to Zloty? I hope so. When is Zloty? I am betting that Cyplenkov wins.

If the match ever happens. I'll bet on Travis.

Yes, I will pick Travis also. Strength alone won't be enough.

Was Devon Larratt there, and if so did they pull?

Is Travis going to Zloty? I hope so. When is Zloty? I am betting that Cyplenkov wins.

No, Devon wasn't there. He's preparing for his match against Brzenk at ARM WARS "Deep Water".

Maybe. But strength was enough to smash Pushkar, and strength was enough for Denis to toy with Semerenko with his weak arm. Semerenko was tired but still that's impressive. And Cyplenkov has technique too he has been armwrestling for a few years.

Maybe. But strength was enough to smash Pushkar, and strength was enough for Denis to toy with Semerenko with his weak arm. Semerenko was tired but still that's impressive. And Cyplenkov has technique too he has been armwrestling for a few years.

I saw Corey Miller beat quite a few guys with his speed on top of his strength. Flash his opponent before they can react to it. I think Travis can do the same thing to Dennis C. Travis is not going inside with Dennis any way

I saw Corey Miller beat quite a few guys with his speed on top of his strength. Flash his opponent before they can react to it. I think Travis can do the same thing to Dennis C. Travis is not going inside with Dennis any way

Travis is very fast, but speed can only do so much. Those guys Corey beats are close enough to him in strength that they cannot slow his speed down before they get pinned. Put Corey against a slower but much stronger opponent who can catch him and he won't win just because of his faster hit. I have seen Travis get the jump on his opponents and still lose pretty much as soon at they catch him.

For example, Travis speed did little to help him in this match:

Denis is way stronger than Travis, if he catches him at all it won't matter. And Travis won't purposely go inside with Denis, but maybe Denis will be able to turn him in.

Josh,

You talk about Travis as if he is not strong. And Dennis is MUCH stronger then Travis. All the clips and matches you show are him Right handed. You do realize that Travis is Left Handed. He is MUCH stronger left as he is Right. I would bet that Travis will keep Dennis Flat handed and his hit will take him directly to the pad. Unfortunately, Travis and PAL dont get along to well. So I would not expect this to happen any time soon.