login username is: grip-per-view

login pw is: gripper

"Page cannot be displayed" :cry

webcast address is webcast

Let me know if works

apparently some technical issues. looks like no webcam.

- aaron

The connection has timed out

Acorn, could you try using your webcam with Yahoo messenger or Skype?

Edited by odin

webcast address is webcast

Let me know if works

apparently some technical issues. looks like no webcam.

- aaron

DANGIT!!!! :(

ok up on yahoo for the moment

How do I get to the yahoo version then?

Comp is done. We had alot of last minute no shows for this comp ended up with 4 competitors even though was expecting around 8. I think we are all pretty tuckered but had a damn good time. Top 3 placing is:

Aaron Corcorran 1st

Paul Knight 2nd

Derek Graybill 3rd

I'll post lifts later when it doesnt hurt to type. Sorry about the webcam not working. Had technical issues.

- Aaron

Congrats to all the competitors! Great job Aaron! Great job Paul! Especially for traveling and still doing very well. Derek, great work man! Who was the 4th competitor?

Congrats to all the competitors! Great job Aaron! Great job Paul! Especially for traveling and still doing very well. Derek, great work man! Who was the 4th competitor?

My mom! :D She only did the first two events before taking off to go shopping. She closed a sporting store gripper and almost got a Guide-Sport acorn gripper and 2HP ~70lbs

For those curious as to why I did not compete, the day before the contest I was not feeling well, and on the day of the contest it got worse. I learned a hard lesson in high school about competing/training while sick, and so I chose not to do the competition and rest instead. This weekend has not been a good one.

-Rex

any videos??

Eventually. Paul got back late to Texas tonight (they're all on his camera), so maybe tomorrow or in the next few days.

any videos??

Eventually. Paul got back late to Texas tonight (they're all on his camera), so maybe tomorrow or in the next few days.

I'll get some up later today

Thanks to the FBBC for sponsoring the bending portions and to the competitors that made it. It was a bummer that more did not make it but we had a heck of alot of fun. A few PRs were set and some of the feats afterwards were just plain crazy. my hands still feel like they got backed over with a bulldozer. :rock

I should have the results up later today. I think I caught Rex's cold when he stopped by Friday so its slowing me down some. I think Paul and I both had a few twinges from messing around with grippers and unbraced bending the night before the comp so no records were broken on either of those.

A few highlights though: Paul killed a 10.5x1/2" HRS and 7x3/8" G2 (595) bolt, Derek pulled over double BW on the axle and over BW on the 2HP, also closed a 153# #3. I pulled 224.5# on the 2HP and got 230+ about half way up, Also I had the thread snap off on a 6 3/8x5/16 G8 that rattled me a bit :D.

After, much destruction. I think Paul got a lot of videos. But I remember seeing him bend a FBBC 12" spike barehanded followed by a stcroix UL #2 barehanded. Sick! I tore a small format phonebook as well. Not too many pieces of it left that were bigger than a silver dollar from what I remember.

Chime in guys if you remember other stuff.

- Aaron

Nice report Aaron! Badass lifting guys! Was that a Euro pinch? Great 2HP numbers!

Thanks Ben, its one of Scott George's Euro Replicas.

- Aaron

In addition to what Aaron said, as holds true for near every comp we said we were done 15 or so times before we actually quit :D Me and Paul kept challenging Aaron to tear the phonebook into smaller and smaller pieces until there was just a massacre of torn pieces surrounding the dungeon. Paul was doing crazy stuff the whole comp. The comp itself lasted about 8 hours, because we kept stopping, eating, taking breaks, etc. We did a lot of levering as the last thing. We did a tag team bend of a DC0, i got it to 135, Aaron to just shy of 180, then Paul hearted it. Aaron bent a DC2 to a little past 180 with very little technique and a LOT of brutal strength. I'm sure there's more stuff I'm forgetting but it was a hell of a lot of fun and the most fun comp I've been to thus far.

In addition to what Aaron said, as holds true for near every comp we said we were done 15 or so times before we actually quit :D Me and Paul kept challenging Aaron to tear the phonebook into smaller and smaller pieces until there was just a massacre of torn pieces surrounding the dungeon. Paul was doing crazy stuff the whole comp. The comp itself lasted about 8 hours, because we kept stopping, eating, taking breaks, etc. We did a lot of levering as the last thing. We did a tag team bend of a DC0, i got it to 135, Aaron to just shy of 180, then Paul hearted it. Aaron bent a DC2 to a little past 180 with very little technique and a LOT of brutal strength. I'm sure there's more stuff I'm forgetting but it was a hell of a lot of fun and the most fun comp I've been to thus far.

hehe, there was a tag team attempt on a 6"x5/16 G8s life the night before as well. :D:rock

- Aaron

hehe, there was a tag team attempt on a 6"x5/16 G8s life the night before as well. :D:rock

- Aaron

How could I possibly forget that?!?!?! Just to mention, I was in no way involved with that one :D WHat other stuff happened that night Aaron? I can't remember. Oh, a few more things. Aaron pulled 2-10kg +2-5kg (Paul's pinch idea). I pulled 3-10kgs. There was some other playing with the 10kgs but I can't remember what. It'll come back to me slowly, I'm still so sore I can barely move :laugh

- Aaron

How could I possibly forget that?!?!?! Just to mention, I was in no way involved with that one :D WHat other stuff happened that night Aaron? I can't remember. Oh, a few more things. Aaron pulled 2-10kg +2-5kg (Paul's pinch idea). I pulled 3-10kgs. There was some other playing with the 10kgs but I can't remember what. It'll come back to me slowly, I'm still so sore I can barely move :laugh

Did I pass 3 10kg plates behind my back or was I dreaming that?

- Aaron

- Aaron

Did I pass 3 10kg plates behind my back or was I dreaming that?

- Aaron

Haha yeah that's when you were showing off :D

Great numbers guys! Aaron the pinch just keeps going up and the bending is sic as usual :rock

Thanks Josh,

btw If Paul ever offers to PL slap you to get you pumped up for a lift I cannot recommend you taking him up on that. That guy has got some shovel hands. Thanks Paul :D

- Aaron