Arizona Summer All - Comers

acorn

Contest: Arizona Summer All-Comers

Date: September 13th, 2008

Time: Rules at 9:30, contest starts at 10am

Sponsor: FBBC for the bending.

Place: Aaron's Above Ground Grip Dungeon. Email or PM for directions.

Scoring: Strongman

Events:

Grippers (MMS)

2HP

Unbraced Freestyle Bending (same rules as top20 lists, FBBC Stock)

DO Axle DL (IM axle)

Braced Bending

8-14" bend, and the mid bar to 14-30".

3/8" hrs

FBBC Spikes

1/2" HRS

5/8" HRS

4 bends setup, must have at least 1 in each range. Also I think that 1/2" increments will be ok on the 8-14" and 1" increments on the 14-30". Tiebreaker is combined distance between legs on 2 best bends.

Should have bottled water and pizza afterwards as well as time to play with all the toys. Recommend bringing snacks for during the comp. Entry fee $20 to cover Braced steel and pizza.

Hoping to have 1-2 web cams setup for live video coverage during the comp, prolly no sound though. Will put up info on the webcams in this thread once we are close. No trophies, shirts, and prolly no prizes, just bragging rights, memories, and the opportunity to learn from some of the top guys in the sport. Don't miss it.

- Aaron

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acorn

• vikingsrule92

• Paul Knight

• cemery

Can't freakin wait! ............. I think you made a "typo" Aaron, you said "bottled water" and pizza, and we all know you meant to type "Hard Liquor" and pizza :laugh:laugh

Sorry Guy I sure wish I could make it, but I have family commitments. Good luck to you all.

Sorry Guys, I sure wish I could make it, but I have family commitments. Good luck to you all.

Can't freakin wait! ............. I think you made a "typo" Aaron, you said "bottled water" and pizza, and we all know you meant to type "Hard Liquor" and pizza :laugh:laugh

Hahaha :laugh

Too bad Bill, we'll miss your ridiculously absurd stories after the comp, hopefully you can make it to ACGS II buddy!!!

Sorry Guy I sure wish I could make it, but I have family commitments. Good luck to you all.
Sorry Guys, I sure wish I could make it, but I have family commitments. Good luck to you all.

Wish you could make it too. I've been meaning to give you a call. Hopefully I can this weekend.

- Aaron

Hmmm, you might be on to something there Paul. I bet more people would actually make the trip if they knew whiskey and pizza were available.

- Aaron

Paul, if you are into drinking, you have to make it to an MI contest. A competitor almost always cracks a beer before the first event (the host may have had a few before then!), and for the first time in MI grip history this year, I was afraid for a competitor's safety because he had too much to drink.

Hmmm, you might be on to something there Paul. I bet more people would actually make the trip if they knew whiskey and pizza were available.

- Aaron

HAHA, more people might make the trip there, but not so many would make the trip home!!! Seriously though, the contest setup sounds really cool Aaron, I will be cheering on all yall competitors from home.

I may not be able to make it either, my daughter's 1st Birthday party is on the 14th and my dad will be in town. I will let you know...I will get you that steel quote ASAP as well...

-B

My hands should just be recovering by the time I fly out :laugh

My hands should just be recovering by the time I fly out :laugh

And ready for a full HKOAB bend? ;)

I have persuaded some of the fellow bouncers at the nightclub where I work to do this competition. So far, three of them are serious about doing it. None of them have any prior grip training, though one of them claims to be a good armwrestler. We may even have four or more doing it.

Should be entertaining, to say the least.

-Rex

WE NEED A WEB CAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY CRAP YES!!! What a great idea!

I have persuaded some of the fellow bouncers at the nightclub where I work to do this competition. So far, three of them are serious about doing it. None of them have any prior grip training, though one of them claims to be a good armwrestler. We may even have four or more doing it.

-Rex

Awesome Rex - keep recruting!

-Rex

Paul, I'm kind of making you out to be some guest celebrity bender, flying in from Texas and all, and so you really need to show out for these fellows. They're awful curious to see what you can do. :D

-Rex

-Rex

Paul, I'm kind of making you out to be some guest celebrity bender, flying in from Texas and all, and so you really need to show out for these fellows. They're awful curious to see what you can do. :D

-Rex

:cool

-Rex

-Rex

:cool

We should get you a red carpet and roll it out in front of Aaron's dungeon right before the comp :laugh

everyone move to virgniia so i can come

hehe, yeah or you could move out to the desert :)

Ok everyone, comp is tomorrow. I hope your ready. All the steel is here and I'm just about ready. Just a few more things to get together tonight. Unless there is some unforseen technical issue there should be a webcast as well I will post info on that later. Good luck to everyone competing and I wish more of you could have come.

- Aaron

Good Luck to everyone - may it be a PR kind of day!!!!

Aaron, last time was a G8 so let it be a KOASB now :D