• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gazza

• ox3782

• foxyj75

• carlsipes

Incredible effort Gazza! :bow It seemed like just getting the kink was really hard. A shiny is still considered an elite level bend...you're doubling that. :blink Am I correct to assume there is a part 3 coming?

WOW Gaz that is bonkers 1450 at 6" awesome just awesome!!!The forearms are looking kickin too!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

I ran out of appropriate words for your bending long ago.

I cant believe theres not a shit load of replies to this already.

captaincrush was totally right........

out of this world bending!!

I know what you mean Jordo. Everytime I watch these two videos I feel like I need to make another post stating how freaking amazed I am at what you bent Gazza!

And yes I can't wait to see part 3. I am still amazed than anyone could even kink it!

Edited by John III

I cant believe theres not a shit load of replies to this already.

captaincrush was totally right........

out of this world bending!!

I think people are just too slack-jawed to know what to say and they are too stunned to operate the keyboard, no offense is meant I' m sure. I think a new thread would help as well.

:rock :rock :rock

That crazy! No, that is double crazy! :rock:rock:rock

I nearly missed this. This bend really deserves a new thread.

Guys thankyou all 4 the comments :D

It was a failed bend 4 a number of reasons

Time Limit

Use of insulation tape on wraps

Bend not completed

Use of double wraps

It took a further 20 plus minutes to get it to 2 1/4inches by this time i was spent

I am not to bothered about the time limit as i more or less just bend for the fun of it these days and not for the lists and i know that i can and will do it quicker.

I wasnt 2 happy useing insulation tape all the way over the bars and not just the ends but if you dont tape the bars in the middle as well as the ends they try to come apart in thew middle making the bars alot harder to bend which would have resulted in a failed kink i can only ask people to try the difference and see 4 themselves.

I thought that whilst i was useing insulation tape to hold the bars together why not use it to hold the wraps together but i view this like useing the tape on the middle of the bars as cheating as i feel the oldtimers would not have been able to use these as they were not available then but i am just trying to push my "LIMITS" and still have fun at the same time.

WRAPS ARE A TOUCHY SUBJECT FOR ME as i feel that unless i bend a bar/s useing only a single pair of wraps then i havent conquered that piece of steel yet plus bending 2 pieces together hits my hands hard as the bars are trying to spin in my hands so i have to grip even harder as well as push my hands have been beat lately with bending and all the secret weapon training so i had to resort to the double wraps.

Despite the above i am still quite happy as it was only a few weeks ago that i completed 2 x 7inch x 8mms 303 stainless bars together and before that i did 2 reds and 2 304 shinys so i have made progress i just got abit greedy by cutting the bars down to 6inches i should have gone for the 6.5inchers instead.

There are alot of people capable of doing these bends and more its all down to time and pain thats all no secrets.

2 1/2" eh? That is insane. It would be cool to just see a 2x red video if you recorded that one.

I was trying to explain the magnitude of this to my girlfriend today, there are 5 other people that have certified on 5/16" x 6" stainless. And you bent 2 of them. That is rediculous, even if it was not a complete bend, which I'm sure it will be before too long knowing your determination.

Time and pain, ain't it always the way.