"has Anyone Tried"

gazza

Has anyone tried 2 Reds,Drillrod,Bastards or stainless etc 2gether,ever just for crushdown purposes.

Ive had some success with some of the above and 2day i took down 2 x 5/16" 304 stainless to 2 1/4" then my left pec cramped up bad style so i called it a day i am quite happy but its no biggy as its only 304 stainless and not 303 but they were abit under 7inch in length so with abit more work i know i will get the 2 x 5/16" 303 stainlesswhich has been along time dream of mine.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gazza

• ox3782

• foxyj75

• carlsipes

Gazza thats nuts !!! I tried 2 60Ds last week and that wasnt bad at all but 5/16 stainless ? Thats just not right !! Awesome job man cant wait to see this one on vid !!! :rock:rock:rock

Gazza that is just ridiculous!! I can't imagine doing 2 shinys taped!! I've done 2 60ds and some other stuff taped but it was all 1/4" or smaller, nothing gazza-like at all :laugh

Has anyone tried 2 Reds,Drillrod,Bastards or stainless etc 2gether,ever just for crushdown purposes.

Ive had some success with some of the above and 2day i took down 2 x 5/16" 304 stainless to 2 1/4" then my left pec cramped up bad style so i called it a day i am quite happy but its no biggy as its only 304 stainless and not 303 but they were abit under 7inch in length so with abit more work i know i will get the 2 x 5/16" 303 stainlesswhich has been along time dream of mine.

That is Sick Gaz but very likely you will destroy 2 shinys taped very soon.You have Killed the Gazza bolt and it must rate close to two shinys taped what do you think?

Awesome work my friend very exciting thinking of that feat!!!!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher :mosher :mosher:mosher

Brendan

That is Sick Gaz but very likely you will destroy 2 shinys taped very soon.You have Killed the Gazza bolt and it must rate close to two shinys taped what do you think?

Awesome work my friend very exciting thinking of that feat!!!!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher :mosher :mosher:mosher

Brendan

Brenden whats the "Gazza bolt"

I believe it was a 3/8x7 G5

Have I tried something like that Gazza? Well, I wrapped up two bastards as if I were to bend them like that, but I didn't do much more than hide behind a bush and poke at it with a long stick in wonderment.

Brendan

Brenden whats the "Gazza bolt"

I believe it was a 3/8x7 G5

Have I tried something like that Gazza? Well, I wrapped up two bastards as if I were to bend them like that, but I didn't do much more than hide behind a bush and poke at it with a long stick in wonderment.

Thats hilarious Zach!!!LOL :rock

Yes that is the bolt

Haha, oh man, you must know the stuff you are "just trying out" is stuff no one else can touch by now no? For real Gazza, I love how you ask that in such a casual manner like any of us are actually gonna be messin with that kinda thing.

There are probably only a very small percentage of people in the world that can even bend one of those. Huuuge guys have thought I was freakin superman because I can bend 5/16" g2's. What you are talking about is like deadlifting 600lbs, then asking if anyone has messed around with lifting that in each hand. Maybe I will look like and ass and Ben or Aaron will come on and say they have crushed 2 bastards down before but I am pretty sure I can answer a big NO for most everyone here.

Then again I bet Paul hasn't, but only because you just gave him the idea to try it right now.

Never tried 2 of the same, like 2 Bastards, Shinys, etc. But I have fully bent a 7" Edgin taped to 1/4"X7" CRS in 2007. I've crushed down a Shiny taped to a 5/16"X7" HRS-National from 3.25" to 2", and a few easier but still hard double bar crushdowns. I'll give the 2 Bastards a shot very soon on the crushdown. My 7" game is still not coming together as I want, but my crushdown is pretty good still.

sounds like fun, imma try to bend two bastards taped maybe with like a small prekink or so. On a side note i got some 303 stainless from fastenal and did a 7 inch piece and it just laughs at fbbc stainless stock, much much more difficult

Edited by TKtheGreek

I did try 2 reds once but couldn't kink them.

My kink isn't my strongest part of the bend, but never tried them pre-kinked....

I'm sure you'll get it soon Gazza, no problem at all ;)

Btw, How about this:

Bend a shiny to a "W" like I did with a 60D:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7460

I'm sure you'll be able to do it, and it would be one hell of a trophy ;)

I did try 2 reds once but couldn't kink them.

My kink isn't my strongest part of the bend, but never tried them pre-kinked....

I'm sure you'll get it soon Gazza, no problem at all ;)

Btw, How about this:

Bend a shiny to a "W" like I did with a 60D:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7460

I'm sure you'll be able to do it, and it would be one hell of a trophy ;)

That would be one heck of a trophy!! :D I know that the bastard I scrolled was tough enough, nevermind a shiny!! :blink :blink

Ha Ha! Yeah, right after I tried to fly!

Go for it Gazza! That would be a crazy bend but that is what you're known for.

Tim

Of course I haven't tried it. I can't even bend one. But I did bend 2 Magnificent KOASB's taped together barehanded. :whistel (Just trying to get you to beat my fake claim Gazza) :laugh

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think I've been teased that much by a video in my life! :D

I was yelling at the screen at about 8 minutes in saying "Quit chalking your damn hands you're almost out of time!!" :tongue :tongue :laugh :laugh

Can't wait for Part 2 Gaz!!!

not just two shiny's ................... 2 HUGE shiny's :whacked

Leave it to Gazza to do something crazy sick like this! Can't wait for part 2!! :rock

Part 2, Part 2!!! :bow:rock You left us hanging at just the right moment. It is fun the watch the best preparing for a huge unthinkable bend though.

I've been checking this thread about every 15 min. Part 2 is gonna be killer!

:laugh Gary mate,put them all out of there misery and get part 2 up,or you could just crank up the tension and make them wait..... :rock

Gazza, looks like you had to re arrange your grip room to fit the secret weapon. Well, you really got the anticipation going here. Can't wait to see part 2. :whacked