Two-hand Pinch: Three 45 Lb. Plates

odin

how wide please?
I'll let you know 12 hours after this post, when I get home from work and have a chance to measure them. They are the Yorks made about 30 years ago with the flat, very wide hub that I think only perhaps Wade and the Rosendaul brothers? have successfully hublifted. Robert (lonewolf) has a picture in the gallery of the same style of 45s if anyone else feels compelled to take a measurement.

As a general question who out there can do 3-45s with no bar in the center cleanly with 2 hands?????I would suspect very few. RS

I have done 3x20kg with no bar and two hands, but it wasn't easy. I'm sure the guys that can pinch 3x25 with one hand can do 3x45 with two hands.

could you get a video of this? ive never seen it done

When I get a cam I will try.

We're still waiting Florian, you've had almost two years buddy. :)

Odin,

I just attempted this feat. . . . . and it was a big no - go for me. Very tough. Even more impressive after I tried it myself. You are da man. :bow

That was awesome Bob I can t wait to see how you do at GGC with the two hands pinch!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

See you next week looking forward to it!!!

Brendan

how wide please?

3.8 inches 96.49 mm with a digital micrometer.

Odin,

I just attempted this feat. . . . . and it was a big no - go for me. Very tough. Even more impressive after I tried it myself. You are da man. :bow

Thanks Casey! I appreciate you giving it a shot. I was surprised by how hard it was when I first tried it last fall.
That was awesome Bob I can t wait to see how you do at GGC with the two hands pinch!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

See you next week looking forward to it!!!

Brendan

Thanks Brendan, I'm really not sure what to expect in that event. I still haven't learned how to 2HP the way David Horne suggests in his DVD and think I will improve over the years in the event with technique as well as strength.

Excellent pinch, Bob!

Great pinch Bob! Rex and I tried that the other night and we were both able to get it. Only challenge was the center plate sticking up 1" above the outer 2.

- Aaron

Excellent pinch, Bob!
Thanks Eric!
Great pinch Bob! Rex and I tried that the other night and we were both able to get it. Only challenge was the center plate sticking up 1" above the outer 2.

- Aaron

BTW, the annual Eaton Birthday Lift must be done on video and in pajamas or boxers (some kind of lounging-around clothes) to count. Better luck next time fellas. ;) Seriously though nice work, I wouldn't expect any less from you guys. :rock Chris and Nick also reported success. :cool

I thought it was a fun lift with a similar feel to 3x25. I couldn't get it when I first tried it last fall (the York 25s sure fit together a lot more nicely and tightly than the York 45s). It might be a good one to work on with some extra weight added as well. I'll have to think of something else for next year.

You have some serious wide pinch strength! :rock

• 5 years later...

Good lift Bob, But I think 3 x 20kg plates is easy, I done this the first time I tried it. I have added some clips to youtube on my channel. monstagripp

Good lift Bob, But I think 3 x 20kg plates is easy, I done this the first time I tried it. I have added some clips to youtube on my channel. monstagripp

Yes, it's not too difficult but a nice way to progress to the 3x25 pinch. Your youtube channel is definitely worth checking out, some great pinch feats and nice Inch training.

Yes, it's not too difficult but a nice way to progress to the 3x25 pinch.

Dammit Bob...now I've got another Stat to check off the list. ;)

Yes, but I expect you to do it one-handed Nate.

Yes, but I expect you to do it one-handed Nate.

Give me 4 years from today.

• Like 1

Yes, it's not too difficult but a nice way to progress to the 3x25 pinch. Your youtube channel is definitely worth checking out, some great pinch feats and nice Inch training.

Thanks Bob, I didn't realise you only weigh 175lb For your weight that's very good!! I allays thought you were around 200-210lb. You are very strong for your weight, There are a lot of big guys who cant do half the stuff you do. :)

• Like 1

Thanks Bob, I didn't realise you only weigh 175lb For your weight that's very good!! I allays thought you were around 200-210lb. You are very strong for your weight, There are a lot of big guys who cant do half the stuff you do. :)

Nice bells in your avatar. Anyway you can post some pictures.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice bells in your avatar. Anyway you can post some pictures.

was you asking me or Bob to post some pictures?

Great lifting Bob! We did these together a few weeks ago remember? Its a tough lift for sure!

• Like 1

Great lifting Bob! We did these together a few weeks ago remember? Its a tough lift for sure!

Yes sir! We need to get your lift on video next time Robert. See, you can do wide pinch.

I think you'll surprise a few people at Gripmas, especially on the pinch.

Thank you good sir... but your word should be enough to be added to the list! ;-)

Hope the Mods see this post!?

I'll do a vid anyways. ... no problemo!!

Thank you good sir... but your word should be enough to be added to the list! ;-)

Hope the Mods see this post!?

I'll do a vid anyways. ... no problemo!!

Just do a video this Saturday; it will be no problem for you.

The story about Kaz doing 3 45s one handed made him cringe and laugh out loud saying " not in this life" .

I would like to see 3 loose old York deep dish 45 done without a center pipe ( loosed) two handed. That would be epic!

Done!!!

Thanks Bob for the vid good sir!