Secret Weapon

Teemu I

I don't think any equipment manufacturers are making/selling them. Just us weekend warriors out in the garage. I've made a few and am making another next week. Not that difficult actually. Just need to get the angles of the handles right.

Been a whie since I watched the Kinney video but doesn't the handle come out if you try to cheat?
:blink I never knew about that, how is that designed? Would be interesting to know, even though I doubt I make any modifications on my SW anymore. Maybe file a little bit more but that's about it.

His was sliding and would slide off the bolts where it was mounted. This did not make sense though to me based on how you could cheat.

It really is when you pull your hand away from the top handle even a little tiny bit that you may not even realize when you are straining and your hand is under that much pressure. Then, it becomes supporting.

do think this is what you meant: if you let the palm off the top handle and don't have enough pressure there, the form will turn into something very different than it is on the grippers.

Exactly. :)

Never tried one but it sounds very interesting. Sounds like if you kick your feet back away from the machine and rest your weight on your palms, this would eliminate any chance of " cheating ".

Ive got one thanks to Mike, and am waiting for the right time to start training on it

I don't think any equipment manufacturers are making/selling them. Just us weekend warriors out in the garage. I've made a few and am making another next week. Not that difficult actually. Just need to get the angles of the handles right.

The top handle is set at 92 degrees. The space between the bottom of the top handle hole and the top of the bottom handle hole is 1/4 inch..

I posted more experiences of mine on the matter of cheating on the SW, I wrote in my blog as well as in the training log on this board.

Edited by Teemu I

• 2 weeks later...

I got my son in law to make me another secret weapon today[picture in my gallery]this one incorporates a bearing also but the machine is adjustable and on wheels for easy moving.

The handle can be adjusted up in 1/4inch incrments so you can work any part of the range from full open hand to the last 1/4inch it also has longer handles so you can also use this for progression by working from out to in as you get stronger.

I got my son in law to make me another secret weapon today[picture in my gallery]this one incorporates a bearing also but the machine is adjustable and on wheels for easy moving.

The handle can be adjusted up in 1/4inch incrments so you can work any part of the range from full open hand to the last 1/4inch it also has longer handles so you can also use this for progression by working from out to in as you get stronger.

It is sexy!! I love good job! :rock

• 1 month later...

RB now sells Secret Weapon's too. The stiff handle is filed down so you can do BTR work. Looks very well made! Not sure if I'm allowed to post a picture here so send me a PM if you like.

RB now sells Secret Weapon's too. The stiff handle is filed down so you can do BTR work. Looks very well made! Not sure if I'm allowed to post a picture here so send me a PM if you like.

I'd like to see a pic, didn't find one on their website... Could you PM me please?

I'd like to see a pic, didn't find one on their website... Could you PM me please?

There's no picture on their website. PM sent!

• 3 weeks later...