Your Best Armwrestling Tips

gripparen

i'll add that saying that travis' hook is not strong is ludacris. He may not be a heavyweight pro top hooker, but outside of the elite who can beat him in a hook? Just because he loses to some that catch him in a hook doesn't mean that he isn't still really strong. I saw him at the arnolds posing in a hook with the biggest and strongest people going, then pinning them easily all day long. No he can't hang with a select group in a hook.......but the rest of the population........good luck.

To add to what Arturo said about all of his losses to girdner,bath,brzenk,pushkar,....etc

do some research on how many wins he has on all of the above..........lots.

You don't get lucky or "flash" your way through that many elite pullers that many times.

i havent seen alot of Travis but i did see him get smoked by Eric Woefel[sp?] a couple times on tv when Travis tried to hook him left handed

Where do you get get 70kg for Rustam? The video below says 45 kg+:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN_Cn8xJWWM

For the Alexey curl, it looks like four 10-pound plates on each side - I could be wrong, but at a glance it does not look much more than 90-pounds, assuming the bar is about 10. The way he does that curl looks difficult though.

I wrote : I HAVE :) I = Pawel Rychter :)

and I used pictures (Rustam and Alexey) to show what positions I tell

Edited by pawel r

Thanks for your thoughts monkeypaws, I guess I have things a bit mixed up when it comes to strength on the table, and I would say things differently if I could back and type that ludacris message again. But I guess this is what boards are for! Us rookies state their opinions (not facts! Just opinions) and the knowleadgable ones enlighten us. :):rock

i'll add that saying that travis' hook is not strong is ludacris. He may not be a heavyweight pro top hooker, but outside of the elite who can beat him in a hook?

I felt Travis' hook in May of 2006 at a tournament in MD (in practice) about a week or two after he pulled Farid - Travis felt VERY strong. When he's on his game, Travis can hold his own with ANYONE in a hook. Travis is also super-fast and a master technician and lethal from many different angles (not just toproll); his right is clearly one of the best in the world and his left is untouchable.

Edited by G-Man

Ok, one more thing just to clarify what I mean: I just went to youtube and found videos of Bagent losing to Brzenk (ok, we wont count him), Voevoda, Matt Girdner, Ron Bath, Dave Randall and Andrey Pushkar. Now these are HUGE names, I know, and I'm not saying he's "not very strong" because of losing to these people. But in these matches, it seems that he loses when someone catches his hit. These are all RIGHT handed matches, I'm not talking about leftie. So, from watching these videos and seeing him lose in a hook to several people, and then keeping in mind he couldn't beat a 200 pound guy in a hook (although it was not a tourney) .. I just concluded he wasn't near the top when it comes to hooking strength, which to some is the purest strength test. Flame away! :tongue

At the top, no, but near the top? I'm not certain enough to say but I certainly don't think that he's "weak". Yes those people have beaten him, but they are big names like you said and I watched a lot of videos with him on youtube and weren't most of those matches pretty close? I also remember him beating Voevoda right handed in one video in I think 2003 or so, and Voevoda was probably one of the strongest arm wrestlers out there. Look at these pics:

attachmentts1.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=720161&d=1182623264

That guy isn't an arm wrestler but a bodybuilder so he hasn't got the technique, and yes Bagent did win because of technique but it would also take a lot of strength to beat somebody that big in a hook match. Just sayin', just my 2 cents.

Edit: How the heck do you post pictures on these posts?

Edited by Josh H