Eric Milfeld Certification

Bill Piche

Guest NailBender

Like Paul said, bad video, not bad gripper close.

From what I know and have personally seen of Eric's

grip strength, there's no doubt in my mind that he shut

that gripper.

Even as trashed as his hands were after the contest, I

still believe he could shut it.

To shut it even after 5 days after a contest were Eric

did some world class feats is amazing in and of itself.

Good job buddy!!!

NailBender

Thanks for all the words of support everyone! It means a lot.

I made some mistakes with the whole process. If I was stronger or better rested I would have been able to hold the gripper shut for a longer period of time, allowing for the good still shot. I closed it only on the first two attempts, but it wasn't easy.

I like what Jeremiah told me about failure. He got ahold of a freakishly difficult nail at one his shows and couldn't do anything with it. He told me that's the Lord's way of keeping him humble. ;) I like that.

So, here's to not being humbled next time... :D

The best way I have found to film the gripper closes Is sit on the ground at shoot up at the gripper. That way even if the set hand is in the way most of the time yo can still see the set. also if someone holds the cam wile doing it you can move it if needed to get the gripper in the right spot. Hit it up once more Eric you will get the video.

The best way I have found to film the gripper closes Is sit on the ground at shoot up at the gripper. That way even if the set hand is in the way most of the time yo can still see the set. also if someone holds the cam wile doing it you can move it if needed to get the gripper in the right spot. Hit it up once more Eric you will get the video.

Thanks, Nick. I found out the hard way about filming upwards. We tried it with a tripod, because Aaron used one. Maybe having a cameraman would work better for me...

Eric- Happened to me once on the MM2, almost happened twice. A bite in the ass, but judging from what you can close you should be able to nail this with authority on a decent day.

Well it's easier to get that camera work nailed than to work up to required strength level if you are not there, so no big deal, now you know for sure that your strength is up there!

You should have had the camera masterman Aaron give you a lesson while he was there :tongue He could have brought his practice box, gripper and everything :D

Great job on the close Eric, I know you've got the strength!!! Now get back in line after Sam and destroy that thing!!!!

Thanks, guys!

I was actually tying to mimic the master himself, but I didn't take into account the slope of my driveway, which Aaron used to his advantage. I tried mine on the level sidewalk without positioning the camera accordingly.

No worries Eric.

Just rest a bit, sign-up again and kill it.