Who Would Win

pawel r

John easily !

I think Voevoda isn't that strong. He is just a overhyped dude who lives of the fame to have 1 win about a bated John.

I think Alexey would have a good chance to win.

John easily !

I think Voevoda isn't that strong. He is just a overhyped dude who lives of the fame to have 1 win about a bated John.

How was John bated in their arm wrestle???

John easily !

i think your waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off on this one IMO

It's hard to say, but I think that Voevoda would win if he gained back the muscle and started training hard again for armwrestling. I think that "bated" means that Brzenk was not in his peak form during that match because he had problems with his wrist and he was tired from winning the previous matches. :unsure

Well, He is that strong, But he does live of the fame of 1 win.

BUT, What does "bated" mean?

I don't think it's right to say he lives of the fame of 1 win. I think that Alexey has some good chance against John not because of his (1) win against him, but based on his other performances. He won Zloty Tur heavyweight class a couple of times (3 or 4 times I think), is WAF worldchampion and he won against many top heavyweights and other pullers with ease (f. e. Michael Todd).

If they armwrestled now, when Alexey is in "Bobsleigh-shape" I would put my money on John. But IF Voevoda had some months of specific armwrestling training I think he would have better odds winning. Just my two cents. :)

Florian,

Your are right about how good he was and all of those very impressive wins.

What I meant was, he was not FAMOUS until he beat Brzenk.

Now that I know what Bated means. I will say John was very Bated at that match.

Florian,

Your are right about how good he was and all of those very impressive wins.

What I meant was, he was not FAMOUS until he beat Brzenk.

Now that I know what Bated means. I will say John was very Bated at that match.

Bob! Yes, beating Brzenk made him more famous.

A another (better?) example for a guy that got famous because of one win against John is Alan Karaev.

So, either Alexey's claim to fame holds weight because John is considered all but unbeatable, or...

it doesn't because John isn't unbeatable but definetely one of (probably the) best of all time.

I, personally, would be comfortable with either. Would I show my age in this sport if I were to say that andybody can win on any given day. Or is that, maybe, to footbally?

BUT, What does "bated" mean?

In German : ( I just picked one of those )

attenuated geschwächt

bated geschwächt

debilitated geschwächt

decrepit {adj} geschwächt

depressed {adj} geschwächt

enfeebled geschwächt

I think a Ron Bath, Devon Larrat, (Dima Kotchiev ?) are people which are comparable with the strengh level of Voevoda. But John Brzenk is ABOVE !

and see ... Ron Bath has wins over Brzenk, Devon had one close match, but as long you don't proove that this weren't lucky days ( not meant Ron Bath)

you can't really say that they are stronger...

So, either Alexey's claim to fame holds weight because John is considered all but unbeatable, or...

it doesn't because John isn't unbeatable but definetely one of (probably the) best of all time.

I, personally, would be comfortable with either. Would I show my age in this sport if I were to say that andybody can win on any given day. Or is that, maybe, to footbally?

If your football team was 315-5 over the last 20 years with all the same players. Then your team lost. It could be just showing its age. :D

Every guy that beat John. John has a far superior winning record over. There are only two guys that John never came back to win. Veovoda and Alan Karaev. Of course neither seam to want to pull him again. Veovoda was 55 pounds bigger and Alan was about 100 pounds bigger. Alan pulled John 5 min after John had a very hard match and still almost lost. If they had pulled with just 1/2 rest, John would of beat him 10 out of 10 times. Now, Alexy, IMO is a true monster and very deserving of what ever recognition he gets. However, there have been several attempts to get him back to the table and he never seems to be able to show up. He knows John was not 100 % or "Bated"....I love this new word. :) . If John was 100 %, IMO John would of won, even weighing 209.

Edited by bob brown

What is John himself thinking about his chances?

He knows John was not 100 % or "Bated"....I love this new word. smile.gif

:D Lol, i just picked it out randomly, i thought it is a good translation and then you guys don't know it ^^

Funny :cool

Be careful with the word "bated", many would take it to mean he had been angered or otherwise emotionally manipulated prior to the match (often spelt "baited").

If each faced each other in his most recent competitive shape (Voevoda vs. Michael Todd and Brzenk at Arnolds), I believe Voevoda would win. I do believe John at his recent best (2nd half of 2006 shape) would beat Voevoda at this best.

After watching the videos from Nemiroff 2004, you can see that Voevoda won against everyone easily, not just Brzenk. So unless by some crazy coincidence all the players who armwrestled him were very tired from previous matches, the only conclusion I can come up with is that he was too strong for everyone during those matches. Brzenk also wins very quickly and easily, but I think that Voevoda still would win against a healthy Brzenk, although maybe not as easily as against others.

After watching the videos from Nemiroff 2004, you can see that Voevoda won against everyone easily, not just Brzenk. So unless by some crazy coincidence all the players who armwrestled him were very tired from previous matches, the only conclusion I can come up with is that he was too strong for everyone during those matches. Brzenk also wins very quickly and easily, but I think that Voevoda still would win against a healthy Brzenk, although maybe not as easily as against others.

This is probably the best video of Brzenk at his strongest that is widely available on the Internet:

john brzenk boomtown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRHSVdrMx-w

The last match is against Marcio Barboza.

In that kind of shape, it's hard for me to imagine anyone beating Brzenk.

Edited by G-Man

:rock

This is probably the best video of Brzenk at his strongest that is widely available on the Internet:

john brzenk boomtown

Who's the idiot at 32 seconds? John took him straight down. There was no "trick" involved. :rolleyes

john brzenk boomtown

Who's the idiot at 32 seconds? John took him straight down. There was no "trick" involved. :rolleyes

Tom Nelson and he is a very good puller but i've never met him but i hear he likes to joke around and talk