Voevoda Training With Cyplenkov

Griparn

Great to see Cyplenkov is getting serious about armwrestling!

Incredible video. I wish I could understand Russian.

Future world champ there!! :blink

See the size of his wrist!

One of the coolest vids I've seen on here! Man, I wish I could speak Russian. I can't get over the size of him; that's Voevoda he's standing next to!

I wish I could understand Russian.

That is exactly what I thougt. I have five russian pullers in my armwrestling club, so I will ask them. If there is something interesting what they talk, I'll let you know by posting here, David.

In the video you see the difference of a super athlete (Voevoda) and a true beast (Denis "hairy hand" Cyplenkov :D ) :rock:D

Florian it would have been nice with some translation if you could fix that :)

I thought I read somewhere that Voevoda had 21-22 cm wrists, but his wrist looks kind of small when you compare to Denis's...

Flo,

That would be great. Also it was great to see Voevoda coaching him, now that is the mark of a true champ, and a great man!

It looked like they had a good laugh as well.

Josh,

That's what I though - one of the greatest vids I've seen in a long time. Maybe topped off if they both got down to some weights and grip training as well :tongue

David

Great video! It looks like Cyplenkov has a lot of strength and his forearms are massive!!!

From the writing on on the top of the pics, it says some of the following:

Kote Rasmadze (Not sure about correct spelling) - "Denys has a problem with technique, he needs to strengthen his wrist, his wrist doesn't have working angles. He needs to train but the potential is there - physical strength is very great!"

Alexey Voevoda - "He's a very good guy. With Pushkar and Usmanov, he will armwrestle fine, but with Brzenk it will be very difficult for now."

The decision after this training session was that they would train together in the future as well. Goal - win on the upcoming Nemiroff World Cup!!! :rock

Great video! It looks like Cyplenkov has a lot of strength and his forearms are massive!!!

From the writing on on the top of the pics, it says some of the following:

Kote Rasmadze (Not sure about correct spelling) - "Denys has a problem with technique, he needs to strengthen his wrist, his wrist doesn't have working angles. He needs to train but the potential is there - physical strength is very great!"

Alexey Voevoda - "He's a very good guy. With Pushkar and Usmanov, he will armwrestle fine, but with Brzenk it will be very difficult for now."

The decision after this training session was that they would train together in the future as well. Goal - win on the upcoming Nemiroff World Cup!!! :rock

Thank you very much for this info!

Great stuff!

With those two training together, wow, that will push them to some heady heights!

Glad I could help :) Here is the entire text:

"This fight is expected on both sides of the ocean. Chances of who will be the winner are discussed by most respectable armwrestlers in the world. Promoters are considering budgets for this fight - the fight of the century! The only question on everyone's mind is - will Voevoda be able to withstand the attack of Denis Cyplenkov, the Russian strongman who entered the armwrestling's elite?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Our answer - (drums beating)- YES HE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:rock:bow:mosher:flame:trout:calm

This is not just an educated guess, this is a proven fact! Fact, shown by the picture of the magazine "Iron World." Yesterday, March 9, in Moscow fitness club "Mark Avreliy," happened a joing training session of these two aspiring armwrestlers. "To say that we both have fought today, I wouldn't say so. Today, we strictly trained together." - said Alexey Voevoda about his training session with Cyplenkov. "Two weeks ago I met with him, and only then, we armwrestled each other right hand. On his left, Cyplenkov is extremely strong" - said Voevoda.

"Denys has a problem with technique, he needs to strengthen his wrist, his wrist doesn't have working angles" - shared his professional opinion after watching the training session, Kote Razmadze. "He needs to train but the potential is there - physical strength is very great!"

"He's a very nice guy. It's nice to be around him. He will be able to armwrestle with Pushkar and Usmanov just fine, but at this point, it will be difficult with Brzenk" - said two-time absolute champion of the world.

Thanks for the translation Eurodancer! Do you know what he means by working angles? It looked like his rotator strength in the video was weak and I mean relatively as this is Voevoda we're talking about.

Thanks for the translation Eurodancer! Do you know what he means by working angles? It looked like his rotator strength in the video was weak and I mean relatively as this is Voevoda we're talking about.

No problem. I don't know too much about armwrestling techniques, so I really don't know what he means. Probably something that has to do with him having a weak wrist or some other weak point in his wrist area or technique :erm

Thanks for the translation, Eurodancer - it is much appreciated.

On his left, Cyplenkov is extremely strong" - said Voevoda.

I was thinking that Travis' left has been head and shoulders above everyone else for a number of years - until now perhaps?

That would be a left-handed match of the century; from watching those videos, I might have to go with Cyplenkov if they go into a hook. Travis would have to toproll him.

Edited by G-Man

So is Cyplenkov LH? I didn't think Usmanov was and I wasn't sure about Pushkar?? I know Brzenk isn't so I wonder if Alexey meant left or right handed in regards to his comments? Travis owned Voevoda LH so I wonder if Cyplenkov has anything for Travis. That would be one heck of a match though!

Thanks for the translation!

Those are some strong dudes and it's fun to watch them on video!

Florian it would have been nice with some translation if you could fix that :)

I thought I read somewhere that Voevoda had 21-22 cm wrists, but his wrist looks kind of small when you compare to Denis's...

On wikipedia he's given these measures: Forearm: 48cm ... 18.9 in.

Wrist: 23cm ... 9.05 in.

uhm if that's true, wonder what Cyplenkov's measurements are! :blink

Cyplenkov looked huge, and he and Voevoda were messing around a bit but they didn't ever really go at it for real in the video that I saw, so do we know for sure that Voevoda tried his hardest to move Cyplenkov's arm? Cyplenkov looks way bigger than Voevoda, and Voevoda a few years ago was possibly the strongest arm wrestler. Does anybody know Cyplenkov's stats? Voevoda isn't competing in arm arm wrestling currently, though, if he were things might have gone differently.

Cyplenkov looked huge, and he and Voevoda were messing around a bit but they didn't ever really go at it for real in the video that I saw, so do we know for sure that Voevoda tried his hardest to move Cyplenkov's arm? Cyplenkov looks way bigger than Voevoda, and Voevoda a few years ago was possibly the strongest arm wrestler. Does anybody know Cyplenkov's stats? Voevoda isn't competing in arm arm wrestling currently, though, if he were things might have gone differently.

Cyplenkov is 6' 1" tall and weighs 287 pounds (2006 figures). I don't know what his body measurements are but his fingers, palms, wrists and forearms are HUGE. :blink

http://www.ironworld.ru/interview/index.php?ELEMENT_ID=19174

An interview with the armwrestling trainer of Cyplenkov. I did some translation via babelfish/altavista.

Voevoda weight was 112 kg at the time they trained and Voevoda's top would probably beat Cyplenkov.

And for he also say Cyplenkov's biceps are undesirable large for having the right angle of the arm :D

Somebody may get a better translation...