Brzenk :o

Ladies light

Margie

Tamara

Emma

Ladies

Joyce

Dalia

Was glad to hear RJ won, not a whole lot of people picked him that's for sure. He's the biggest 154lber I've ever seen. I saw him in person at Unifieds and about spit up my drink when I realized he was 154.

I saw Lupkes for the first time at Unifieds and his hands,wrist, forearms combination looked cartoonish. I didn't know who he was but I remember thinking "good luck with that one boys".

Great to hear him and RJ both won :rock

bob how about a better wright up of the heavies comp

Interesting results!

I would like to hear more about Lupkes. Is he still that monster he was? Do you guys have some stats and gym lift from him?

I would love to see videos of that ! because :

1. everbody says that Crazy George pulls strange, i Wanne see that !!!

2. Chris Chandler, i saw myspace picture of him, and i must say that is very hard to accomplish without roids, but he is one of few person that i think that could be done without.

3. RJ... who is this guy ??

4. Lupkes looked strong at ROTN but not dominating strong... so that also makes me wondering

5. Brzenk, at last years arnolds he also wasnt good, i think that is a period in the year where he isnt good prepared yet.

I would love to see videos of that ! because :

1. everbody says that Crazy George pulls strange, i Wanne see that !!!

2. Chris Chandler, i saw myspace picture of him, and i must say that is very hard to accomplish without roids, but he is one of few person that i think that could be done without.

3. RJ... who is this guy ??

4. Lupkes looked strong at ROTN but not dominating strong... so that also makes me wondering

5. Brzenk, at last years arnolds he also wasnt good, i think that is a period in the year where he isnt good prepared yet.

HUH? to #2

You see how he looked before he worked with todd.....When he ate Mcdonalds and Pizza and BS all the time.

To me it seems completely achievable through proper nutrition.

There is tons of Video up on ARMTV

You do have to be a member. 19.95 for a month or 120.00 for a Year.

For an armwrestler it is well worth it.

Edited by bob brown

Interesting results!

I would like to hear more about Lupkes. Is he still that monster he was? Do you guys have some stats and gym lift from him?

watch some late 80s matches on armtv of Lupkes because he was as good as John or Gary G. i think the unifieds was his first tournament in years so i think he is doing outstanding for the short amount of time he has been back

54s

RJ

Vazgen

Corey

76s

Crazy Goerge

Klemba

Ballinger

98s

Selearis

Smith

Chandler

Heavies

Lupkes

Bresnan :o

Brzenk :o

Ladies light

Margie

Tamara

Emma

Ladies

Joyce

Dalia

Richard Lupkes after such pause wins still...... :bow

There is tons of Video up on ARMTV

You do have to be a member. 19.95 for a month or 120.00 for a Year.

For an armwrestler it is well worth it.

Yes i will definitely do that.

did anyone see or watch the video of Lupkes Brzenk and could give a write up of the match

World Championship 1988

Sweden, Eskilstuna

Richard Lupkes, USA VS Trevor "Beef" Lloyd, GBR

Lupkes to the left...

http://www.worldofarmwrestling.com/index.p...iew&id=2700

This match looks very similar:

http://www.worldofarmwrestling.com/index.p...iew&id=1996

did anyone see or watch the video of Lupkes Brzenk and could give a write up of the match

I would really love to hear about it as well :)

World Championship 1988

Sweden, Eskilstuna

Richard Lupkes, USA VS Trevor "Beef" Lloyd, GBR

Lupkes to the left...

http://www.worldofarmwrestling.com/index.p...iew&id=2700

This match looks very similar:

http://www.worldofarmwrestling.com/index.p...iew&id=1996

thanks bud richard has one hell of a lat spread i guess i got to start doing more lats and back after seeing that

I saw it. It was several seconds long, mostly John holding Richard (on Richard's winning side), until Rich won.

Not to make excuses or anything, but at Travis' event a week or two ago John said he had not trained since Zlotty and wasn't going to the Arnolds... then he decided to go on the last minute and it seems he wasn't ready. Right after the match with Lupkes he said "I told you I'm outta shape, no hand"...

I think everyone pretty much agrees that a trained John would've easily won, but noone wants to say it out loud as to not take credit from those who beat him (Lupkes, and the next day Tim Bresnan, who lost to John the day before).

I think everyone pretty much agrees that a trained John would've easily won, ...

Not sure about that, esp. not about that "easily". Richard won against a "trained" John in the past. Everybody is beatable, also John Brzenk.

I think everyone pretty much agrees that a trained John would've easily won, ...

Not sure about that, esp. not about that "easily". Richard won against a "trained" John in the past. Everybody is beatable, also John Brzenk.

Yes, but Richard is not the same he was 15+ years ago. He was beaten by Travis and Ron Bath a couple of months ago, not sure if the old Richard in his prime would've lost, maybe he would've dominated that tourney?

I saw it. It was several seconds long, mostly John holding Richard (on Richard's winning side), until Rich won.

Not to make excuses or anything, but at Travis' event a week or two ago John said he had not trained since Zlotty and wasn't going to the Arnolds... then he decided to go on the last minute and it seems he wasn't ready. Right after the match with Lupkes he said "I told you I'm outta shape, no hand"...

I think everyone pretty much agrees that a trained John would've easily won, but noone wants to say it out loud as to not take credit from those who beat him (Lupkes, and the next day Tim Bresnan, who lost to John the day before).

i like john also but making excuses is the wrong way to go just say the better man won today and leave it at that :blush

Dan and Florian and everyone else:

I'm sorry if it sounded like excuses and nothing else, but I was just stating an honest opinion. I have ArmTV and about 2 weeks ago I saw footage of a tourney held by Travis.. John went there to spectate and CLEARLY said he wasn't going to the Arnolds. He also clearly said that he was out of shape, and had not trained since Zlotty (which was at the end of last year). After the tourney he pulled (practising) with Rob V. Jr and with Giorgi and who knows who else (those two were shown on camera), and it was shown how Giorgi gave John a great effort in a hook... John said to the camera "wow, armwrestling world, do NOT hook Giorgi, toproll Giorgi!!"... So, to me, it seemed like John was definitely not at the top of his game at that moment. And just days later he changes his mind and goes to Arnolds... is it a crime to "GUESS" that he was not in good shape and the results could've been different if he were? I suposse it is. I'm very sorry to have an opinion, you're right, fact is he lost and lets not even dare to comment on that. :( ... why do we bother with "discussion forums" like these? I guess it's better to just post results and not even allow comments. :whacked .... was just giving my humble, novice opinion... I don't even like to cause controversy. Again, sorry to those offended.

Brzenk is my favorite AW and there's no question who the better puller is but Richard was just stronger that day and hat's off to him for his mighty victories. :rock As for John not being in shape; Richard had quite a layoff himself so I doubt he's in his peak form either.

Dan and Florian and everyone else:

I'm sorry if it sounded like excuses and nothing else, but I was just stating an honest opinion. I have ArmTV and about 2 weeks ago I saw footage of a tourney held by Travis.. John went there to spectate and CLEARLY said he wasn't going to the Arnolds. He also clearly said that he was out of shape, and had not trained since Zlotty (which was at the end of last year). After the tourney he pulled (practising) with Rob V. Jr and with Giorgi and who knows who else (those two were shown on camera), and it was shown how Giorgi gave John a great effort in a hook... John said to the camera "wow, armwrestling world, do NOT hook Giorgi, toproll Giorgi!!"... So, to me, it seemed like John was definitely not at the top of his game at that moment. And just days later he changes his mind and goes to Arnolds... is it a crime to "GUESS" that he was not in good shape and the results could've been different if he were? I suposse it is. I'm very sorry to have an opinion, you're right, fact is he lost and lets not even dare to comment on that. :( ... why do we bother with "discussion forums" like these? I guess it's better to just post results and not even allow comments. :whacked .... was just giving my humble, novice opinion... I don't even like to cause controversy. Again, sorry to those offended.

no problem buddy you post whatever and whenever you want thats what this world is all about if everyone thought the same this would be a boring place :D

Rich made his come back at the unified nats and took third at a tournament in which Tim won and now a few months later he wins over Tim. John may not be 100% but i think Rich will continue to get better over the next year IMO

My first competition was at age 16 - the 1988 New England Arm Wrestling Championships - 20 years ago last month.

Guy Lasorsa won the overall at that one - I believe he was the dominant 220 in the country at the time.

I recall this conversation with one of the attendees who said "so and so" was "so powerful" that he would win this competition, easily, hands down. I don't recall the name of who he was describing, but this was the description of his lifts:

Bench press 500 x 10

Concentration curl 130 x 10

I figured back in 1988, only two guys in arm wrestling could reasonably be expected to do that - Scott Norton and Richard Lupkes (Gary Goodrich reached his peak later on and likely could not do that until early to mid 1990’s). Since I don't recall Norton ever competing that far east, I think he was talking about Richard Lupkes.

In an old Arm Bender magazine, I recall an interview with Richard Lupkes where he describes one of his favorite "side pressure" [???] exercises as weighted dips

where he regularly did 200-300 pounds on top of his 6' 3", 295-pound frame.

Edited by G-Man

i heard somewhere that Scott Norton had benched 700 at one time but i dont know how true this is. I did see one clip on armtv of Scott beating Cleve at the over the top in which i think Cleve was 5th and Scott was 4th behind Lupkes who was third i think. I think Lupkes was at his best around 89 but i'm not sure because that was before my time :D I wonder if Scott will ever make a come back because there are rumors of it

Edited by Robert Bishop