Interesting - Inch Db On Ebay (uk)

CoC#3

Is the seller a GB member?

at the bottom it says this DB was made by the Holle brothers i don't think they are making any more

at the bottom it says this DB was made by the Holle brothers i don't think they are making any more

Don't know. I have one from the Holles. It doesn't look new like this one though...

It says 60mm handle - that would be 2.38''? Most replics have a 2.5'' handle don't they? What handle diamter has your got florian?

sam they have been selling them for a couple of months on ebay, twig, markr and stew have bought hem, i think. last week they had smaller versions as well, but i think they sold them.

It says 60mm handle - that would be 2.38''? Most replics have a 2.5'' handle don't they? What handle diamter has your got florian?

The diameter of the Holle DBs is a bit bigger than 60mm, not sure about the exact measurement. But I know the these dumbbells have the exact measurements of the original Inch Dumbbell and are the best replicas. 2.5 Inch diameter is too thick for a real inch replica for sure.

The seller's Kieran Holle, and from what he was saying when I picked up my Inch, I gather they will be casting more of both an exact Inch replica, and 2 other sizes as well.

I'm lucky enough to have purchased a dumbell many years ago from the Holle's (Gazza got one as well), and as Flo said the dumbell is Top Notch!

David

Those are exact replicas with the 2 3/8inch handle second to none dont hesitate to buy one.

After Big Chris James i was the 1st one to own a HOLLE inch replica i lugged mine all the way back from swansea by train on a sunday service with 3 platform changes was good fun :D

I think david also went to swansea to pick his Holle inch replica up but he did it the easy way by car :D

Glad to see the lads making these again and making a few quid for there hard work.

You guys should see the Apollon Wheels Replica they made another work of art :rock

What would be better the Inch on ebay or one of these babies??

Loadable Dumbell

I prob wont be able to lift the inch (ok theres no "prob" about it!) so was thinking about getting the one from pullum with a 60mm handle! What do you guys think? I have to wait till next pay day either way as Im owed 2 month wages :-(

Loadables don't give you the rotation that you experience with a cast bell, so you can lift well in excess of the weight of an Inch on a loadable and yet still not be able to lift the Inch.

Gazza,

I think david also went to swansea to pick his Holle inch replica up but he did it the easy way by car

Too right!

Have you got a pic of the Apollon Wheels they made?

David

Theres a pic in an old issue of Milo cant remember which one I will see if I can find it a scan it

Fraser,

The pic of the dumbbell on the Pullums site is mine I got the 3" grip.Twigs right you dont get rotation but its still a really well made dumbbell and nice grip building tool

Mark

I have never used a shot loadable dumbbell; so why is it preferable to a regular thick handled dumbbell that you can add plates to? I can understand that it lends itself to micro loading, but is that all there is to it.

As mentioned above I got the first one they listed on Ebay and I am very happy with it, It is currently in my lounge as that's where I carried it into after I picked it up from Kieron and will stay there so I can look at it every day until I can lift it with one hand, so far its been half an inch or so off the ground before rotating out of my hand.

Carrying one of them home on the train from Swansea is a serious feat, just getting it in from the car was hard enough because its so awkward to hold with 2 hands.

The diameter of the Holle DBs is a bit bigger than 60mm, not sure about the exact measurement. But I know the these dumbbells have the exact measurements of the original Inch Dumbbell and are the best replicas. 2.5 Inch diameter is too thick for a real inch replica for sure.

who got one from ironmind and do they know what size the handle is ???

As mentioned above I got the first one they listed on Ebay and I am very happy with it, It is currently in my lounge as that's where I carried it into after I picked it up from Kieron and will stay there so I can look at it every day until I can lift it with one hand, so far its been half an inch or so off the ground before rotating out of my hand.

Carrying one of them home on the train from Swansea is a serious feat, just getting it in from the car was hard enough because its so awkward to hold with 2 hands.

Try running across crewe platform up and down the stairs cause your on the wrong side of the platform when the train pulls in :D this with an inch replica in your arms in a big gym bag train conductor shit a brick when i dumped it on the floor and it made a big bang cause i was knackered he thought it was a bomb me being full of sweat an all :D

who got an inch dumbbell from ironmind and do they know what size the handle is ??? 2.50 or what diameter is yours

The Holle Inch looks to my uneducated eye to have a longer and thinner handle than the Staver foundry version, is that an illusion due to some aspect of the design being different or are they really that different (I'm aware of the 2.38" vs. 2.47" typical handle sizes, but they look to be really different in appearance)?

Dan, mine measured 2.45 (Sorinex). I'll try again one of these days after I zero out my micrometer.

Edited by odin

The Holle Inch looks to my uneducated eye to have a longer and thinner handle than the Staver foundry version, is that an illusion due to some aspect of the design being different or are they really that different (I'm aware of the 2.38" vs. 2.47" typical handle sizes, but they look to be really different in appearance)?

Dan, mine measured 2.45 (Sorinex). I'll try again one of these days after I zero out my micrometer.

Bob

The handle is 4" as the Inch and 60mm thick,It looks longer probably because it goes into the globes like the original inch dumbbell unlike the Ironmind or Heavygrip ones which merge into the dumbbell.

As everyone has said above the Holles Inch are great dumbbells there is no comparison between them and the HGT tools one which is quite roughtly cast with a slightly thicker handle.The only downside to my dumbbell (not that it makes that much difference) is that it only weighs about 77kg (170Lb).I was lucky enough to buy a 125lber from them aswell which should arrive Monday :)

Edited by MARKR

Bob

The handle is 4" as the Inch and 60mm thick,It looks longer probably because it goes into the globes like the original inch dumbbell unlike the Ironmind or Heavygrip ones which merge into the dumbbell.

As everyone has said above the Holles Inch are great dumbbells there is no comparison between them and the HGT tools one which is quite roughtly cast with a slightly thicker handle.The only downside to my dumbbell (not that it makes that much difference) is that it only weighs about 77kg (170Lb).I was lucky enough to buy a 125lber from them aswell which should arrive Monday :)

Mark, thanks for the clarification, I'd always wondered about that.

I hope you enjoy your new dumbbell and that it helps you progress towards lifting the Inch.