What Are Your Secret Weapons?

foxyj75

hehe, sometimes I train to the man in black's greatest hits (Johnny Cash) never to enya though, may have to try that.

- Aaron

Love the Man In Black. Best JC tunes to lift to are Cocaine Blues and Ring of Fire. Especially the Social Distortion version of Ring of Fire. I usually throw down a few Sudafed tablets and crank up the Motorhead and Drive By Truckers.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jad

• twig

• matthcarl

• foxyj75

Top Posters In This Topic

For any PR attempt, I always drink plenty of water, and try to get a good nights sleep. If I am competing (nothing formal just unspoken competition with friends) then getting pumped up is very easy. If I am by myself it can take a lot of stuff like, getting "angry" at the gripper, bar, or whatever. Some music helps, but I don't always respond to music by getting pumped up, even heavy stuff. The hardest time for me to get psyched is when I am doing a PR lift in front of people that have no clue when it comes to gripping or lifting. It gives me motivation, but it is distracting because I end up focusing on impressing them and not the feat I am trying to accomplish. When I am in a situation like that I do my best to zone into my own little world and completely ignore everybody else. That usually works for me.

Hmmm rituals...

Well I am vegan (so no animal stuff) but I find my best days are when I eat about 4 cups (dry amount) of outmeal for Breakfast.

My preworkout meal is asually 4-7 bannanas, 4-5 apples, and 4-5 oranges with a handfull of raisins. Then I chill and digest for about 4/3 of an hour.

Next come the "THINKING" faze I listen to celtic stuff or chinease stuff and think about the lifts. Close my eyes relax and focus on everything that I have to do and how my body feels.

Then I walk to the gym. Pray, visualize my main lift (either squats or deads.)

Immagine myself having lightning flowing through my body and being super human.

Then its GO TIME! step up to the bar, whisper, "Lord give me strength" and kill the weight.

When the workout it done I walk home, take a contra bath shower (3 minutes hot one cold 3x)

And when I say its cold its really cold, I'm in the BC mountains right now and its mountain water so like 34, 35 f.

Then I stretch, thank God for His blessing and go to bed.

*note if I am at my house in florida and have youtube available I add watching BIll Kazmaier vids to my preworkout rituals.

**second note oats must be God's gift to the celts! (I have 4 celtic races in my lineage) I love the stuff, I find myself craving it every morning like a fat kid loves cake!

*** last note I always try to practice hyper-irridation on my lifts as talked about by pavel.

Edited by The Steve Train

Well I am vegan
Good luck to you, Brother, 8 years of veganism didn't work for me, but I wish you every success.

Well I have gained more mass vegan than I ever did eating meat...(and I ate a lot 5 or so #s a day)

Ive gone from 165ish to about 180ish...Though it has taken me about 2 years to do it.

My grip is stronger when my hands are warmer (it makes a lot of difference on grippers). So a good warmup of a few squats and the like gets the blood flowing and gives you a good warmup. I don't find the squats makes as big a difference in the summer as it does in winter.

I also always have some caffeine before training, and more if i am going for a big PR with the grippers. I find it hard to focus without it.

this is for sam http://www.hardfitness.com/emagazine/issue6/caffeine.html