Arizona Cactus Grip Showdown I Results

acorn

Hey everyone,

New member here. I placed 3rd in the recent Arizona Cactus Grip Showdown, my first competition.

This is after only four or five grip training sessions in my life.

Competition results (as best as I can remember):

1st Event, Grippers. Closed an "easy" #3 CoC. Tied for 2nd.

2nd Event, Pinch Grip. 160 pounds. Tied for 3rd.

3rd Event, V-bar. 215 pounds. 3rd place.

4th Event, Nail-bending. Bent a 5.5" 60D nail. Did not place in top 5.

5th Event, Axle DL. 325 pounds. 2nd place.

6th Event, Blob Medley. 12.58 seconds. 1st place.

My main focus right now is taking the deadlift world by storm, but once I get some time to dabble, I'll close a brand-new #3 CoC and do a double 50 pound blob pick-up.

Many thanks to acorn for introducing me to the grip-world and answering my numerous questions. And thanks to the other competitors at the Showdown for making it fun. It was a very positive first experience.

The Natural

Hey Rex, you need to post up a pic of them frying pans you call hands...haha...Im sure with a little bit more work with Aaron and Derek you will be bending some huge stock...

-B

Edited by BrandonA

Hey Rex, you need to post up a pic of them frying pans you call hands...haha...Im sure with a little bit more work with Aaron and Derek you will be bending some huge stock...

-B

http://thesinnersaremuchmorefun.blogspot.com/

The piece of paper is the standard printer-paper size.

Edited by The Natural

Rex, I'm sure you've heard it a hundred times by now, but that is one very impressive maiden voyage on the Grip Ship! :rock Watch out, or you'll end up a "lifer" like most of us around here.

Like to thank Aaron and his wife Heidi for allowing us to come to their House.

It was good to see my good freind Bill at this event he brought his wife too.

anytime after April Bill got 1 more contest to prepare for. If you want to come over pm me so we

can get together I can help you with your pinch and you can help with my bending .

Had a great time there at the contest for only being 15yrs. old Derek is very impressivse

listening to him and Bill all aftternoon kept my laughing all day. I spent most of the day

talking with Dereks dad Wes great guy he help push mme to do more. Had some fun watching

Rex perform WOOOOO .

-B

http://thesinnersaremuchmorefun.blogspot.com/

The piece of paper is the standard printer-paper size.

with a hand that size you should get some pointers from jed on what to train and how often his hand is big like that and he can point you in the right direction :D