2008...new Year..new Goals

pklidaras

no i am not...not really sure how to set them into the overall programme....any suggestions are welcome.....

would like to win the little race that i am involved in and then do my MM0 before the year's end.

Well if your looking for a change of programme with grippers, i would reccomend, simply warming up, then taking your goal gripper, preferably the one you can close to about an 1/8" with any set, then do the old forced close remove asissted hand and hold for about 3-5s. Do maybe 5 or 6 of these and thats all. I found the best results with that.

did some bending yesterday:

reverse

60d

6''x1/4''hex from 30 to 41 degrees in 5-6 hits spread over 45 minutes or so.....at last!! hopefully the next one will fall a wee bit quicker, haha

7''x1/4''hex from 28 degrees to over 50 degrees in two hits in well under 30 seconds.....need to make this MUCH faster....will work on this!

made a technique modification that helped on the longer stuff as well as the 6'', will try it next session to see if it actually helps and it wasn't just my imagination....

later,

phil.

did some bending today:

reverse

60d

6''x1/4''hex from 0 degrees to 36 degrees in 3 hits in around 20-25 minutes...much better than last time :-)

7''x1/4''hex from 0 degrees to 20 degrees in one hit....done by now.

this was a solid session....should finihs the 6'' piece next session and hopefully be getting close to nailing a 6'' piece of hex in one hit shortly!! then onto the 6''x1/4'' round SS

later,

phil.

grippers today:

IMx1 BH

LH

6 BFN w/ filed rb160....held one shut, when i can get 3-4/6 attempts shut, then i should be good to go CCS style :-)

RH

6 BFN w/ IM 2.5, these were held around the 1/4'' mark, but they did feel easy.....

also did 3 MMS set practices with one gripper higher than i have actually closed with either hand...IM2.5 for LH and BBGM for RH....once i get the CCS singles that i want, then onto the MMS singles that have avoided me for a while!!!

off to do some extensor work,

phil.

i am 1/4'' away, but i have alway had a lot of trouble on that last little bit...sweep is good, transition is good, but not that bit....drives me insane....once i get the bastard reverse, haha...i'll do A LOT of choker work on grippers and make me way there for a while....

hey,

did some reverse last night:

60d

6''x1/4'' hex, from 36 to 41 degrees in one hit and a little extra work after wards taking it to 45 degrees

7''x1/4'' hex, from 20 to 26 degrees in one hit....need more work on this length....will do so after the G8 falls

will try a G8 next session IF i do the hex in the time limit...if so then it's on!!!!

later,

phil.

Hey Phil,

Was just wondering what your best lifts are in Powerlifting?

I been powerlifting for few years and regularly compete in BWLA.

Thanks,

Ali.

thanks Pete :-)

my best lifts so far done at a BW of 120kg or so using just a powerbelt and wrist wraps:

DL 227.5kg comp/gym 220kgx2

BP 127.5kg comp/132.5kg gym

SQ 205kg comp/200kgx2, 205kgx1 gym

the DL and BP ones are a bit old, done in Nov of last year....the SQ hasn't been maxed since then...the DL was the first time, i've ever realy hit a max, no point in the gym really, hence i only tend to hit maxes in comp or on rare occasions like when a bet is thrown down...though i tend to fall foul of that on the BP, haha.....still converting from OL though, i can still jerk more than i can BP!

later,

phil.

hey,

did some grippers today:

IM 1 x10 for a WU BH

LH

CCS singles using the filed rb160, and then BFN and held for 5-7 seconds....i closed the gripper twice as i didn't think i was gonna close it and hey presto, it clicked shut, this was from CCS, but i didn't insert the card, so i can't count it as a CCS rep.

RH

as above using my IM 2.5....nothing closed,but when i tried some CCS closes, i got a wee bit closer, it is coming closer, and closer, haha....

will do some extensors later,

phil

thanks Kevin...was gonna give her go yesterday, but i wanna be able to take down a 6''x1/4'' hex in one go before i do, because i think that'll give me a pretty good shot at taking it down....i'm almost there.....can do 30 degrees in one hit pretty easily, just crapping out on that last 10 degrees prolly a leverage thing...we'll see...

yesterday i did the following:

60d nail

6''x1/4'' hex....to 30 degreesin one hit and then on several further hits spaced out over 30 minutes, i got it to 35 degrees......gotta solve the leverage problem on this, once i do, then i am gonna blow the G8 away!!

that's it...this really tired out my forearms, will hit some grippers tomorrow, and bending during the weekend.

later,

phil.

cheers Sam...i sure hope so, it has laughed at me a few times when i tried it in the past!

did some grippers yesterday:

nothing worth noting, plenty of BFN's w/ the 2.5 from CCS RH, and rb160 from CCS LH...system is fatigued from LOTS of Deads at the moment, but i'll hit some bending this weekend.

go Big Joe...points win tonight!

hey,

i did some grippers yesterday:

LH

im1x1

filed rb160x1, from a LS...didn't insert CC, but i did hold the handles shut

filed rb180x a few attempts, and then forced closed and held 4-5 mm from closure......i'll get this in a month or so, then onto the IM2.5 CCS, BBSM MMS

RH

im1x1

a bunch of attempts, combined with forced closures with the im 2.5 from a LS, getting closer.....i am about 4- mm from closing this sucker, i hope to get it soon....after this, i wanna work on a LS/CCS of the BBSM and a MMS of the BBGM

not doing too much bending at the moment...just taking a break to let my hands heal up a bit...i'll be aiming for the G8 when i come back.

cheers guys :-)

i did some grippers today:

LH

im1x1

filed rb160x1...closed and held the handles shut...nice to really own that grippper!

filed rb180x3 attempted closes with BFN's and then 3 thumb braced closes, the first might of touched, but i am not sure.....all this work was done from CCS or wider...

RH

im1x1

im2.5...same deal as with the filed 180.....

will work upto the point where i can use the TB and hold the gripper shut and then make a legit CCS attempt!

later,

phil.

hi,

did some gripper work today:

LH

im1x1

filed rb180x4x1 thumb braced closes...got 2 shut...but my hand was being a bit retarded..so this wasn't as smooth as it could have been...bu there's progress!

im2.5 x1 TB attempt...nearly got this...4 mm away....

all of this was done from CCS or wider...

RH

im1x1

IM2.5...as above, but i closed 3 outta 4 attempts...one was literally slammed shut, and when i took my thumb away to try and hold the gripper shut...i was but a gnat's cock away from doing so...this is REALLY encouraging!

BBSM..as above....this one was about 4-5mm away...this feels a bit harder than the 2.5, but whe i can dominate the 2.5, i should be really close to CCS'ing this fella when i try it....

good session, and no forearm pain....the grippers aren't buggin my arm like when i do reverse...

may do some plate pinching tomorrow...

later,

phil.

hey,

did some grippers yesterday:

LH

im1x1

filed rb180 for a few TB attempts from CCS, got two closed, so this is good.....

im2.5 for an attempts from MMS, TB.....almost, so very close, arrrrgghhh....

filed rb160x5 from MMS

im1x15 from CCS

RH

im1x1

im2.5 for a few TB attempts, got 3 closed, each with a solid hold at the end...may try to CCS next session...will be close....

BBSM from MMS with TB.....very very close...would get this from fresh, and likely close this from MMS i tried it fresh...

filed rb160x9

im1x10 from CCS

good session...will try the CCS with the IM2.5 next session, prolly Friday...and then go for some MMS training on the RH....as i wanna get my BBGM and 3 from a MMS.

later,

phil.